• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

There are a bunch of problems with it, and I'm sure they all feel a lot worse if you've been following the MGS series for more than just a year, but I'm loving MGS4 - it's a ridiculous victory lap romp from Kojima.

That said, yeah, the Naomi scene was the first major cutscene that just fell completely flat and made no sense (not even Kojima-sense). Was she ultimately good? A double-crosser? A scheming seductress (going by the the scene with Vamp)? Rather than just killing her along with Vamp, they played out her death in a tragic way that made it feel like we missed a major cut scene or two.

But whatever, the metal gear on metal gear action made up for it.

Someone please send Dan a monkey.

I was thinking of making a button (like that yawn button that Vinny made on an old 24 hour stream), that would play one of the various MGS monkey sounds when pressed.

Then I would send it to Dan in a mailbag with a "Press Me" sticky label on it

Megasoum

Banned
I was thinking of making a button (like that yawn button that Vinny made on an old 24 hour stream), that would play one of the various MGS monkey sounds when pressed.

Then I would send it to Dan in a mailbag with a "Press Me" sticky label on it

Oh GOD... Please do it!

Hell even just a website with a big giant button would do the trick (a physical button would be even better though).

chogidogs

I finished The Witcher 3 on Death March and my game time ended up at 14 days and 1 hour.

I might try and get the platinum someday. But I dunno if I like Gwent that much to restart just for a Gwent only game.

Drew pretty much nailed the issue with Naomi in MGS4: She's just a plot device, a living macguffin with no real discernible goal in mind and who is used pretty much to do necessary info dumps throughout the game.

Why does she switch sides? why is she suddenly super into vamp for no reason? why did she hold on to that bra for so long only to toss it aside as a means to track her even though she never wore it so she didn't really have an excuse for having it on her?

She could've just been sexy rando scientist no bra lady and the plot would've gone trucking along without any issues.

Wunder

Drew pretty much nailed the issue with Naomi in MGS4: She's just a plot device, a living macguffin with no real discernible goal in mind and who is used pretty much to do necessary info dumps throughout the game.

Why does she switch sides? why is she suddenly super into vamp for no reason? why did she hold onto that bra for so long only to toss it aside as a means to track her even though she never wore it so she didn't really have an excuse for having it on her?

She could've just been sexy rando scientist no bra lady and the plot would've gone trucking along without any issues.

She caused like so many issues in the overarching plot too, with no real pay off

Best/worst part is it's just like
"HEY YO I GOT CANCER HERE'S MY DEATH SCENE"

and she was delaying her death...to help liquid...but also to betray him...but to help him again...to betray him again

wtf, cmon now, make up your mind

Spoilers for the end of MGS4.
FOXALIVE

yeah but again a rando scientist could've done this and at least with a rando character the flip flopping of sides could just be written off as the audience being unfamiliar with the character

What a bummer

VkGzVx4.png

to give you an idea, Contradiction, a game we all wished had sold more, has sold about a thousand more copies on steam. Hope Samantha gets more sales, maybe a decent discount or two will help it move up in the charts

Xater

What a bummer

VkGzVx4.png

to give you an idea, Contradiction, a game we all wished had sold more, has sold about a thousand more copies on steam. Hope Samantha gets more sales, maybe a decent discount or two will help it move up in the charts

I will totally get Sentris, but I am waiting for the PS4 version she is doing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What a bummer

http://i.imgur.com/VkGzVx4.png[img]

to give you an idea, Contradiction, a game we all wished had sold more, has sold about a thousand more copies on steam. Hope Samantha gets more sales, maybe a decent discount or two will help it move up in the charts[/QUOTE]

Not according to the latest numbers.

[url]http://steamspy.com/app/373390[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom