• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure the only companies that advertise on podcasts are.

Loot crate
Square Space
Audible
Stamps DOT com
Shitty streaming services not called Netflix or Hulu

I've started hearing Mazda ad reads(not really commercials) on a podcast I listen to and it kind of weirded me out. Wait, bigger companies are starting to creep into this?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bought a mattress from the internet. It came in a giant duffle bag and when you cut it open, it sort of aired itself out.

It was rad as hell.

popo

I only heard that one on the bombcast.

What a dumb idea. Who is going to buy a mattress from the internet?

You do it like buying electronics. Try them all out in the showroom and then order it for half the price online.

I only heard that one on the bombcast.

What a dumb idea. Who is going to buy a mattress from the internet?

Austin bought a Leesa - so it works on at least one person.

I bought a mattress from the internet. It came in a giant duffle bag and when you cut it open, it sort of aired itself out.

It was rad as hell.

yeah I got one of them. Never worry about dodgy springs again! Was a bit weird for a week, apparently they take a whole 7 days to get at uncompressed as they are going to get. all good now though.

Week of Metal Gear awww yeah. Need something to help hold me over till PP drops. I'm getting too impatient.

Man I forgot chapter 3 lol. Thank god I tranq'd Laughing Octopus and got her face camo. Made this go from annoying to trivial.

the weird thing is that it's apparently actually pretty good but I avoided watching it because it was a podcast commercial

I am 100% serious

It's a really bizarre movie to have a podcast commercial, it's a really slow character focused movie that has like 3 actual characters in it, not exactly a movie with incredibly wide appeal. At least the film is actually fantastic.

It's a foam mattress, so that would be very weird, indeed!

I never said it would make sense!

Megasoum

Banned
See? No need to die in a fire anymore!

2015-08-1013-33-37_tusoxmt.png

i kinda have no choice if im on the web at the office. ads flashing and moving and shit are a great way to catch the attention of the wrong people walking by.

I also had to use it to disable avatars when i was banned because having the left side of my page full anime fuckery wasn't the way i wanted to go down

Hey Dan... this series works well for those of us who don't know the MSG story, so please don't put spoilers at the end of these things. I saw you start to whisper something about Ocelot so I had to cut out, but I think it would be nice to just mention this stuff to everybody once Drew finds out.

Also, the end of the latest MGScanlon is maybe the best moment of the series so far. The story finally came together in a way that makes sense.

neshcom

Banned
isn't there a line at the end of mgs2 after the credits that says the patriots have been dead for 100 years?

Wasn't that the Philosophers?
quick edit: Nope, you were right. But it was probably false info. From MGS Wiki:
Snake deduced that the information retrieved from the Arsenal Gear was false; it was only a fake lead orchestrated by the Patriots. The names they discovered was most likely the names of the original Wisemen's Committee that founded the Philosophers.

That would require a level of user investment in the site that most sites do not have. GB has it, but I doubt Gamespot could do the same.

Not necessarily, but in the niche of video game enthusiast website, you're not wrong. Like The Times can pull this shit off, but Gamespot or whoever will never be that big or respected a brand.

Ketch

Wasn't that the Philosophers?
quick edit: Nope, you were right. But it was probably false info. From MGS Wiki:

damn this is some actual detective work.

I am super pumped for 5, and I'm really happy dan/drew have played through the first 4 so I don't have to! it's very nice.

here's my prediction: The actual Kojima twist in 5 is gonna be that Hideo has been yakuza in real life the whole time, actually owns konami and the mob, and is using metal gear as 1. his personal outlet to tell his life story and 2. a front to mine bit coins from ps3s and 4s.

question for Dan if you're reading this: Do you think the big exposition/reveal cutscene in this latest episode of MGScanlon was known or planned from the beginning? or are they just retconning and conveniently tying everything together?

popo

Not necessarily, but in the niche of video game enthusiast website, you're not wrong. Like The Times can pull this shit off, but Gamespot or whoever will never be that big or respected a brand.

Even with big companies it is a gamble. I read a paper comparing Mail Online and The Sun Online. Both tabloid rags, only the former went all ad supported and targeted a larger international audience for their filth and The Sun who followed Murdoch's paywall system.

The bottom line being that Mail is making bank and The Sun has lost millions.

Alright I just beat Psycho Mantis (disclaimer: on easy)

how did drew never figure out that you can use therms to see him when he moves and you can just go prone to avoid all the thrown stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom