• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve's banned again D:

he either got banned for DOTA, rambling about GMOs, or complaining about a 10-year necrobump

I'm not sure which one of these possibilities is funnier

e: it was the GMOs, lol

and trying to argue with bish in a thread about black lives

steve, steve, steve...

rbanke

In case anyone cares deserter stimulator that they were playing on UPF came out on IOS & android. It's pretty shitty though crashes a lot and has full screen ads with countdown timers before you can X out.

should I get sushi for dinner

You dishonor Sushi-X with your question.

fa148eb466f32fe1ffff812ea00140f.JPG

justjim89

The whole voyeuristic creepiness of how the BnB units are shot once defeated is just fucking gross. Especially considering Kojima only hired them cause he liked the models so much. My reaction was exactly like Drew's.

tumblr_inline_nswnkjmU3k1r76lqg_540.png

Just pathetic. Maybe MGS will be better off without Kojima running things.

The B&B stuff has always been hilarious to me, thankfully it's probably the most extreme instance of fan service in the series, though it's looking like Quiet has come from the exact same situation. Regardless, I'll take creepy B&B Kojima over vagina bomb Kojima.

justjim89

The B&B stuff has always been hilarious to me, thankfully it's probably the most extreme instance of fan service in the series, though it's looking like Quiet has come from the exact same situation. Regardless, I'll take creepy B&B Kojima over vagina bomb Kojima.

I mean, vagina bomb Kojima is just BnB Kojima parlaying his objectification into an attempt to play it off as serious.

There's no saving the series from Kojima, since the series IS Kojima (thoughI agree regarding MGS4 vs. GZ and its treatment of women).

I'm almost 100% certain I'm done with the series after 5. I fully expect Silent Hill-style pachinko machines, or F2P mobile games vs. another stand-alone console game.

I mean, vagina bomb Kojima is just BnB Kojima parlaying his objectification into an attempt to play it off as serious.
Sure I just find it easier to shrug off B&B Kojima because it's so stupid that the hilarity outweighs how gross it is. In Ground Zeros it's Kojima treating a disgusting act as nothing more than an example of how bad his villain is while still wanting to be taken seriously.

I also hated EVA constantly writhing around naked or with her boobs hanging out in 3 more because important things actually happened in her cutscenes whereas you can just skip the Beaties stuff because you won't miss a thing. Still, the BnBs are way more problematic because they're not even given personalities other than being hot.

Austin really needs to get off this kick of giving no mention to the fact that Go Set A Watchman is not a sequel in any way and was never supposed to be released. It's kinda infuriating for someone who wants to write intellectual play totally ignorant to an actual woman's exploitation so they can keep rattling on about a fictional man's morality.

What sort of academic would he be if he let things like facts and context get in the way of his argument?

Anjin M

I feel like this is a new thing. Austin does it on every article he writes too. I don't know, it's weird.

Looking back over that podcast feed, they switched to that style during E3. Prior to that, the headers focus more on the interview subject with the occasional "I" or "We" thrown in. Since there is no author for the podcast, I have no idea who would be on those older casts anymore.

QaaQer

He brings a ton to the team. He's still a bit awkward at times with trying to decide about how much to talk, but that's to be expected and he's transitioned remarkably smoothly.

for sure.

i just wish that whenever a point comes up that might be just a tiny bit intellectual and/or nuanced, the other guys wouldn't jump in with their humour and stop the train of thought, esp that one guy that sounds like a morning radio personality.

FStop7

Banned
Can you imagine being incapable of dressing yourself post the age of 30?

And I'm not talking about due to having a disability. I am talking about being a fully grown, fully sentient, fully ambulatory, 30+ year old person in a first world country.

Bacon

And I'm not talking about due to having a disability. I am talking about being a fully grown, fully sentient, fully ambulatory, 30+ year old person in a first world country.

What?

Tell us how you really feel about Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom