• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I think that was Ryan's thing. So, yeah.

They seemingly stopped doing them after Ryan passed away. I don't think they've done one since. Maybe that was his thing and they didn't want to do one without him out of respect. Just like the Bombcast never misses a week (and is always on a Tuesday (at least somewhere in the world)).

I was mainly being facetious, but I'm pretty sure they stopped doing it even while Ryan was around. It just seemed to drop off when they started outlining upcoming weeks on the Bombcast.

The worst of these "what happened to," for me, would be Random PC Game. Those were always fantastic. Gave us stuff like BioForge and Phantasmagoria Endurance Runs.

Edit: Huh, now that I think about it, Contradiction was kind of like that in all but its name.

I was mainly being facetious, but I'm pretty sure they stopped doing it even while Ryan was around. It just seemed to drop off when they started outlining upcoming weeks on the Bombcast.

The worst of these "what happened to," for me, would be Random PC Game. Those were always fantastic. Gave us stuff like BioForge and Phantasmagoria Endurance Runs.

I Love Mondays: 07/01/2013

Just two days before his passing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
As evidenced by that Bridge Unfinished, Vinny should be building things at all times. Bring on Vinny Space Program.

Megasoum

Banned
CRh5ydj.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Old Games Show not being around actually really annoys me. Any time they have some show with old content, especially if it's Jeff heavy, it seems to just stop happening almost instantly.

The Old Games Show not being around actually really annoys me. Any time they have some show with old content, especially if it's Jeff heavy, it seems to just stop happening almost instantly.

I think with so many retro compilations and the fighting game rankings, it felt kind of redundant. They could always go back to it later, but if they don't, it would probably be in lieu of something more specific.

Megasoum

Banned

I'm kinda conflicted about that.

Honestly I don't really like neither of the new Wednesday shows.

Ranking of fighters is super boring and nothing happens for like 2 hours.

Old game show is not a bad idea on paper and I always love it when Jeff drops some sick historical knowledge in a video bu in reality, watching him play old games on an emulator with cheats removing all challengs makes it super boring to watch too.

Even with MGS4's problems I'm still glad Drew really enjoyed it. Its a great ending to the Solid Snake saga.

Also, RoF is great. Love seeing all those weird/great fighting games, but I know its not for everyone.

I'm kinda conflicted about that.

Honestly I don't really like neither of the new Wednesday shows.

Ranking of fighters is super boring and nothing happens for like 2 hours.

Old game show is not a bad idea on paper and I always love it when Jeff drops some sick historical knowledge in a video bu in reality, watching him play old games on an emulator with cheats removing all challengs makes it super boring to watch too.

I kind of feel bad agreeing with this since both Jason and Jeff seem super high on the idea but, yeah and I'm a big fighting game guy too. Maybe Brad had a good point and a third person would give it a kick in the pants.

I think Ranking of Fighters can be fun with certain games, but stuff like Teras Kasi really drags it down. I like the idea of making it 2 games per episode, though they should probably try to add more games from classic franchises unless their goal is to focus solely on obscure or forgotten games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Now that this Metal Gear Garbage is out of the way they can get to some real fucking content and get more demo derbies.

Preferably with Jeff.

They should just watch that three hour Youtube video of every Peace Walker cutscene put together (even though I don't like supporting that) and do an episode of Ground Zeroes.

Re watching mgs1 and sniper wolf's death is handled so much better then just about anything in the entire series. God damn.

Great scene.

Please dont ruin sniper wolf in V kojima. Please.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather just have an up-rez port/HD remake.

I feel like a post MGS Kojima remake would ruin everything I like about those original games.

Loxley

One of my favorite aspects of Demo Derby is it gets Jeff reminiscing about old games, which is always fun. Especially when it's a fairly forgettable title that he remembers a lot about for some obscure reason.

I'd rather just have an up-rez port/HD remake.

I feel like a post MGS Kojima remake would ruin everything I like about those original games.

That's what I had in mind, yeah. Metal Gear 2 in HD would be the best Metal Gear game ever
jk MG2 is already the best Metal Gear game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom