• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
My issue is more with people being anti intellectual.

He's not showing off that he has a degree, he's getting joy from writing.

Yeah the best thing about Austin's writing is he's so obviously just super enthused about things. Even when he's being critical or deconstructing something he's like really sincerely interesting in understanding it. He just comes at things with such a lovely attitude.

I like his non-GB podcast Friends at the Table where he's DM-ing a campaign set in this Anime Space Noir world. It's Peak Austin and it's great.

MGS4 ep 9 was great. Drew did pretty well.

Yeah he's pretty good at getting quick kills when he needs them. Essentially, if he can get through a scenario by taking out guys from afar, he does great. It's the times where he has to use CQC or constantly move to avoid enemy fire that he really struggles.

TraBuch

Banned
I wish Jeff didn't answer that last question on tumblr. Now I'm gonna be eagerly waiting for them to commentate over Konami's 2010 conference and will be disappointed when it never happens.

Bacon

I wish Jeff didn't answer that last question on tumblr. Now I'm gonna be eagerly waiting for them to commentate over Konami's 2010 conference and will be disappointed when it never happens.

That's actually a really cool idea. It would be interesting to hear the guys stories about what they were thinking at the time and their thoughts on how things ended up.

popo

Gamespot is paying too much if Danny can afford to pay hotel bar prices. 5 euros for a fookin pint? You changed man.

Myggen

You're in Norway? My friend and I are planning to visit Tromso eventually. The plan is to arrive there before the last sunset of the year and leave after the first sunrise.

Yeah, and that sounds like a great idea. Tromsø in the winter is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

You're in Norway? My friend and I are planning to visit Tromso eventually. The plan is to arrive there before the last sunset of the year and leave after the first sunrise.

o_O how long is that? Myggen do you live in perpetual darkness for like, months of a year? Is Norway really the vampire land?

o_O how long is that? Myggen do you live in perpetual darkness for like, months of a year? Is Norway really the vampire land?

About a month, from mid-december to mid-january. We'll get to spend Christmas and the New Year there.

I cannot wait. It's still some years off though. I don't have money.

backtracking is a bad thing in video games and i hate it.

I already decided I wasn't gonna play MGS2 at all because of it and this part of MGS1 is a nightmare with backtracking

daydream

Banned
wrote up a long-ish post on this and discarded it but i still feel the need to say that austin's review is very disappointing. he obviously didn't think through any of his points or felt the need to structure them coherently

Myggen

Pictures depict it as a fairy tail. It's beautiful.

Do you know if there are many people there who speak either English or French ?

Everyone in Norway speaks English, so no worries there.

In addition to what AuthenticM mentioned, that's only in the north of Norway. In the south where I live don't get any of that. "Winter depression" is a very real thing for people who live way up north here, especially people who move from the south to the north: Some people just can't handle how dark it gets in that period, and have very real reactions to living there for longer periods.

popo

Here in Norway a pint costs the equivalent of 10 euros.

Well that is a nanny state for you :D

A nice bottle of wine would go great with this herring. Lets all go down to the Vinmonopol! oh fuck, it is after 3pm on a Saturday. So much for the weekend.

Brakke

Banned
wrote up a long-ish post on this and discarded it but i still feel the need to say that austin's review is very disappointing. he obviously didn't think through any of his points or felt the need to structure them coherently

🔥💣🔥💣🔥

About a month, from mid-december to mid-january. We'll get to spend Christmas and the New Year there.

I cannot wait. It's still some years off though. I don't have money.

In addition to what AuthenticM mentioned, that's only in the north of Norway. In the south where I live don't get any of that. "Winter depression" is a very real thing for people who live way up north here, especially people who move from the south to the north: Some people just can't handle how dark it gets in that period, and have very real reactions to living there for longer periods.

Huh. Interesting. Winter depression @_@

Myggen

The parts about nostalgia you have a problem with?

Well that is a nanny state for you :D

A nice bottle of wine would go great with this herring. Lets all go down to the Vinmonopol! oh fuck, it is after 3pm on a Saturday. So much for the weekend.

It's 6pm on Saturdays, but point well taken. It has driven Norwegians to drink a lot in a short time to avoid having to buy drinks when going out because it's so damn expensive, which can't be very healthy.

daydream

Banned
The parts about nostalgia you have a problem with?

yeah, that's a big part of it. i hate to leave it at that but a message board is too cumbersome a platform to go into detail. obviously austin is capable of writing a much more respectable piece but i also understand that, at some point, it's kinda not worth the effort, considering where it'll end up

NvcdRrS.png

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

LiK

LOL, got up to the part where even Vinny got fed up with comments from chat. Austin closed that laptop asap. XD

popo

The most recent VinnyVania might be the most grueling so far. I'm talking GameCenter CX-style brutal. lol

The boss rush one? Episode before that was way more brutal. Almost no forward progress until the end and Vinny was almost broken. End of ep spoilers
Chat totally tells him how to cheese the boss at the end of this ep too.

LiK

The boss rush one? Episode before that was way more brutal. Almost no forward progress until the end and Vinny was almost broken. End of ep spoilers
Chat totally tells him how to cheese the boss at the end of this ep too.

Equally brutal, I can see Alex almost cracking in both eps lol

The SNES game is gonna be such a relief.

I'm not caught up yet but how did Dan feel about Act III's weird city stealth rubbish?

\In addition to what AuthenticM mentioned, that's only in the north of Norway. In the south where I live don't get any of that. "Winter depression" is a very real thing for people who live way up north here, especially people who move from the south to the north: Some people just can't handle how dark it gets in that period, and have very real reactions to living there for longer periods.

you have to help your mind and your skins

So I finished the Bloody Baron questline in Witcher 3...

Am I a complete fucking monster for causing Anna's and the Baron's death or is the other path equally brutal?

So I finished the Bloody Baron questline in Witcher 3...

Am I a complete fucking monster for causing Anna's and the Baron's death or is the other path equally brutal?

spoilers for bloody baron quest:

the other path involves ends with the baron taking his wife to the mountains to find a medicine man to cure her. it also ends up with the crones eating all those children, so...

im going to find hideo kojima and im going to make him fight me on top of a metal gear using shitty controls

fuck you kojima

AND JUST WHEN HE THINKS HE BEATS ME IM GOING TO HEAL A LITTLE BIT FOR NO REASON

Everyone in Norway speaks English, so no worries there.

I knew that English speaking was prevalent in scandinavian countries but I was surprised when several scandinavian callers called into to one of Giant Bomb's call in shows with an accent that was almost indistinguishable from a normal American accent. Then I saw a speedrunner from Denmark, the same thing. He actually had to keep telling people he wasn't American.

WHAT'S WRONG.

*Health goes up*

YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIIIIIIME

*Health goes up*

*charges at you with a spear attack that has a hitbox twice the size of my model*

wow this is GOOD im having FUN what a GREAT WAY to close out my time with this game

hahaha i just depleted his lifebar completely and then he turned around and killed me while his lifebar was empty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom