• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
not up on premium. Might as well not even exist.

just pull the whole cast rudds, don't let these heathens have what they dont deserve

edit: oh god they talk about sakura clicker
6ADLV4r.jpg

Xater

Xater is a no nonsense guy eh?

Yo man, I am serious when it comes to my demo time at cons. Gotta try and see as much as possible. I was pretty happy with only dying once during this Dark Souls 3 demo.

I also have pictures with most of these people. Did we mention that Max Scoville totally showed up to our NeoGAF meetup? Super nice guy. Dave Lang eluded us again this year. We only heard a story about him from Johnny.

Free podcast getting uploaded before premium always seems backwards
zWVbK.gif

i agree.

I don't know the logistics behind why that happens but surely you'd think they would at the very least hit the feeds at the same time. That i now will likely hear the regular version on my way back home instead of the premium ad-free cast is kind of a bummer.

mattp

you guys are weird
there's like 4 minutes total of stuff added to the free version of the podcast
just hit the "skip 30 seconds" a couple times on your audio player and move on

Oh, just take my attention off the road to hit the skip button? Just jump the curb and barrel through that public park? JUST listen to the regular Bombcast and COMMIT MANSLAUGHTER??

You disgust me.

Volcynika

Yo man, I am serious when it comes to my demo time at cons. Gotta try and see as much as possible. I was pretty happy with only dying once during this Dark Souls 3 demo.

I also have pictures with most of these people. Did we mention that Max Scoville totally showed up to our NeoGAF meetup? Super nice guy. Dave Lang eluded us again this year. We only heard a story about him from Johnny.

I saw Dave Lang at EVO last month. Guy's a giant (didn't know how tall he was till I saw in person).

scaffa

Would have been cool if Dave Lang showed up at the meeting. Tried to meet him the following day to show my game but he didnt have the time sadly. Next time!

Hopefully GB decides someday to go to Gamescom, that would be super cool. But yeah I can totally understand that such a trip for them is not 100% worth it.

Cool pics Dutch! :)

So here's a thing - why are the bosses in MGS3 and 4 themed? The MGS bosses, 4 people part of the same unit, yeah, that's a tradition started in MGS1, but in MGS1 the only thing the members of Foxhound had in common was their naming convention. You had an elite sniper, a meathead with a chaingun, a crafty revolver user, the weirdo psychic... they didn't really have any overt trends linking them together as to why they are the way they are. MGS2's bosses didn't either, really, although the nature of Dead Cell is a bit weirder due to what that game is about.

B&B Corps in MGS4 just feel like something thrown together because "shit we need bosses, this is Metal Gear". I really, really hope that if MGSV has bosses, they're conceptualised independently of one another, because another group of dudes channelling a specific emotion or whatever will get old very quickly.

Flandy

I need something to watch while I wait for tonights episode of MGS. I've haven't really been following the guys much these past couple of months. Anything good free or premium?

Brad I know you kind of read the thread sometimes you should seriously consider giving the League Worlds a watch. See how the other half lives.

It won't be as big as in Seoul last year...

but the European crowd this year should be a lot of fun.

So Dan's watching Star Trek The Next Generation? I watched the series from beginning to end a few years ago, some really great characters on that show. I'm not with the skip season one crowd. Yes, it's the weakest but there are at least some episodes that should be watched because they either introduce returning characters or storylines. If you're watching the entire series, what's one bad season? And you get to witness the effect of what must have been a huge budget increase on a sci-fi tv show.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the Rapture quicklook... Man... I feel like this is the kind of game that a school teacher could use as an example on how bad game design can get... This is fucking terrible.

Myggen

Man GB has been putting out a lot of content lately. Going away until Sunday now, and the backlog is gonna be huge. Feels good.

I'm torn about the Rapture game. Like, in concept it looks cool, but in execution it...failed? That other game that looks like it, the uh...what's that game where people wear the masks coming out? Takes place in England too? Now that game looks interesting.

def sim

I'm playing through Rapture right now and I'm having a difficult time keeping interested. The world is more open ended than Dear Esther, the walk speed is slower even with the "run" button, the story elements are relatively far and few in between. The game doesn't run or look well enough to explore either.

I actually wish it were more linear; it often gets boring as it is.

Jintor

i've been thinking about this more and more and dan's repeated use of the words 'normal guy [x]' is really beginning to bother me for at least 2 reasons:

a) it's a repeated microaggressive contribution to systemic 'othering' of differing choices in regards to pretty much anything

b) dan is a goddamn crazy person who cannot with any sense of genuineness gain access to any claim of normality

jgminto

I haven't seen Rapture yet but Dear Esther always seemed like the worst example of the genre. It can't JUST be walking through a linear path with little interaction. Exploring the details of the environment was what made Gone Home so great. If you just walked through the house while audio played it would have been so much worse. When the draw of your game is specifically the world you're exploring and the stories that inhabit it, then the world needs to feel grounded, lived in, not like you stumbled onto a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom