• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you own a Wii U you don't have an excuse not to. Its by far my favorite platinum game.

I started it a while ago but I felt like I needed to mess around in one of the early missions to get used to the various systems. I'm actually looking for something to play this weekend so maybe I'll get back to it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
End of MGS4 spoilers if I've remembered correctly
She's not actually with Campbell that is a cover to keep Jack safe I don't know how that works when he can apparently stop a giant nuclear battleship super future boat machine with a single arm BUT THERE YOU GO MGS 4

Naomi is a piece of shit character. Her and Vamp belong together because they are both fucking terrible

The dwarf Gekko/Manx triskelion having little guns is hilarious though. I'd never noticed it before. Kojima was really taking the piss.

Also stabbing his foot onto a piece of broken off debris somehow worked as an anchor.

So are they hanging on to the final MGS episode till the 1 yr anniversary? Do we get another one tonight?

I would assume it's a typical schedule next week, meaning we'd get an episode on Tuesday and the finale on Thursday (
I could see the finale being that final super-long cutscene
). Honestly, it would be awesome if they did wrap it up tonight and then on Tuesday Dan gives Drew a rundown on Portable Ops and Peace Walker and then on Thursday Drew plays Ground Zeroes. I understand Peace Walker is a special game for people here, but I'm not sure Drew will want to play it.

justjim89

Fuck it. Between hearing about all of Dan and Danny's running nonsense, and just generally feeling like a fat piece of shit, I'm gonna install that couch to 5k app Dan was talking about and start learning how to run and lose some weight. It's not like I'm getting any taller.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Fuck it. Between hearing about all of Dan and Danny's running nonsense, and just generally feeling like a fat piece of shit, I'm gonna install that couch to 5k app Dan was talking about and start learning how to run and lose some weight. It's not like I'm getting any taller.

Good luck. It is really addictive once you break the hump of it.

I'm fortunate that my Gf's mom gifted us an elliptical when she was clearing her house out a few months ago. I try to run at least 20-30 minutes on resistance days and 50-60 on cardio days. QLs and Premium features really make those runs fly right by so I try to save them for running time.

Not sure if anyone saw this, but PSX 2015 is in San Francisco (instead of Las Vegas) this year (it's December 5th and 6th). I wonder who many (if any) GBers will go. Did any go last year? Last year coincided with The Game Awards (also in Las Vegas) I wonder if that is also shifting to SF.

Zaph

If you haven't already got it, MyFitnessPal is a fantastic app for weight loss. Super easy to keep track of your nutrition, thanks to a massive crowdsourced database (even has the sandwiches at my local coffee shop), and offset it against your daily activity.

Volotaire

Not sure if anyone saw this, but PSX 2015 is in San Francisco (instead of Las Vegas) this year (it's December 5th and 6th). I wonder who many (if any) GBers will go. Did any go last year? Last year coincided with The Game Awards (also in Las Vegas) I wonder if that is also shifting to SF.

Remember when Jeff was nominated for trending gamer of the year? And we got Wii U Zelda gameplay.

Running sounds like a great idea until I remember that the weather here is shit for like half the year (and I'm not talking rain shit, but freezing shit).

yeah, they changed the player around E3 and it blows ass for livestreams. you can use two fingers to zoom the screen to make it faux fullscreen but it's really not well implemented at this time.

I started it and it seemed alright, but I haven't gone back to it. I have too much of a backlog. I want to finish Ni No Kuni and Red Read Redemption first, both of which I've mostly just started. I also have a lot of recent games I wanted to play but don't own like Splatoon.

I started it a while ago but I felt like I needed to mess around in one of the early missions to get used to the various systems. I'm actually looking for something to play this weekend so maybe I'll get back to it.

The game has a slower start than traditional platinum games, but stick with it. You'll hit a point where things really start to click, and the game gets really interesting. It only gets better as you go.

Weird. Works fine for me, full screen and everything.

might be an ipad issue since the layout is different.

the W101 demo turned me off to the game real bad. People swear by it but it was so bad at showing you how to play the game properly. You know, the thing you'd want to show someone who would download your demo to see if your game is worth buying or not

Mature

End of MGS4 spoilers if I've remembered correctly
She's not actually with Campbell that is a cover to keep Jack safe I don't know how that works when he can apparently stop a giant nuclear battleship super future boat machine with a single arm BUT THERE YOU GO MGS 4
It wasn't a cover for Jack's protection, it was a cover for Rose and John's protection.

DamnBoxes

Did Jeff even go to the awards? I couldn't remember if he did or not.

Yep he did, here's a photo from the ceremony.

vgPSli8.jpg

might be an ipad issue since the layout is different.

the W101 demo turned me off to the game real bad. People swear by it but it was so bad at showing you how to play the game properly. You know, the thing you'd want to show someone who would download your demo to see if your game is worth buying or not

Not just the demo, the game itself tells you very little on how to actually play it other than its basic mechanics. Though there's more to W101 than just its mechanics, it also has a fun story (much better than every other platinum game), a great OST and a neat art style.

But yeah, your enjoyment of W101 can be severely impacted by how much you are willing to explore its mechanics with how much you can get out of them, and by how committed you are to playing through the game, even with some of its early low points. Kind of like a less extreme version of DMC4, except W101 is more of the complete package.

Good luck dude, it's a really great way to get into better shape. I just finished the second last week of couch to 5k myself; it's great to be able to run for 30+ minutes without my lungs feeling like they're going to collapse and I've lost around 20lbs in 2 months (down to 128 from 148)

I tuned in just to see what it was. It's still just black haha.
Well yeah, he's not gone entirely wild.
Good luck dude, it's a really great way to get into better shape. I just finished the second last week of couch to 5k myself; it's great to be able to run for 30+ minutes without my lungs feeling like they're going to collapse and I've lost around 20lbs in 2 months (down to 128 from 148)
Sounds great! I could definitely lose 20-30lbs.

But man you're light.

AcridMeat

Banned
Not to be rude but how the hell did you lose so much of your body weight in 2 months? Unless you're incredibly short that seems like quite a lot. Glad to read the success though, when you get into the swing of running it feels so good. When you stop and have to start that process all over again though...:( I need to get my running shoes out of the closet again.

edit: Thought about it more, it's not that crazy, so apologies for going off a bit!

128 is pretty light unless you're not very tall.

When i was 148 my mother thought i was near death to give you an idea.

Not to be rude but how the hell did you lose so much of your body weight in 2 months? Unless you're incredibly short that seems like quite a lot. Glad to read the success though, when you get into the swing of running it feels so good. When you stop and have to start that process all over again though...:( I need to get my running shoes out of the closet again.

edit: Thought about it more, it's not that crazy, so apologies for going off a bit!

Don't sweat it, I'm pretty darn short (5'6) so it's more or less mid bmi for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom