• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

What if I don't really find any of their guests all that funny, Dave Lang included?

w3f2bYU.gif

Jothel

So Skellige people are basically just a mix of Irish folk, Vikings and general fantasy stuff? Sure yeah I can get behind that

Hmm. This mgs4 play through has given me a new appreciation for mgs4. Coming into it as a known quantity with zero expectations is a lot better than when I was hyping myself for years waiting to get all the surely awesome answers of the metal gear lore when that game first hit.

I think it's above mgs2 now, which was one of the greatest troll jobs in gaming but just an alright metal gear in retrospect.

santeesioux

I watched the first season of TNG on Netflix recently and had to drop it since I didn't listen to people and skip the first two seasons. I'll go back to it one day, one day...

frostyxc

What if I don't really find any of their guests all that funny, Dave Lang included?

There's a very simple method to deal with the hyperbolic declarations in here:

1. Consider the location (This, here, thread!) of statements like, "That is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen! I nearly died laughing!"

2. Think about something that you find, and is most likely generally considered, hilarious. (ie--Big Momma's House 2)

3. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

4. Eat a peach.

5. Compose a handwritten letter for back home while audibly narrating the letter like a Ken Burns documentary.

6. Get a sick tattoo of Michael Andretti on your left pec/breast.

7. Accidentally sit on a Real Doll's lap at a housewarming party while waiting for the bathroom in the basement. They really need better lighting down there.

8. Find out what kind of bird nest is inside that ZZ Top dude's beard. (It doesn't matter which one!)

9. Ask Michael Shannon's ex-girlfriend why he doesn't remember your name.

10. What is at the bottom of Lake Minnetonka?

11. Kumquat shmumquat!

12. Karaoke to "Mack the Knife" in that closet only you know about.

13. Declare Thursday, November 19th, 2020 Freedom from Day?.

14. Do some errands.

15. You totally saw Liev Schreiber and Emily Dickinson making out in that sepulcher. Don't deny it!

16. Buckfast shmuckfast!

P7QX. Crimp in style.

There's a very simple method to deal with the hyperbolic declarations in here:

1. Consider the location (This, here, thread!) of statements like, "That is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen! I nearly died laughing!"

2. Think about something that you find, and is most likely generally considered, hilarious. (ie--Big Momma's House 2)

3. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

4. Eat a peach.

5. Compose a handwritten letter for back home while audibly narrating the letter like a Ken Burns documentary.

6. Get a sick tattoo of Michael Andretti on your left pec/breast.

7. Accidentally sit on a Real Doll's lap at a housewarming party while waiting for the bathroom in the basement. They really need better lighting down there.

8. Find out what kind of bird nest is inside that ZZ Top dude's beard. (It doesn't matter which one!)

9. Ask Michael Shannon's ex-girlfriend why he doesn't remember your name.

10. What is at the bottom of Lake Minnetonka?

11. Kumquat shmumquat!

12. Karaoke to "Mack the Knife" in that closet only you know about.

13. Declare Thursday, November 19th, 2020 Freedom from Day?.

14. Do some errands.

15. You totally saw Liev Schreiber and Emily Dickinson making out in that sepulcher. Don't deny it!

16. Buckfast shmuckfast!

P7QX. Crimp in style.
You expect me to eat a peach?

TNG had a fun first season. I still can't get into any other Star Trek.

The only Star Trek I could ever get into are the J.J. Abrams movies (sorry longtime fans) (full disclosure- I am fully a Star Wars fan). Personally, I think if TOS was a new show today, I'd be all kinds of into it (I think they are the better characters as a group), but it is too hard to get into due to the now cheesy nature of the effects. I also tried TNG and couldn't get into it either. To me, the look of the Enterprise's interior took me out of it. It looked like (for lack of a better description) a 1980's department store. It looked like it was carpeted and stuffy. At least (to me) the Enterprise in TOS looked like it was trying to be futuristic. I understand many fans did not like the actiony nature of the Abrams dualogy, but if they could somehow use the look of that Enterprise with the spirit and tone of TOS/TNG (and today's special effects), I'd probably watch it. I know that's sort of shallow, but imagine what they could do with today's effects (even on a TV budget).

neshcom

Banned
That Poly Bridge QL kept fluctuating between hilarious and frustrating. Game seems decent enough for a Bridge Constructor clone and the hydraulics seem fun.

There's something endearing about the Beast Coast videos. It's just those three guys holding down the fort, making videos together like a nice little family.

That Poly Bridge QL kept fluctuating between hilarious and frustrating. Game seems decent enough for a Bridge Constructor clone and the hydraulics seem fun.

There's something endearing about the Beast Coast videos. It's just those three guys holding down the fort, making videos together like a nice little family.

GBWest has gotten too corporate.

demidar

There's going to be a Best Clicker category in the GoTY discussions right? I feel like there has to be, even if it's only 5 minutes long.

fleck0

Man those two fighting game clones on RoF0003 reminded me how much I love Gundam: Endless Duel for SNES. Fingers crossed they get to that one before the world ends!

Tlo1NOl.gif

ant1532

Banned
Are there videos where its Dan and Vinny? Or did Dan join after Vinny moved? Wait... Dan joined way before Vinny moved i think now right? fuuudge i can't remember.

danm999

Are there videos where its Dan and Vinny? Or did Dan join after Vinny moved? Wait... Dan joined way before Vinny moved i think now right? fuuudge i can't remember.

Dan joined after Vinny moved.

Only QL they're both in is Evolve, but it's with most of the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom