• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

I like that Drebin says "time for another bedtime story Snake", like he also knows that the Beauty story he's about to tell will make you fall asleep.

I'm unconvinced they will be able to finish up MGS4 by next week, unless the next episode is the conclusion of Act 4 (and maybe some of act 5) and the episode after that is an extra-long MGS4 finale video.

LiK

I'm unconvinced they will be able to finish up MGS4 by next week, unless the next episode is the conclusion of Act 4 (and maybe some of act 5) and the episode after that is an extra-long MGS4 finale video.

seems like they're playing through them for extended periods and just cutting them up for release. i'm gonna expect them to be done by next week.

KC Denton

Aw man, they completely missed the
Hind D crash and meeting the wolves after the fight.

EDIT: Also with everything about the B&B, Kojima is never going to make anybody "ashamed of your words and deeds."

They've got 1 more episode in Act 4, and Act 5 isn't that long in terms of gameplay. I can see that being 2-3 episodes. The anniversary is in 8 days...

the MGS4 supermodel bosses are still so damn disappointing. no personality whatsoever.

This video of the B&B Unit reveal with Kojima's English from Leipzig 2007 is way better than anything Drebin has to say.

MONSTERRRS?!
But hey, I liked his English in Ground Zeroes.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered, that trailer of the B&B Unit reveal, it actually showed the militia get sliced in half! The final game cuts away, but in the original trailer they fall apart across the waist!! Damn, that's wild. I'm surprised Kojima got away with showing that.

bigkrev

oh god. Surely there was a much better way to kill those Gekko than what Drew was doing?

He could have used the Mark-2 to turn the electrical floor back on to fry the first Gekko, and you don't actually need to fight/kill the other Gekko while the door is opening- you can have it see you, and you can use the Nukes/boxes/truck to hide, and have it chase you the entire time.

The whole "you have to shoot the pretty ladies and there's sad audio and it's all black and white" thing would be kinda unique once but it's kinda ridiculous that's what every boss has come down too.

Also the whole thing is just kinda dumb and gross. Worst MGS bosses!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The whole "you have to shoot the pretty ladies and there's sad audio and it's all black and white" thing would be kinda unique once but it's kinda ridiculous that's what every boss has come down too.

All the pretty lady bosses in MGS are all sad though.

Why can't there be a lady boss who is like, a complete asshole who doesn't care about being sad.

bigkrev

No way they finish the act next week. I knew the secret to the fight because someone had told me, but
considering they have never even equipped the Syringe, the Vamp fight will take forever

No way they finish the act next week. I knew the secret to the fight because someone had told me, but
considering they have never even equipped the Syringe, the Vamp fight will take forever

They'll call colonel/otacon/whoever a few times and eventually they straight up tell them to use it on him

Balb

By the 2nd or 3rd boss I just ended up skipping past the Drebin dialogue sequences during my first playthrough. They're repetitive, drawn-out and disconnected from the rest of the story.

Three bosses later and they still haven't figured out that the game is communicating the backstories of the Beauties through audio flashbacks during the second part of the boss fights when you can tranq them, and yet they keep whining "What's the point?!".

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
"rpgs are terrible in this game. I never want to use them against a boss, it always does nothing"

I think I used the rpg in every bb boss fight lol. It was pretty effective

I remember fighting crying wolf being probably my favourite of the bnb fights

Laughing Octopus is great. Especially on the higher difficulties when she starts camouflaging in crazy ways. That boss fight is super fun. The only boss fight that is not up to par with the others is Raging Raven. There's kind of nothing to it except fire at her. All she does is fly around and sometimes charge at you.

neshcom

Banned
Reliving MGS4 is making me feel like I don't like it as much as I thought. The first two acts feel aimless for such traditional sequences, Act 3 was frustrating, Act 4's boss was a recreation of my least favorite MGS boss, and Act 5 has the worst stealth sequence of the game (
the battleship part right before the very end
). Maybe it's been too long since my last playthrough, but watching Scanlon makes replaying it seem redundant for now.

- J - D -

Three bosses later and they still haven't figured out that the game is communicating the backstories of the Beauties through audio flashbacks during the second part of the boss fights when you can tranq them, and yet they keep whining "What's the point?!".

Oh no, won't someone think of these poor, sad, richly drawn characters. Granted, I thought Dan's "what's the point?!" was oddly dense too, but he was on point just a couple moments earlier with his accurate summation of what Kojima was trying to get across.

Dan: "War's bad!"

Pretty much. We get it, Kojima, jesus. Now let's get back to butt shots of these war-abused, psychologically traumatized sexy ladies. Because, you know, that's not incredibly disgusting.

The main Peace Walker bosses are better than B&B.

Pupa, Cocoon, Peace Walker and Zeke are all great bosses and better than the B&B fights.

B&B aren't great, but at least there's a shred of thought put into their design and their encounter, which is more than just standing in a big arena and shoot the thing with rockets you grinded for till its dead. You can't say the same at all for any PW fight. And yes, I include all the boss fights when I mention PW, including the 20 tank encounters and the helicopter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom