• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

so why are the MGS4 facecams so high up on the screen now? they covered up a lot of the briefings. why don't they put them back lower towards the bottom corners?

so why are the MGS4 facecams so high up on the screen now? they covered up a lot of the briefings. why don't they put them back lower towards the bottom corners?

When they were lower, it covered up a lot of gameplay text. Every time Drew picked up an item his facecam blocked what the items was. Of course, seeing as less that 5% of MGS4 is actual gameplay, where the cams are should not matter.

LiK

When they were lower, it covered up a lot of gameplay text. Every time Drew picked up an item his facecam blocked what the items was. Of course, seeing as less that 5% of MGS4 is actual gameplay, where the cams are should not matter.

then they should put them back down cuz it blocks a chunk of the cinematics.

JAYSUN!

I just don't understand _____ (genre). They're incredibly boring to watch and really boring to play. What's the appeal?

That doesn't explain anything. What is entertaining about them? They're REALLY slow and nothing ever seems to be happening on screen except for a giant game of Alterac Valley.

Edit: Saying Halo 2 has a worse community isn't exactly high praise. Console FPS communities are notoriously toxic.

Nice box of garbage in the mailbag. Headphones, cables... headphones

Seeing MGS4 again is starting to de-hype me for TPP in a way that really bums me out, lol. I kind of forgot that it seems to be combining the storytelling and tone that I didn't care for in 4 and the structure from PW that I kinda enjoyed but wasn't really what I wanted.

How is the story or tone anything like 4? Phantom Pain seems relatively straightfaced compared to the constant(intentional, and unintentional) goofiness of 4 and the story seems to be delivered almost entirely through the world rather than long, drawn out cutscenes.

valeo

That doesn't explain anything. What is entertaining about them? They're REALLY slow and nothing ever seems to be happening on screen except for a giant game of Alterac Valley.

Edit: Saying Halo 2 has a worse community isn't exactly high praise. Console FPS communities are notoriously toxic.

If you don't understand something, then of course you aren't going to enjoy it - especailly something as complex as a MOBA. I don't like MOBA's, but I can see that if I got into them properly then I would appreciate it more. I don't like American Football either, but that's just because I don't understand any of the rules. I'm sure if I was brought up on it I would enjoy it the same way I do rugby or football.

I don't like fighting games because I just watch bars drop

"well yeah but look at his blocking and this combo and he had this whole stance thing"

sorry I don't understand what you're saying that's boring

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Time article thing got me thinking, when the consume Oculus Rift comes out, I'm really curious what the support is going to be like. A lot of the stuff right now is very garage dev stuff, which I actually think is fucking rad because it reminds me of old 90s and 80s small dev teams that are just putting their stuff out to see what sticks and trying new ideas. But what's the major push with that thing? As much as I want one, it's just to mess around with it and play that smaller stuff or to play Pinball Arcade with it(which is a fan made thing).

Is there some big PC thing we don't know about that is making an Occulus Rift experience that'll really grab that hardcore market? Though I guess when the biggest thing with the Wii was some simple minigames where you played bowling, you might not need that big thing. I'm just wondering what's the first big experience where it'll be like 'having this in VR adds so much because we built the game with this in mind.' as opposed to 'We made a cool game and we figured VR would work really well with it'

I don't like fighting games because I just watch bars drop

"well yeah but look at his blocking and this combo and he had this whole stance thing"

sorry I don't understand what you're saying that's boring
I understand how to play MOBAs. I just think it's bizarre that it's so popular. Oh well. I guess that's just the way it is.
Some things will never change.

I understand how to play MOBAs. I just think it's bizarre that it's so popular. Oh well. I guess that's just the way it is.
Some things will never change.
honestly if you did understand them you would find them exciting

I don't know what else to say

you think you understand dotes but you don't

I wish people would stop sending garbage for mailbags.

My long running plan is to send them a box of these.

8v64cOAl.jpg

M3z_

I haven't played Kings Quest but I doubt it, Life is Strange has some fantastic moments in it and has done a better job with choice and consequence than most games, it has it's flaws but when it works it works really well.

I kind of felt that way as well, it feels like Kojima wanting to bail on Metal Gear and throw up two middle fingers while doing so, that's also kind of why I love it.

I don't see how LiS will get any recognition at all come GOTY for GB, is anyone playing it? The only time I've seen or heard content about it was the QL Jeff and Brad did and while both seemed to think it showed merit, neither seemed at all motivated to actually play it.

The only way I see it even being brought up is if they bring in Patrick as he is currently loving it, otherwise I don't think it will be mentioned.

Sucks for me because it is possibly my GOTY, but whatever.

jgminto

I don't see how LiS will get any recognition at all come GOTY for GB, is anyone playing it? The only time I've seen or heard content about it was the QL Jeff and Brad did and while both seemed to think it showed merit, neither seemed at all motivated to actually play it.

The only way I see it even being brought up is if they bring in Patrick as he is currently loving it, otherwise I don't think it will be mentioned.

Sucks for me because it is possibly my GOTY, but whatever.

I know Alex showed some interest in it but I don't know if he has played any or if he's planning to wait for the full release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom