• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
and drew didn't pick up the ipod music

granted it got less egregious because he spent a lot of the fight inside in the second half but maaaaan

I am so damn triggered like you would not believe

check the shop

stinger

and when she's cooling down she landed somewhere

TRIGGERED

I'm kidding dan you guys did great but seriously buy the damn stinger

To be fair, the metal gear solid MO up to this point is pretty much hey, here's an item. You're going to have to fight a boss with this, so just keep that in mind. So I wouldn't really think to check the shop for the stinger.

Mature

I don't think I ever used the Stinger for the Raven fight, actually. In a lethal run, I would just chip her down with the M4, then use the DSR when she's cooling down.

Edit: It's probably a lot quicker though. I'll try that next time.

I don't think I ever used the Stinger for the Raven fight, actually. In a lethal run, I would just chip her down with the M4, then use the DSR when she's cooling down.

Edit: It's probably a lot quicker though. I'll try that next time.

Actually, if you're doing a lethal run or non-lethal, does the Beast phase of the fight even count towards that tally?

I have it in my head that killing the Beast is fine, but in the Beauty phase that's when you'd stun her if you wanted to go for no-kills. Am I mixing this up?

Zocano

You know I would say maybe the next fight would be fun but of the like 6 times I've fought that boss, I've spent 6 hours under a truck
1 hour for each run.

Honestly I thought that read more like an article than a review. I just wanted to see what the game was like, not read through a load of Austin's thoughts on other stuff. I'm not saying there isn't a place for it, but I don't think a review is that place.

hamchan

Honestly I thought that read more like an article than a review. I just wanted to see what the game was like, not read through a load of Austin's thoughts on other stuff. I'm not saying there isn't a place for it, but I don't think a review is that place.

There's like a billion other reviews that just tell you what the game is though.

There's like a billion other reviews that just tell you what the game is though.

Yes there are, and unfortunately if I see Austin is reviewing a game now I'll probably go read one of those reviews instead of GB content which I tended to prefer. I just think a review is supposed to be a helpful piece explaining the game. He could have easily put all the extra stuff in a separate article that complimented his review.

I'm watching an old Demo Derby and Dan's reaction to Rasta Jeff is amazing.

"Who is Jah? Like Tony Jaa?"

"C'mon, bro. This is the most un-irie thing I've ever heard"

"I don't know any California slang."

El_Funko

Neo Member
Desperately hoping that some good Destiny news breaks in time to spice up the Bombcast

It's too early in the year for another everyone vs Brad Destiny discussion.

After 370 hours in Destiny, I feel qualified to yell at Brad during the podcast when he tries to make outlandish statements about Destiny. Especially when he tries the "y'all just ain't played enough for these here Destiny talkins" tact.

There's maybe 3-4 lines tops where Dinklage's Ghost could be considered anything above deadpan, let alone whimsical.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

After 370 hours in Destiny, I feel qualified to yell at Brad during the podcast when he tries to make outlandish statements about Destiny. Especially when he tries the "y'all just ain't played enough for these here Destiny talkins" tact.

There's maybe 3-4 lines tops where Dinklage's Ghost could be considered anything above deadpan, let alone whimsical.

You don't get it man, his deadpan delivery shows his whimsical worldview.

Jothel

So I went to see the new Mission Impossible film earlier and there's a real weird Halo 5 product placement bit in it...
The Simon Pegg character is playing a game at his desk briefly, shows some pretty generic footage of it, he sees a senior coming so shuts it off and chucks the box in his desk. It lingers on the box for a few seconds too, real weird.

repeater

It doesn't have to be "this game rules" vs "this game sucks". We've had several great Destiny segments this year already due to DLC shenanigans, Red Bull promotions, Peter Dinklage getting John Connored, etc. YMMV, of course, but I always find the Bombcast discussions of everything Destiny-related interesting and fun for some reason. It's just the game that keeps on giving
podcast material

Megasoum

Banned
So I went to see the new Mission Impossible film earlier and there's a real weird Halo 5 product placement bit in it...
The Simon Pegg character is playing a game at his desk briefly, shows some pretty generic footage of it, he sees a senior coming so shuts it off and chucks the box in his desk. It lingers on the box for a few seconds too, real weird.

Yeah there's a ton of Microsoft product placement in that movie.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yep, all the tablets are Surface tablets as well I think. When it's that obvious that almost all the shit you use is from one company it really bothers me.

What, is it that unbelievable that the surface would feature heavily in everyday life?

Austin really needs to get off this kick of giving no mention to the fact that Go Set A Watchman is not a sequel in any way and was never supposed to be released. It's kinda infuriating for someone who wants to write intellectual play totally ignorant to an actual woman's exploitation so they can keep rattling on about a fictional man's morality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom