• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kees-

Will there be counselors on hand at the live Mario Party Party to handle the overwhelming despair and sadness that will descend upon the audience? I just see a shot at the end that's just them on stage in front of a mostly empty room and the few people left all have thousand yard stares.

How did you interpret the white door in Super Mario Bros 2?

This thing...

myPlPRf.png

Did you see it as a simple flat rectangular door with light streaming in it...

or

Is the entire white/grey thing as one whole structure - with the bright white bit the entrance

Jintor

It's gonna suck. People are all psyched about how it's going to be a good playing game but who gives a shit about that when it comes to Metal Gear.

My main thought when I was playing gz was that it felt like a really good splinter cell game but it sure as fuck didn't feel like metal gear

My main thought when I was playing gz was that it felt like a really good splinter cell game but it sure as fuck didn't feel like metal gear

TPP does seem to have more Metal Gear wackyness and Metal Gear high school level philosophy though so its a improvement over Ground Zeros grim dark tone.

But yeah... I got a lot of questions about exactly how much story and snake talking will be in that game.

Great job, Dan on basically revealing
that Ocelot is still Ocelot
to Drew. Guy cannot contain himself.

Eh, that was such a small thing that you're not going to notice it unless you know what to look for.

Pretty good attention to detail that Ocelot takes Snake's gun that isn't a part of the system.

Ok MGS4 end game story spoilers. I need clarification.

So this Ocelot / Liquid stuff... just to clear it up in my head.

Liquid still controlled him during the events of MGS2 though right?

Then after that Ocelot cut the arm off and got a new one but then brainwashed himself to be Liquid again for reasons?

Or was the entire Ocelot / Liquid arm stuff all just really the hypnosis?

jgminto

Ok MGS4 end game story spoilers. I need clarification.

So this Ocelot / Liquid stuff... just to clear it up in my head.

Liquid still controlled him during the events of MGS2 though right?

Then after that Ocelot cut the arm off and got a new one but then brainwashed himself to be Liquid again for reasons?

Or was the entire Ocelot / Liquid arm stuff all just really the hypnosis?

The second one.

Feels weird to get home from campus after en episode of MGScanlon comes out. I'm exhausted but I really want to watch Drew experience the best cutscene in Metal Gear history.

Maaan, I didn't think Metal Gear Scanlon 4 would go this far already!

A good chunk into Act IV!

But darn, it brings back my salt over MGS4 using the Twin Snakes audio instead of the PS1 audio. What was that stuff about the raw audio they had having ambient noise like traffic outside or some nonsense like that? Just use the audio right out of the game disc then, that sounded fine! Blah whatever. Drew's reactions and Dan's memories are great. Sad that in Dan's first ever run he missed the MGS1 end song when he got to the Heliport.

Yeah, i think MGS4 so far is the MGS game Drew is able to immerse himself into the most. Dan's being a cavalier providing mission support, but not too much like in the past. It's really great to see.

So, tomorrow night is Episode 12. I assume (since Dan wants it to end on the one year anniversary of the beginning of Metal Gear Scanlon) that episodes 13 and 14 will be next Tuesday/Thursday OR MGS4 is wrapped up next Tuesday and on the next Thursday (the one year anniversary) they will do a one off Ground Zeroes episode. Not that it means anything, but MGS 2 and MGS 3 all finished at Episode 13. Personally, I'd love to see Ground Zeroes be played. It'd only be like, what, an hour or so?

So, tomorrow night is Episode 12. I assume (since Dan wants it to end on the one year anniversary of the beginning of Metal Gear Scanlon) that episodes 13 and 14 will be next Tuesday/Thursday OR MGS4 is wrapped up next Tuesday and on the next Thursday (the one year anniversary) they will do a one off Ground Zeroes episode.

Which Drew will understand none of, because he hasn't played Peace Walker.

Bsigg12

So, tomorrow night is Episode 12. I assume (since Dan wants it to end on the one year anniversary of the beginning of Metal Gear Scanlon) that episodes 13 and 14 will be next Tuesday/Thursday OR MGS4 is wrapped up next Tuesday and on the next Thursday (the one year anniversary) they will do a one off Ground Zeroes episode. Not that it means anything, but MGS 2 and MGS 3 all finished at Episode 13. Personally, I'd love to see Ground Zeroes be played. It'd only be like, what, an hour or so?

Well in the Bombcast they did say it was Metal Gear Scanlon week with a new video each day. We got 12 tomorrow and presumably 13 and 14 on Thursday and Friday respectively.

Act 4 is one of the five-ish parts I was looking forward to the most in all of Metal Gear Scanlon. :)
The other parts being
Act 1, Act 2, Act 3 and Act 5
?
Peace Walker is a great game and they have zero reason to skip it because they're not doing a release day Scanlon of V.
The big problem with Peace Walker is that if you just play through the game to the credits you still don't know shit about what's going on in GZ. And getting through to the true ending is something I don't see Dan and Drew doing.

There are some cool things in that game for sure, and I really liked how it played. Meeting
Huey
was great.

Well in the Bombcast they did say it was Metal Gear Scanlon week with a new video each day. We got 12 tomorrow and presumably 13 and 14 on Thursday and Friday respectively.

I think we're getting 12 and 13 this week for a total of five episodes. Then they'll hopefully wrap the game up with 14 and 15 next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom