• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we will have to wait until the night of Tuesday to Wednesday for the cool end-of-act-3 cutscene.

2772420-mgs0410.jpg

2772405-mgs0411.jpg

2772406-mgs0412.jpg

So,

Snake and Liquid are clones of BB...but they also inherited traits from a japanese woman who was an assistant to Dr Clark?

At that point their just BB's children as they're both made up from the genetic information of two different people.

Kojima doesnt know how the fuck cloning works

Theyre not his children though. Theyre genetic copies. And like clones, atleast the cloned animals that have had news stories, you still need to implant it into a surrogate. And they actually didnt inherit genes from a japanese woman. Raven says the blood of the east flows through him, its a metaphor not meant to be taken at face value. All it means is that the egg from Clarks assistant and the genetic data from BB was implanted into EVA who served as the surrogate mother.

The Patriots being
Snake Eater support team
is cool in theory but there is almost no build up to it, thought it makes interesting stuff for the Big Boss games. I bet you that Phantom Pain will reveal something like that Paz is
Zero
daughter just to make sense why he went nuts with the Patriots AI BS because otherwise truly feels shoehorned.

popo

So who is "playing" rapture for the site? Austin/Vinny would be a good fit. Comments section should be fun with the "it isn't a game" crowd.

I was interested but I just finished a walking simulator
the order

Any weird particular controls on that version? Because leaning with the rear touchpad on the Vita is probably the biggest go fuck yourself I have ever witnessed in terms of controls.

well it only has one pseudo-analogue stick, that's the big one

I think it uses motion controls a little but I've never actually played it, it just looked rough as hell

Could never get far into MGS3 on Vita.

The screen is just too small for a game like that where spotting enemies in the distance plays a big part.

The 3DS version must be a nightmare.

Jintor

I have such fond memories of Mattimeo and The Legend of Luke and Martin the Warrior... there's so many I never read. I wonder if they hold up? I thought they were great when I read them 15+ years ago.

the only bits that hold up are the incredible descriptions of vegetarian food

jgminto

Austin's review is real good but I haven't found Galak-Z super difficult so far. I'm in the middle of the third season and I've probably died about 3 times. The combat does require a lot of focus though and it's extremely satisfying when you can defeat tougher groups of ships and mechs.

Xater

Eh, there's only like two or three of those. Most are really positive.

I hope so. I rarely check the comments. I think this is a pretty great review by Austin. Further proving that he is a fantastic addition to the crew. I probably have an intelectual man crush on him...

This is a damn good review, I think I've enjoyed every piece that Austin has put out, both on the site and before. Now I just need that Galak-Z PC release to hurry up.

jambo

Eh, there's only like two or three of those. Most are really positive. You will always have some of JUST TALK ABOUT THE GAME people when it comes to reviews.

My issue is more with people being anti intellectual.

He's not showing off that he has a degree, he's getting joy from writing.

Myggen

My issue is more with people being anti intellectual.

He's not showing off that he has a degree, he's getting joy from writing.

Yeah, sure. But that's just that one guy though, what he's quoting isn't referring to something like that and is more about "tell me about the game!". So it's one comment. My issue comes from your "those comments..." quote, since that implies there's several of those. Not that there's not a problem with comments on GB in general though.

jambo

Yeah, sure. But that's just that one guy though, what he's quoting isn't referring to something like that and is more about "tell me about the game!". So it's one comment. My issue comes from your "those comments..." quote, since that implies there's several of those. Not that there's not a problem with comments on GB in general though.

Sorry I mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom