• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Has anyone had trouble skipping through videos when browsing the site on an iPad? I can select a time on the new player but can't actually do anything.

I miss the old player.

erawsd

Clearly video game writing is much better, but in 1998 wasn't that considered to be the height of video game writing?

Definitely not. MGS was better than average but there were a ton of games, especially the PC RPGs and PnC of the era like Legacy of Kain, Planescape, Grim Fandango, ect. that are easily better written. The MGS' story is still a lot of fun because its so over the top and convoluted, and I think the action and (melo)drama is extremely well directed.

Dont know why Rocket League was a PS+ game. It had a bunch of interest already and I bet would have done well for it self. Plus I am sure their weird cross PS4 / PC servers wouldnt have died as quick.

But whatever. Free awesome game is great. If they ever do DLC Ill buy out of a obligation to support awesome shit.

Xater

Dont know why Rocket League was a PS+ game. It had a bunch of interest already and I bet would have done well for it self. Plus I am sure their weird cross PS4 / PC servers wouldnt have died as quick.

But whatever. Free awesome game is great. If they ever do DLC Ill buy out of a obligation to support awesome shit.

That's what I did when the Outlast DLC came out. Bought it immediately.

Still I am never going to complain about a great free game and I still think to build a bigger audience for a MP game this might have been the right move.

They're planning on releasing all future map DLC for free and only paid DLC for cars/cosmetic things. I think this month they're releasing another map arena based on the original game. That's pretty cool.

Chuck

Still without luck
That's what I did when the Outlast DLC came out. Bought it immediately.

Still I am never going to complain about a great free game and I still think to build a bigger audience for a MP game this might have been the right move.
They do get paid for ever PS+ download, you know...

Xater

fqHkeAzgD437O.gif

so the thing people fail to realize about the Bomberman Act Zero thing is that Konami owns the rights to Bomberman now so nothing will ever happen involving anything forever

Xater

so the thing people fail to realize about the Bomberman Act Zero thing is that Konami owns the rights to Bomberman now so nothing will ever happen involving anything forever

Pretty sure most people know that Konami bought Hudson. It's just another sad facet of the whole Konami shit.

Wait it's on PS+? I guess I'll have to try it out then, since everyone keeps going on about it.

The update file is bigger than the game itself.. With PSN download speeds this will probably be ready tomorrow.

Volotaire

The poster does not like the game. And there are posters trying to justify it as a 'click bait' post?!

Remind me not to post any negative LTTP threads.

The poster does not like the game. And there are posters trying to justify it as a 'click bait' post?!

To be fair, mgs1 was a hot mess to figure out control-wise even when it launched. If a friend hadn't shown me how to play the demo I would've probably passed on the series.

Nothing plays like mgs1 and it's not till mgs4 that the series ever controls like its gaming peers. It's almost a genre inunto itself.

Problem that poster has is that there's nearly 20 years of people getting over that hump and idolizing that game for him to make a thread saying its weeks old hot dog water. That wasn't going to end well, especially given that fanbase

I don't know. I'm generally of the opinion that if I hate something, I don't feel like it's worth my effort to try to convince other people why I think it's bad. At least, not without any prompt to do so.

I'd rather spend my time finding things to like...

Volotaire

To be fair, mgs1 was a hot mess to figure out control-wise even when it launched. If a friend hadn't shown me how to play the demo I would've probably passed on the series.

Nothing plays like mgs1 and it's not till mgs4 that the series ever controls like its gaming peers. It's almost a genre inunto itself.

It is (some may say very steep learning curve). I'm just bewildered by the number of posters on a forum like this who think the poster is 'trolling'.

I don't know. I'm generally of the opinion that if I hate something, I don't feel like it's worth my effort to try to convince other people why I think it's bad. At least, not without any prompt to do so.

I just think of it more as a critique (in bullet points).

I think it's more that he didn't say I didn't enjoy this game but said, This game is bad. Followed by a very poorly done list of problems that are problems from a mostly modern perspective (though personal taste will lead you to enjoying the characters or not; they are well written). There's a huge difference between the two statements when it comes to a post.

As someone else said in the thread, had OP not gone full hyperbole, there could have been a discussion there.

Watching Metal Gear Scanlon > Playing Metal Gear Solid

Always appreciated the games for what they are and the attention to detail, but I've always find them hard to play for me. I just get angry the entire time and end up just quitting the first time I die. I'd rather just watch.

Mgs1 also harkens back to a time where reading the manual was actually useful. The game doesn't really spell everything out to you like one who grew up on modern games would expect.

Meh, calling it an outright bad game doesn't sit well with me but if you want to call it clunky and somewhat inscrutable given today's games then I can hear that argument out.

Watching Metal Gear Scanlon > Playing Metal Gear Solid

Always appreciated the games for what they are and the attention to detail, but I've always find them hard to play for me. I just get angry the entire time and end up just quitting the first time I die. I'd rather just watch.
Then boy do I have a great upcoming mgscanlon coming for you!

This sounds like a bunch of tomfoolery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom