• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

I usually setup somewhere where I won't be spotted and just roam around stunning every Haven Trooper with Mk.3 until the place is empty. After that I put a few tranqs in the Geckos legs and carry on through the door.

Tranqs on Geckos... why didn't I think of this. Brilliant!

popo

The Feist QL went on and on. The guys seemed to be having fun chatting amongst themselves for the first half but got in to it for the second.

If that Feist QL had actually been 20 minutes I likely would have bought it - seeing the tricker stuff kinda put me off it though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If you've ever seen this show, you'd understand.

vinnyvaniacxplsvl.jpg

click here to get acquainted.
http://www.sa-gccx.com/episode/castlevania-3

Bet they can finish Peace Walker co-op in two weeks.

If they decide to do Peace Walker, should Dan bring up Portable Ops? Doesn't something from that get mentioned in PW? And if they do Peace Walker, I'd like to see them conclude with a quick Ground Zeroes one-off playthrough. Honestly though, I know Peace Walker holds a special place in fans' hearts, I think they'd be just fine with Dan explaining the story of Portable Ops and Peace Walker to Drew via wiki and having Drew just play Ground Zeroes

I wonder why David Hayter never did more VO work.

He has done some odd jobs recently. Mostly because I guess the Metal Gear gig ending but I am surprised no other big game put him in it as a important character in the last 18 years since MGS1.

And Peace Walker is a bad game. They shouldnt play it.

Do a MGS supplemental episode and watch a few trailers.

The take aways from Peace Walker before playing 5 are...

Big Boss builds a proto Outer Heaven PMC called MSF with the help of Master Miller
Otacons dad is there. He looks and sounds just like Otacon.
Paz was someone they tried to help but was actually a spy sent by Zero who eventually tried to blow them up.
Cypher = Zero and The Patriots.

And thats about it.

I wonder why David Hayter never did more VO work.

He has done some odd jobs recently. Mostly because I guess the Metal Gear gig ending but I am surprised no other big game put him in it as a important character in the last 18 years since MGS1.

He's a screen writer I suppose. Why he picked up the MGS role in the first place is...well I dunno why,

also I want to share this but this song-
(Suono by Evil Girl)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwT6oGZjN98

Uses the medley from Promise Me(Silent HIll 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LApkHzyKxrw

I don't think I've ever said this, but I always appreciate how the control room operators always try to make Brad laugh during their live stuff. He's always got an eye on their monitors, and it seems like their aim is to crack him up.

Starting part 15 now.

I kinda-sorta enjoyed MGS4 the first time through, but I absolutely couldn't fucking stand the Meryl/Johnny scene. Watching through the game again, I've found 95% of it to be skin-crawlingly awful, but that particular scene suddenly hits all the right MGS1-3 "awesome-stupid" notes for me.

My opinion of this game has changed in the weirdest damn ways.

I will always love the part of the Frog caressing the other Frog, as to calm her. It's a nice small detail that I dunno, gives this game humanity.

Wait....Was Rose ever even mentioned in Metal Gear Rising?

Also where the heck did Raidens new body come from? Is it a robot body or something someone grew in a jar?

You know, Kojima does a lot of dumb shit, but that hallway scene was one of the cooler things I've seen in a game ever. The combination of the split-screen, everything going to shit, and the music was all really intense and powerful.

yami4ct

And Peace Walker is a bad game. They shouldnt play it.

Peace Walker is a good game, but I don't think it plays well on a console/long sittings. It's a game very much made for the PSP and the limitations that come with that show. It also makes it a very different type of game that I honestly don't think Drew would enjoy very much. The thought of trying to marathon through Peace Walker on a console for a video series seems like it would be awful. Game is made to be picked up and played a few missions at a time.

Jintor

Wait....Was Rose ever even mentioned in Metal Gear Rising?

Also where the heck did Raidens new body come from? Is it a robot body or something someone grew in a jar?

Codec conversation. They're in New Zealand.

Which Raiden's new body? He's got spares. He's basically just a head with a spinal cord attached at this point. For Revengeance, Doktor built him a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom