• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm waiting for all the episodes to be out. The first one grabbed me like I never would've expected, so I hope the rest is as good.
It also makes me pretty happy that the Remember Me devs got a project like this, it suits them so much more.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I've always considered MGS4 Raiden as a huge joke Kojima played on the fanbase who hated him. They think he's really badass now... except now he's an angsty anime character who does ballet dance fights, talks about how awesome ninjas are, cries about his ex-girlfriend, has high heels, literally has no genitals, and coughs up sticky white stuff all over his face when he's hurt.

the whole of 4 seems to exist just to mock fans.

Snake is Old and bitter. A volte face from 2.

Everything about Meryl and her... partner of choice.

Everything related to Liquid/Ocelot.

Explaining magic. But not really.

The two characters at the graveyard.

Mount fucking Rushmore.

What a piece of shit game.

King's Quest is going to steal Life Is Strange's lunch

I haven't played Kings Quest but I doubt it, Life is Strange has some fantastic moments in it and has done a better job with choice and consequence than most games, it has it's flaws but when it works it works really well.

the whole of 4 seems to exist just to mock fans.

I kind of felt that way as well, it feels like Kojima wanting to bail on Metal Gear and throw up two middle fingers while doing so, that's also kind of why I love it.

jgminto

In related McEl-news:

931756b56dd9885f497d6cf3bcf2809d.png

They need to go to a site that actively encourages the dumb stuff they do. Maybe one that would allow a Mario race on a rollercoaster.

danm999

I haven't played Kings Quest but I doubt it, Life is Strange has some fantastic moments in it and has done a better job with choice and consequence than most games, it has it's flaws but when it works it works really well.

I'm guessing it's meant in the sense that Brad will play it and Brad is a strong force to have in your corner for awards.

Lijik

I love Life is Strange, but Kings Quest is probably going to get more cache at Giant Bomb GOTY if i had to pick between the two

I kind of felt that way as well, it feels like Kojima wanting to bail on Metal Gear and throw up two middle fingers while doing so, that's also kind of why I love it.

I think Kojima doesn't get into a Metal Gear game unless there's something he can do that is mechanically innovative for the series. It seems like he had a creative block after MGS3. If you look at MGS4, outside of streamlining some existing gameplay mechanics, there really wasn't anything wildly different he was doing from MGS3. And whatever was new felt half-baked. The whole sneaking around a battlefield thing and faction thing were cool ideas that get completely dropped after Act 2 almost as if he wasn't satisfied with the way those ideas ultimately turned out.

Devil's Playhouse spoilers
The real Max died after all ;-; Clone Max does set up the possibility of another reboot though

Playhouse was the best, can't bet too upset about Telltale making it and two other great seasons.

justjim89

Guys, I'm not ready for Jon Stewart to leave The Daily Show. This sucks.

Time to watch the Epic Yarn Quick Look and pretend there's still beauty in the world.

Guys, I'm not ready for Jon Stewart to leave The Daily Show. This sucks.

Time to watch the Epic Yarn Quick Look and pretend there's still beauty in the world.

I appreciate that he cares, but man Jon Stewart can be annoying. I know it's what makes for good TV, but making judgments based on 5 second sound bytes can be almost as bad as the stuff against which he rails. With that said, I doubt his replacement will be any better. At least he's not as bad as Kilborn was.

Resurrection F was good! Appropriately self-aware and jokey, which it really needs to be at this point. Good move to have the characters more or less aware of the fact that there are no stakes at this point in this franchise.

Anjin M

Jeff Gerstmann posting Hatsune Miku on Tumblr is the reason I subscribe to the site. I need that man to stay employed so that he can do dumb stuff all the time.

I totally forgot about the tailing mission in MGS4. Has there ever been a good tailing mission in any game ever? I tried to convince myself that LA Noire's tailing mission was cool and unique because you could use a newspaper for cover like in so many classic noir films that I love, but I was lying to myself because that stuff was trash.

Said it in the wrasslin thread, but what does it say about the man you support and aid weekly with money that he's friends with Donald Trump? Then you realize Michael Hayes is in a position of power in that company and you look in the mirror and wonder how it got to this point.

The Clintons are also friends with him. Take that for what you will.

I called it.

I totally forgot about the tailing mission in MGS4. Has there ever been a good tailing mission in any game ever? I tried to convince myself that LA Noire's tailing mission was cool and unique because you could use a newspaper for cover like in so many classic noir films that I love, but I was lying to myself because that stuff was trash.

Here's a hot tip for the MGS4 tailing mission: take off the coat and use octocamo. Also, no.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Said it in the wrasslin thread, but what does it say about the man you support and aid weekly with money that he's friends with Donald Trump? Then you realize Michael Hayes is in a position of power in that company and you look in the mirror and wonder how it got to this point.

Like honestly, after watching the debates?

He's not even the worst one.

What the fuck was I watching?

justjim89

Like honestly, after watching the debates?

He's not even the worst one.

What the fuck was I watching?

The military is for killing people and breaking things. Planned Parenthood is an abortion factory and nothing more. Muslims are the enemy.

God damn it I hate being a white dude.

Jothel

GAF help me, any idea what video this is from? It's quite old and all I can remember is (maybe) Jeff saying in a dumb voice "SPACE BULLEEEETS!!!!"
I know that is super vague but yeah

God, even Drew and Dan are having a hard time making some of these MGScanlon videos up to snuff. There's just so much less to work with compared with the first 3, just loooooooooooong cutscenes suturing together disjointed acts in some episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom