• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

rObit

Banned
Are there videos where its Dan and Vinny? Or did Dan join after Vinny moved? Wait... Dan joined way before Vinny moved i think now right? fuuudge i can't remember.

Dan joined after Vinny moved.

Only QL they're both in is Evolve, but it's with most of the crew.

I would say Velvet Sundown is a good one for Vinny / Dan shenanigans, if that's what you're looking for.

- J - D -

Another long episode! Huzzah!

Man those two fighting game clones on RoF0003 reminded me how much I love Gundam: Endless Duel for SNES. Fingers crossed they get to that one before the world ends!

Tlo1NOl.gif

Used to play this all the time in the school computer lab. Deathscythe was my main.

I agree with Drew. Naomi is a shit character.
The groundwork was there for her to be a good character, but it was squandered like so much else in MGS4's execution.

Also, relistening to the MGS4 spoilercast from 2008 puts the later events of Act 4 in a funnier light.

Otacon is Whiny White Kojima, and Naomi's death is a Pity Party. >_>

ant1532

Banned
Dan joined after Vinny moved.

Only QL they're both in is Evolve, but it's with most of the crew.
hmm i see.
I would say Velvet Sundown is a good one for Vinny / Dan shenanigans, if that's what you're looking for.
whaa

what the heckahahaha, dan is drunk at the beginning and then that haircut.... well it sobers him up by the end of it.

Are there videos where its Dan and Vinny? Or did Dan join after Vinny moved? Wait... Dan joined way before Vinny moved i think now right? fuuudge i can't remember.

Vinny moved before Dan was hired. Vinny had to fly in for E3 2014. Dan started after that E3. He was probably already "hired" before that point, but it wasn't made official until after E3. I don't think Dan and Vinny met in person (as co-workers) until GOTY 2014 stuff happened. It's crazy that Dan started in June/July and Metal Gear Scanlon started in August. It's strange, because I felt like Dan had been a part of Giant Bomb a while before MGS started but clearly that's not the case, as he was there for only about a month before the series started. He wasted very little time getting it started, huh?

Lijik

Its even crazier when you consider that series is a direct spinoff from demo derby, which was another series Dan started

Vinny moved before Dan was hired. Vinny had to fly in for E3 2014. Dan started after that E3. He was probably already "hired" before that point, but it wasn't made official until after E3. I don't think Dan and Vinny met in person (as co-workers) until GOTY 2014 stuff happened. It's crazy that Dan started in June/July and Metal Gear Scanlon started in August. It's strange, because I felt like Dan had been a part of Giant Bomb a while before MGS started but clearly that's not the case, as he was there for only about a month before the series started. He wasted very little time getting it started, huh?
Dan's first ever appearance in Giant Bomb was the E3 Bombcast where he talked about his epic OKCupid prank, and even back then he had the Waluigi love. XD

Naomi is the character they use to fuck over another character when there isn't a character more convenient to fuck over said character. She's the least interesting character when it comes to motivations and reasoning behind her actions.

Austin has has not even started his own video series, and he is approaching three months at GB.

He needs to DM a GBEast D&D Unplugged series.

Jothel

...how exactly does stealing in the Witcher work? The loading screen tips say to do it when no one is watching but so far I've looted absolutely everything and nothing bad has happened?

...how exactly does stealing in the Witcher work? The loading screen tips say to do it when no one is watching but so far I've looted absolutely everything and nothing bad has happened?

If you steal and guards spot you in the act they attack you and kill you apparently. (Happened to me once)
So I think as long as there are no guards around you can steal all day long from regular NPCs.

Mature

Another great MGScanlon ep. Now that we're closing in on the final act, i'm getting really worried about the final fight.... I guess it fits that he
will come full circle to his nightmare of fighting Liquid on top of Rex.

I really dislike the Naomi stuff in 4. Drew was right when he called her a device for tying together some of the loose plot lines. And her relationship to Vamp is pretty hamfisted. That final scene with her is one of my least favorite cutscenes in all of Metal Gear. Thankfully, it's bookended by the one that makes me laugh the most. Snake falling like an idiot out of Rex, Liquid faking Foxdie then backpedaling while laughing like a maniac, Mt. Snakemore— it's just a shot of the concentrated goofiness that the series can whip out at a moments notice.

Drew solved Vamp ;_; I'm so proud of him using this games logic
Like clockwork. He has solved Metal Gear.

Hehe, Vamp might be the only character Drew truly hates.
There's some pretty potent contempt for Rosemary.

Jintor

i would play a hideo kojima mech game in 2015, or 16, or whatever.

by the way, I know it was 2008, but it's kind of astounding how terrible and stiff the action animation looks, especially when my intro to the series was Rising, lol.

Xater

i would play a hideo kojima mech game in 2015, or 16, or whatever.

by the way, I know it was 2008, but it's kind of astounding how terrible and stiff the action animation looks, especially when my intro to the series was Rising, lol.

We need more mech games in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom