• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it yesterday but it deserves to be repeated, GOTY discussions are going to be great this year. We've already got a number of candidates for discussion and there are still a bunch of games due out.
Is anyone other than Austin (I think he was) playing Life is Strange?
I wish there were more of the crew playing it.

Is anyone other than Austin (I think he was) playing Life is Strange?
I wish there were more of the crew playing it.
Nah, vinny expressed interest during E3 but I think that's it. Hopefully Alex gives it a shot as I'd love to hear his thoughts considering he's played a number of the Telltale stuff.

Teddified

Man does AC Unity's story have no substance really. The Dead Kings DLC has more personality and character then most of the main story, and I somewhat enjoy it comparatively.

justjim89

I hope some of the west coast guys play through Her Story, it definitely should garner some placement in the top 10 this year. Such a unique, delightful little experiment.

I'm willing to take bets on fallout launching worse than tw3.

TW3 launched pretty ok though. Its just just that they keep breaking and fixing stuff with patches. Every time they touch it something breaks.

It will be fun to see what new and interesting ways a Bethesda game can be busted now though now they have new hardware to play with.

Haunted

xTiTnAhj7gZ1fAQVUc.gif
now that's dedication

LAWfgDZ.gif

Quick Looks/Unfinisheds have been pretty boring recently (just because the games released don't lend themselves to much humour/interest for me) but the recent Rare ones and Poly Bridge have been brilliant.

the problem with making fun of an unfinished game is that they're still works in progress. So you can't really dig into a game when it's still in development.

Still, i really like the unfinished format, especially when they go back and check it out at its final release. Nice to see the difference.

Played through the Crying Wolf boss fight earlier and I had forgotten how many little easter eggs are in that arena. I had previously seen the crashed Hind D but I didn't realise that the collapsed corridor to left of where you start is the same corridor from the first MGS Sniper Wolf battle. Thought that was really cool.

Welcome to no one doing anything about gentrification. Cities just want more income and they don't care that they run everyone out while doing it. It's why I don't live in New York anymore.

YEP. I live across the river in Jersey City, and it's full-steam ahead. Finding a 1BR for under $2k is a steal now.

If you're willing to take peoples money, you are open to ALL criticism. You don't have to sell your game early.

eh, i dunno. No one is obligated to pay into these early access games and if you do you do so knowing the caveats. So while one can criticize the game, it's always should be couched in "well it's still in development."

So why crap on something that could end up fine in the end?

Seeing Shadow Moses reminds me that, outside of Metroidvanias or puzzle games, we don't get a ton of games anymore set in one interconnected facility anymore. At least none that I can think of at the top of my head. Everything has gotten bigger and open, even MGS itself.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Seeing Shadow Moses reminds me that, outside of Metroidvanias or puzzle games, we don't get a ton of games anymore set in one interconnected facility anymore. At least none that I can think of at the top of my head. Everything has gotten bigger and open, even MGS itself.

Agreed, one of my favourite things in games is a really nice, dense environment where you explore every nook and cranny. Quality>quantity. It is why Asylum is still the best Batman game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom