• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Seeing Shadow Moses reminds me that, outside of Metroidvanias or puzzle games, we don't get a ton of games anymore set in one interconnected facility anymore. At least none that I can think of at the top of my head. Everything has gotten bigger and open, even MGS itself.

Agreed, one of my favourite things in games is a really nice, dense environment where you explore every nook and cranny. Quality>quantity. It is why Asylum is still the best Batman game.

Dark Souls is a great example of this. Even if it's not a single "facility" per say, it never really felt like an actual open world to me... It just felt like a giant interconnected place (which is fucking great).

Dark Souls is a great example of this. Even if it's not a single "facility" per say, it never really felt like an actual open world to me... It just felt like a giant interconnected place (which is fucking great).

Bloodborne, too right? I was always blown away with how interwoven many of the locations were. I'd be at a new location and look down and realize I had just been there.

Megasoum

Banned
The only thing that comes close is the moment in Celebrity Multimedia Poker. But Ravaged is just perfect.

Celebrity Multimedia Poker is amazing because there's THAT specific moment with Frakes that everybody thinks about and is easily "quotable" but the whole friking quicklook is amazing. All the Joe Piscapo bullshit, Ryan and Gary Whitta trying to call the tip hotline, etc. Amazing piece of content.

Crying Wolf is the best fight of the game
if you put aside the Liquid fist fight
but BB unit as a whole... so bad,,,

Thank god for Rising as Peacewalker also had abysmal bosses.

wait, peace walker had bosses?

I only remember huge robots that i shot a thousand gazillion times and had to constantly call in for rations because it was a grind, grind, grind. Thanks Kojima for trying to monhun metal gear, clearly that's what the franchise was lacking

I didn't feel any of the bosses took too long in Peace Walker as long as you knew what you were doing and exploited weak points, much like in Monster Hunter. Of course it's a very different way of approaching boss fights compared to other games in the series so it can be hard to adapt.

The one exception is the second to last boss in the true ending(or whatever you call it) path. That piece of garbage takes over an hour solo and you can run out of ammo and be completely fucked.

I didn't feel any of the bosses took too long in Peace Walker as long as you knew what you were doing and exploited weak points, much like in Monster Hunter. Of course it's a very different way of approaching boss fights compared to other games in the series so it can be hard to adapt.

The one exception is the second to last boss in the true ending(or whatever you call it) path. That piece of garbage takes over an hour solo and you can run out of ammo and be completely fucked.

Even if you exploit weakpoints it's still dull, Monster Hunter fights certainly take some time as well but they are more engaging than the boss fights in Peace Walker. The boss fights in Peace Walker were just you shooting a big bullet sponge enemy from a safe distance which is a lot less interesting than a fight in Monster Hunter.

kvk1

QyIuF6w.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
We only have the budget for four chairs.

say no more, boxing up a used office chair right now

also throwing in an empty cd-r spindle, some ribbon cables, and the box for blues brothers jukebox adventure for the original gameboy

graboids

a week of MGScanlon is making me stay up way too late... really enjoying MGS4 since 4 is the only one I played through, so much better actually knowing what is going on this time seeing it all...

2773163-dangs.gif

Dan should really watch some bad early TNG while he is watching though it.

Like... just a taste of the terrible episodes. No need to go whole hog and watch all of S1 and S2. Just watch the super racist one with Tasha and the black people. That one with the space Irish. That clip show finale. The one where they blow that admirals head off. And maybe a Wesley episode or two. Oh and the episode where Data has sex.

But after S3 starts he should just watch everything. Good and bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With the way we digest media now, I can never not watch every episode of a show that I'm watching.

I even watched the shitty seasons of Perfect Strangers.

Dan should really watch some bad early TNG while he is watching though it.

Like... just a taste of the terrible episodes. No need to go whole hog and watch all of S1 and S2. Just watch the super racist one with Tasha and the black people. That one with the space Irish. That clip show finale. The one where they blow that admirals head off. And maybe a Wesley episode or two.

He should suffer all the wesley episodes. Dan needs to understand that even star trek can have someone in it that's insanely over.

He should suffer all the wesley episodes. Dan needs to understand that even star trek can have someone in it that's insanely over.

Is that episode where wesley falls in a bush and gets put on death row a early episode? That always sticks out to me as the quintessential bad wesley episode.

I want to say its pre beard which is pretty early.

Is that episode where wesley falls in a bush and gets put on death row a early episode? That always sticks out to me as the quintessential bad wesley episode.

I want to say its pre beard which is pretty early.

pretty much all the episodes where wesley is over are in the first season. Dude was the deus ex machina for solving every shitty problem that happened on the enterprise.

then he gets sent away and surprisingly the show is good. So good that you dont even mind when he shows up again throughout the series.

How is that even possible? I watched TNG as a kid and was annoyed by Crusher. Riker was always just awesome.

I admittedly didn't catch it until the later years but then went back and watched them all at some point via syndication. I just thought Riker was too full of himself and just came across as a jerk. My favorites were Geordi and Data, though.

Xater

I admittedly didn't catch it until the later years but then went back and watched them all at some point via syndication. I just thought Riker was too full of himself and just came across as a jerk. My favorites were Geordi and Data, though.

I love Data, but my favorite was always Picard. I consider him the best captain as well. Was never that fond of Kirk.

I introduced a friend of mine to Star Trek a while back, he ended up watching all of TNG. Wesley was one of his favourite characters.

We haven't spoken since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom