• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Regarding those little unmanned Seraph bots who follow a path even simpler than MGS1's guards:

Dan: "These things don't seem too bright."

Drew still gets caught by them. lol

He had a clear shot to the objective when he finally left the grate but decided to wonder around and it sounded like he didn't know where to go but then got caught before voicing it.

People are mad at Dan fawning over ocelot in the beginning of this video?

The dudes introduced as liquid ocelot for crying out loud. Nothing he said was spoilery at all.

Zomba13

People are mad at Dan fawning over ocelot in the beginning of this video?

The dudes introduced as liquid ocelot for crying out loud. Nothing he said was spoilery at all.

I'm confused too. He could be called both Liquid and Ocelot at this point and both would be fine because he is Liquid Ocelot. It's not a spoiler at all. It's just Dan loves Ocelot and was calling him that name.

I'm gonna be sad when this is done and there are no more Metal Gear Scanlon episodes. It would have been cool if they managed a co-op run or Peace Walker then GZ before doing a secret recording of MGSV. Could wait a week or two days or however long it takes Dan to finish, then record it with Drew playing it over however long it takes and then release them in a few months.
That way Drew gets an unspoiled experience and plays it when it's new, Dan gets to play it in a two day straight session like he said he does with all of them (which is the correct way) and they can talk about it on the bombcast and just not mention they are recording MGSV.

But on the other hand M G Scanlon is great (to me)because it's watching someone new playthrough something we've played before and love and seeing things through their fresh eyes and that might not work as well with a brand new MGS. I do hope they do a GZ one so Drew is up to speed (with a 30 min Peace Walker primer before hand) and we get to see how he likes the control options and the slow-mo thing when getting spotted and the ending.

Bacon

I like how the return to shadow Moses served as not only a fan servicey nostalgic trip for the series but also for metal gear scanlon. I loved hearing dan and drew recall bits of how drew approached encounters in the first game and how much he's improved since then.

Looking forward to the next episode!

These damn clicker games just sound like time release capsule version of loot games. Diablo's good, but you only get that feeling of the numbers going up every once in a while, what if you could have it all the time?! Cookie Clickers!

Bacon

Yeah I'm not too hot on the live mpp thing. The guys usually try to put on more of a "show" then usual in live settings and I'm not sure how that will mesh with the mpp format. Hoping for the best obviously but as of now I have reservations.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
the guys will not break kayfabe doing the MPP thing. it'll be alright, they'll stay in character.

daydream

Banned
Yeah I'm not too hot on the live mpp thing. The guys usually try to put on more of a "show" then usual in live settings and I'm not sure how that will mesh with the mpp format. Hoping for the best obviously but as of now I have reservations.

it's hard to tell if it'll work out but it's an interesting change of pace, for sure

daydream

Banned
saw this in the dotagaf thread (don't ask me what i was doing there). a final message from steve:

Hey, I won't talk from the grave again, just this one time to clear up something.

I didn't get banned for talking about GMOs. I got banned because I was discussing them in a thread about Bernie Sanders and race. At best it was wildly off topic and inconsiderate to everyone else in the thread. At worst it made me look like a #alllivesmatter asshole (ewwww). I was drunk and emotional as I had attended a seminar about GMOs and world hunger earlier that day, I woke up and read my posts and said man those are dumb. It also wasn't solely that, but combined with the last few months of my shitposting in general earned me a perma as I obviously didn't learn from the previous bans. Anyhow I knew better and deserved it.

I had been using gaf less as a constructive place of conversation and more of a blowing off steam end of day nonsense post for a while anyhow, so it's probably better I moved on for my own and everyone elses sake.

This and the giant bomb thread are the only places I'll miss, and it's not that big a loss since we're mostly all friends on steam. If you ever need anything just hit me up, and if someone in the thread is asking for someone to queue up with even if they're bad don't be afraid to recommend me still.

Anyhow, love all y'all (yes even you heavy's and shugg), play dota with you soon!

we'll miss ya too, steve :c

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Can't wait to see how Drew handles the
split-screen railgun Gekko battle
in Act 4.

I expect mountain levels of salt

edit: aww, we'll miss you steve, you knucklehead

I kinda like the idea of experimenting / playing with the feature though, so I'm happy to hear audience groans when they get Balloon Burst for the 13th time.

man, going back and watching these old demo derbies is making me want to hook up my dreamcast

saw this in the dotagaf thread (don't ask me what i was doing there). a final message from steve:

we'll miss ya too, steve :c

at least the dude's leaving with people missing him

there's a lot of worse ways to go out on message boards

talking about politics on neogaf: not even once

CMM9kOKVEAA7FAk.jpg

this is a really dumb pun/reference but it still made me smile

Megasoum

Banned
Jeff's Banjo "Huh oh" is fucking ON POINT hahaha

Also I hate it when the quicklooks don't go on Youtube. The player fucking sucks when I'm at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom