• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap it's taking Drew forever to take Raven down. I just played through the game and used the same strategy on her (m60 all day) but it didn't take me nearly as long. Weird.

edit: I wonder if it's because I had the laser sight so my shots were more accurate?

Myggen

i've been thinking about this more and more and dan's repeated use of the words 'normal guy [x]' is really beginning to bother me for at least 2 reasons:

a) it's a repeated microaggressive contribution to systemic 'othering' of differing choices in regards to pretty much anything

b) dan is a goddamn crazy person who cannot with any sense of genuineness gain access to any claim of normality

I've always taken that more as a figure of speech. Dan is very much aware that he's a crazy person in many ways, the "normal cool guy" stuff has always been either humorous or a way for him to say that he doesn't like a thing.

Jintor

I've always taken that more as a figure of speech. Dan is very much aware that he's a crazy person in many ways, the "normal cool guy" stuff has always been either humorous or a way for him to say that he doesn't like a thing.

why dan no just say he don't like thing. why must couch in dumb terms of dumb. i no like dan thing. dan pls stop

Tubobutts

I kind of feel like a live audience will take away from the crushing, overwhelming despair intrinsic to the Mario Party Party experience.

i've been thinking about this more and more and dan's repeated use of the words 'normal guy [x]' is really beginning to bother me for at least 2 reasons:

a) it's a repeated microaggressive contribution to systemic 'othering' of differing choices in regards to pretty much anything

b) dan is a goddamn crazy person who cannot with any sense of genuineness gain access to any claim of normality

Those aren't normal guy words! Speak like a normal guy!

Flandy

Oh shit

(bottom to top)

QK5zuge.png

Holy shit. This sounds like a horrible idea. Can't wait! :lol :lol :lol

What did they do to Shadow Complex? I don't have time to listen for 3 hours. (they should really timestamp everything). Do it like 8-4 Play does.
They talk about about if they feel that it holds up and whether the emulation on the xb1 feels right. It's not a whole lot.

Oh, they also talk about a QLEX they did for it and how it all went terribly wrong

Myggen

They talk about about if they feel that it holds up and whether the emulation on the xb1 feels right. It's not a whole lot.

No no, the story people are referring to is Brad's story about the QL EX. Basically they had the dev in to record a 20+ minutes video, but the video recording went bad so they couldn't use any of the footage. So Brad went back and listened to the audio over and over and over again and tried to play the exact same parts in the same way the dev did, he even talked about throwing grenades at a boss and using the same tactic. Drew then had to edit it together. It's literally footage of a Brad playing that section a bunch of different times edited together to look like it's that dev playing, and no one noticed. They did this because without the dev commentary they would've had to wait a week to release a video due to embargo.

Brad talked about how you could notice that it wasn't a single playthrough by looking at the ammo count or something.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm cleaning up my games shelves tonight and it just hit me that I suddenly don't have anything that plays PS2 games anymore... I got rid of my old PS2 a long time ago and my OG Fat PS3 died last year (I replaced it with one of the George Foreman grill model)....

Damn that's sad... I guess all those games are going into storage.

popo

I think Dan genuinely believed that "money laundering" was talking marked bills and washing them. I think it might well have been his "phoenix down" moment.

What did they do to Shadow Complex? I don't have time to listen for 3 hours. (they should really timestamp everything). Do it like 8-4 Play does.

The filmed a QL EX but the video was garbage so Brad painstaking recreated the gameplay footage by playing the game and synced the EX audio to it.

Would imagine it's the normal four guys. GBEast talked about recording a live Beastcast at PAX too.

I kinda hope they rope Vinny in. That might actually make it watchable. That and there is the small chance that mild mannered Vinny could snap and rip Dan's face off live on camera.

Just finished the "Possession" quest in The Witcher 3 and holy shit

[throw the baby in the oven.]

why don't they explain how that was pulled off?!

Also, Mario Party Party 5 should be awesome, since i am firmly on team mario party 5. it's not only the best mario party, but a good game.

Megasoum

Banned
I suddenly feel the urge to put stuff on my walls in my appartement (I have absolutely nothing right now).... It's really annoying that Olly Moss' stuff is so limited cause those Star Wars trilogy posters are fucking amazing.

ArjanN

I kind of feel like a live audience will take away from the crushing, overwhelming despair intrinsic to the Mario Party Party experience.

Same. I mean,sure, it's probably terrible in a different way, but I kind of feel with an audience there's too much distraction from the horror that is Mario Party.

The whole fun for me of MPP is when they get about halfway and are out of stuff to talk about and then realize they're stuck in a room for another couple of hours playing an unfun completely random game that only requires about 10% of your attention.

santeesioux

I suddenly feel the urge to put stuff on my walls in my appartement (I have absolutely nothing right now).... It's really annoying that Olly Moss' stuff is so limited cause those Star Wars trilogy posters are fucking amazing.

Put some framed sports jerseys up there, that's what cool guys do.

Megasoum

Banned
He even said on twitter that he doesn't mind people who reprint his stuff... I would just need to find super high res version of the image and then a copy center who's shady enough to print them for me lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom