• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when not a single of of the amazing moments in Metal Gear Rising, especially the awesome Armstrong boss fight, made it on to 2013's Best Moment in a Video Game because Brad had to have that lame unfunny DmC fight on the list? I can't believe I'm still weirdly bitter about that.

Anjin M

Remember when not a single of of the amazing moments in Metal Gear Rising, especially the awesome Armstrong boss fight, made it on to 2013's Best Moment in a Video Game because Brad had to have that lame unfunny DmC fight on the list? I can't believe I'm still weirdly bitter about that.

85dCPlhUW5bYk.gif

Volotaire

Although Dan was mocked for saying Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze had the best soundtrack in last year's GOTY podcasts, the game has an incredible soundtrack. I really love it.

FStop7

Banned

I would be bitter, too. The MGS:R boss fights were off the charts.

Bacon

The sims one has the best one liner of the whole series so I'm gonna recommend that one.

Now that's a boy I can get into

Nah man, that shit is desperate. Any attempt to make Raiden cool will always seem like a desperate response to fan reception. And Quinton Flynn's edgy voice, I just don't buy it.

Quinton Flynn's Jack the Ripper voice is close to Old Snake levels of rough but it never really bothered me. Regardless, I don't think Revengeance Raiden is a great character but he is a silly over the top character that fit's that game and that universe so I'm fine with it.

- J - D -

I love how snake just literally floats away and everyones confused. Even I was confused. I thought he died.

It happens to me every time during that part of the game. Trying to roll past that gecko makes him leg sweep Snake into the next cutscene lol. Drew just managed to do it without rolling.

justjim89

Daniel Bryan, who has never drank, advocates getting drunk and kissing a girl to get out of the friendzone.

Truly a Danswers-tier solution.

MGS2 Raiden is the best Raiden

I've always considered MGS4 Raiden as a huge joke Kojima played on the fanbase who hated him. They think he's really badass now... except now he's an angsty anime character who does ballet dance fights, talks about how awesome ninjas are, cries about his ex-girlfriend, has high heels, literally has no genitals, and coughs up sticky white stuff all over his face when he's hurt.

Curufinwe

I don't remember it, but it sounds very annoying.

TraBuch

Banned
Just finished the second episode of Life is Strange and I'm already enjoying this more than any of those Telltale games, except for maybe The Wolf Among Us.

Game is soooooo good and Max is likable as hell.

danm999

Just finished the second episode of Life is Strange and I'm already enjoying this more than any of those Telltale games, except for maybe The Wolf Among Us.

You're in for some shit. Buckle up.

Yeah it's better than anything Telltale has done in my opinion.

PensOwl

Banned

The third episode is the best one yet imo

hurry up and finish everything, the spoiler thread is the most happenin' place on the neogaf forums

Guys am I crazy, or was Jeff pretty negative toward VR for a long time? I remember at E3 he ended up being really positive on hololens, but I don't remember his take on Oculus/Vive stuff.

I've always considered MGS4 Raiden as a huge joke Kojima played on the fanbase who hated him. They think he's really badass now... except now he's an angsty anime character who does ballet dance fights, talks about how awesome ninjas are, cries about his ex-girlfriend, has high heels, literally has no genitals, and coughs up sticky white stuff all over his face when he's hurt.

My memory of MGS4 Raiden is that he had a badass cyborg body but underneath that he was still kind of lame, if I remember rightly there's a whole talk where he whines about how useless he is.

Guys am I crazy, or was Jeff pretty negative toward VR for a long time? I remember at E3 he ended up being really positive on hololens, but I don't remember his take on Oculus/Vive stuff.

I seem to remember him being positive but having the same reservations that he has now.

danm999

Anyone on GB been keeping up with Life is Strange?

Jeff and Brad did a Quick Look back in January and liked it, and Alex has been posting trailers for it so it's at least on his radar, but I'm guessing it's only going to get played in total when the last Ep comes out if at all for GOTY.

Jeff and Brad did a Quick Look back in January and liked it, and Alex has been posting trailers for it so it's at least on his radar, but I'm guessing it's only going to get played in total when the last Ep comes out if at all for GOTY.

At some point recently Vinny mentioned wanting to check it out, at this point I'd imagine Alex is the most likely to check it out and I hope he does because I'd love to hear his thoughts on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom