• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I know it has zero relevance to MGS5 but I still think Drew should play Revengeance because it's really really dumb

AND AWESOME

and dumb

Its really weird how Dan absolutely loves all the dumb memorable shit in MGS, but dislikes MGR even though it probably has some of the most metal gear shit I've ever seen. Especially everything involving the final boss. Him and Drew would love it if they saw that.

Jintor

Its really weird how Dan absolutely loves all the dumb memorable shit in MGS, but dislikes MGR even though it probably has some of the most metal gear shit I've ever seen. Especially everything involving the final boss. Him and Drew would love it if they saw that.

dan is a man of dumb opinions, but this is easily among the most incomprehensible of his dumb opinions

The moment his brain melted down...

M24i6dN.png

Jintor

gods help me i teared up a little when snake eater started playing

Except he's never said he disliked that game. "Opinions that aren't my own. Dumb!"

he doesn't dislike it, but from memory i think jeff and Patrick liked it more than he did

jeff and patrick!

Midway through now. These last couple hours of the game (this being my second time seeing it) have now kind of rebounded into classic MGS awesome-stupid territory for me. Hell, I wonder if I'll even enjoy the final half hour this time around! Moving on...

Jintor

the only mgs's i could bare replaying are probably mgs1 and mgs3.

and rising like twenty five thousand times

/edit oh man, i forgot raiden totally got an artificial body. Impossible to tell if shitty body or shitty model from 2008

Zebetite

Banned
And Peace Walker is a bad game. They shouldnt play it.

That didn't stop them from playing MGS4 :')

edit: mgs4's ending is jam-packed with egregiously dumb shit but this final scene is maybe the worst of it, it's so fucking lonnnnnnnnnng

the cigar bit might be the only good part of the entire thing

Megasoum

Banned
The last time I seen the ending was when the game first came out in 2008 but I remember thinking that they "Return of the king" the shit out of that ending...

I was sure they were done but then they got to the cemetery and here we go for another hour lol.

LiK

Big Boss' death was still too long but man, it hit much harder than when i first played it in 2008. i guess watching this series so close to each other rather than playing them in release date order made a bigger impact.

Oh god.

Them trying to figure out the nature of the patriots / foxdie during the credits is going places.

And no one noticed the Assassins Creed logo roll by. lol.

That didn't stop them from playing MGS4 :')

edit: mgs4's ending is jam-packed with egregiously dumb shit but this final scene is maybe the worst of it, it's so fucking lonnnnnnnnnng

the cigar bit might be the only good part of the entire thing
Kojima's biggest problem (and I love and appreciate the guy) is he doesn't know when to end things. He has no sense of pacing. That scene alone has like 6 false endings.

Zebetite

Banned
dan is overlooking what is easily the dumbest thing about ocelot/liquid

in mgs2, ocelot was really truly getting possessed by the ghost of liquid snake because he inherited his dad's ghost powers, he then lopped off liquid's arm and replaced it with his weird robo arm from the end of MGS4 and THEN he hypnotized himself to pretend to be liquid snake

to "fool the patriots" for whatever the fuck that means

you know, if you ever doubted for a minute that he was writing every single one of these games as he went along and didn't give a fuck anymore by the time he got to this fourth game

Kojima's biggest problem (and I love and appreciate the guy) is he doesn't know when to end things. He has no sense of pacing. That scene alone has like 6 false endings.

his biggest problem by far in mgs4 is that it is alarmingly clear he had absolutely no serious creative interest or investment in the development of it and just wanted people to leave him the fuck alone about solid snake so he could go back to making video games about his husbando, big boss (or preferably making other games entirely but at this point i'm sure he resigned himself to his fate)

this in turn means metal gear solid 4 is an extremely hollow and poorly-written game, and that includes an offensively overlong ending that offers almost nothing of value

like, i barely like anything about MGS4 to begin with and it would be a way better experience if it ended immediately after the final boss. maybe that "snake had a hard life" bit, it's fine. that's it. that's IT.

Oh god.

Them trying to figure out the nature of the patriots / foxdie during the credits is going places.

And no one noticed the Assassins Creed logo roll by. lol.

You could play as Altair (it might need to be unlocked). I think you could, in turn, play as Snake in AC1. It was a weird cross-promotion in 2008.

Zebetite

Banned
of the snake brothers, solidus really got shat on the most.

he did get to be president. i guess that's something

how many presidents do you know who had lucrative careers training and encouraging platoons of child soldiers before running for office?

Flandy

Oh man I hope they play Ground Zeroes on the site at least. Drew is absolutely gonna love how much the gameplay has improved.

Wonder if they'll do TPP. They said at the end they didn't want to commit to anything. I won't if they'd wait for Dan to play it first before playing it on the site.
You could play as Altair (it might need to be unlocked). I think you could, in turn, play as Snake in AC1. It was a weird cross-promotion in 2008.
IIRC you got to play as Raiden in Brotherhood

Naomi's plan to tell snake that he shouldn't kill hinself was to not actually tell him at any point that she could've told him but to leave a message for a comatose big boss who had to go find the boss's old gun and break zero out of some illuminati nursing home and then go to a graveyard just in time to stop snake and explain that ocelot was pretending to be liquid and trick computers into believing in ghosts because ???? and then he kills zero just for shits because ones turn into hundreds and they come from zeroes which is not how numbers work I think but the dude probably has severe brain damage so I'll cut him slack because he managed to fit his entire speech in perfectly before the foxdie went off that the patriots put into snake to kill big boss because apparently the AIs predicted he'd be freed somehow

naomi planned all this because she was too busy planning to kill herself for the sin of working on nanotechnology which was eventually used in horrifying fashions like stopping cancer symptoms and making people immortal with a cure if they ever want to die, which are bad things to do as a doctor I guess

raiden also couldn't do it either because raiden was busy being fooled into thinking that his girlfriend left him for an old man and then they had a kid who was the exact age as raiden and rose's would be and looks exactly like a tiny raiden with a worse haircut. this was to fool the patriots who I'm 99% sure saw through this stupid ass ruse immediately but didn't really care because why would they

all this happened because ocelot had a plan to manipulate snake by constantly trying to kill him but that was all necessary to fool people because he was possessed by a ghost but then didn't want to be possessed but then hypnotized himself with nanomachines to think he was possessed which was necessary to do ????????

big mama jumped on the burning boat when she knew it was solidus

Love the last 5 minutes of the video talking about the series as a whole and their feelings on it.

Amazing ride guys. Thanks for doing this. I've never kept this up with a video series on any site before. Loved every minute of this and I'm glad Dan exposed Drew to this and they got to experience it together.

hamchan

They've always been iffy about playing full play through of recent games on the site, but yknow, I don't think Konami will be too hurt about it if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom