• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulik2

On a spectrum from TellTale to Fullbright, where does Life is Strange land? Is it good? I've been hearing things about it but have avoided much in order to remain blind in case I want to jump in.

Its far more Telltale then Fullbright, but LiS isn't really on the same spectrum. It has much more emphasis on puzzles. Very, very smartly designed puzzles. After the last episode I think I feel comfortable actually calling LiS an adventure game not a narrative game. Its also the GOTY for 2015. You should play it.

I really like mayo, that wouldn't have been a problem. I can eat that crap with a spoon, its a character flaw. Dan seems quite good at Soul Calibur.

I believe some people found a work around with the ds4 on w10 but yup back to the 360 controller on pc

Also galak z causing me despair (._. )

Megasoum

Banned
I believe some people found a work around with the ds4 on w10 but yup back to the 360 controller on pc

Also galak z causing me despair (._. )

Yeah I saw about the workaround...bleh.

Well, I'm using the XB1 controller at the moment which is fine for the most part except that I'm playing Ground Zeroes where you often have to tap and hold RB which sucks on the XB1 controller. Not a dealbreaker but annoying.

Then again, my R1 is sticky on my DS4 soI would just have a different problem if I was playing with that instead of the XB1 lol.

- J - D -

It's more like a TellTale game in that there's a coherent story and not a contrived series of trite anecdotes.

Well, I enjoyed Gone Home for what it was, contrived and all. I don't think any of it was trite though.

Its far more Telltale then Fullbright, but LiS isn't really on the same spectrum. It has much more emphasis on puzzles. Very, very smartly designed puzzles. After the last episode I think I feel comfortable actually calling LiS an adventure game not a narrative game. Its also the GOTY for 2015. You should play it.

So it's more Sierra or LucasArts? In any case, I'll give it a shot.

i'm playing MGS1 on easy right now and enjoying it a lot more than the first time I tried on normal.

it's still not easy, but I got through the ocelot fight a lot quicker than drew did

I guess I also have the benefit of knowing what to do, though.

Finally getting around to watching the Load Our Last Souls playthrough on the channel. Holy fuck
the last fight between Vinny and Artorias where Vinny finally won was so intense. That's definitely one of the best bosses in the franchise, such a cool fight.

I don't remember the artorias fight being that hard really.

Had a lot of fun with my two-handed capra blade build.

Its more about understanding the mechanics of his moves and not getting greedy than actual difficulty. Some of his moves look deceptively like his others and can fuck you up.

And if he manages to power up at least twice then GG.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think that's why Vinny's more defensive style backfired him on that matchup. If you don't take your opportunities it's very easy for him to overwhelm you.

graboids

whoa, didn't know we got one tonight... guess I am staying up late.

2772301-mgs.jpg

I didn't know there would be a MGS tonight. Guess I have something to watch after all.

Judging by the icon for the episode, I'm guessing Drew gets through the part that Dan hates without too much frustration. Kinda surprised to be honest, because it does require a lot of patience.

Goddammit at Drew figuring out you can just use the octocamo but then not doing that.

His solution was much more entertaining though.

I think the Metal Gear Solid story, or at least, the parts pertaining to Big Boss, would make a lot more sense and be a lot easier to understand if we got a taste of what the general public thinks about Big Boss. All through the story, we're told that he's so important as a symbol, as a legendary hero, but...that's it. We're only told that. So it makes it all seem very obtuse and abstract and it's hard to really understand the importance of this legendary soldier. Like, there are no conceivable places in the game that we could have had the general public's point of view presented to us, but I feel like it would have helped so much.

Also, this
EVA
exposition is some serious stuff. It does a pretty decent job explaining the past.

edit: actual photo of
big boss's body

gRpjfOu.jpg

His solution was much more entertaining though.

I think the Metal Gear Solid story, or at least, the parts pertaining to Big Boss, would make a lot more sense and be a lot easier to understand if we got a taste of what the general public thinks about Big Boss. All through the story, we're told that he's so important as a symbol, as a legendary hero, but...that's it. We're only told that. So it makes it all seem very obtuse and abstract and it's hard to really understand the importance of this legendary soldier. Like, there are no conceivable places in the game that we could have had the general public's point of view presented to us, but I feel like it would have helped so much.

Also, this
EVA
exposition is some serious stuff. It does a pretty decent job explaining the past.

Closest we would have ever gotten to public reactions in MGS were the scenes cut from MGS2 where the news was reporting on arsenal crashing into New York.

Sadly I don't think they will ever be released. (They were finished but cut due to 9/11)

Drew definitely isn't frustrated at this section compared to some MGS3/MGS2 sections

It almost seemed like he was enjoying the section, to be honest. I think he's been enjoying MGS4 a lot more on the whole because A) it has modern controls and B) Dan hasn't really had to be coy or prod him in the right direction, so he feels less like he's being watched and judged on every move and more like he can just play the game. That doesn't account for commenters, though.

And as for that section...this whole game is just broken up weirdly. I understand where Kojima wanted to go with the acts and all, but each Act has its own distinct gameplay, and while they take a while, when you look back and think back on them, they feel so short. Like, Act 2 seems like a flash in the pan, and that was probably the most metal gear solid-y this game gets, iirc.

It's just so WEIRD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom