• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dude built a giant robot for defensive purposes and then learned it would be actually be used as a nuclear weapons platform.

Oh sure I bet he thought it would only be used as a reactionary nuclear launching tank that inexplicably roars. No way could anybody imagine a way that would be used offensively.

FStop7

Banned
To impress Dan Ryckert you need to follow a simple formula:

(celebrity or creature) + (very different celebrity or creature) + (engaging in an unusual activity) + (in an unusual location)

It's a tyrannosaurus rex and Brad Pitt body surfing on the rim of the Grand Canyon

I think KFC is trying to steal Dan away from Taco Bell

1eUV59d.gif

Definitely a step up from SafeAuto.

I watched The Substitute last night on Netflix. Oddly, it was the second movie I watched last night with a scene prominently featuring Jai Alai.

Either way, that movie is pretty amazing. Though
there's a lot of straight up murder going on on US soil, even by the good guys.

The Sentris QL EX is out and it might set new records for worst Youtube comments. Double the entertainment!
I've been ignoring gamersgate because it's gross but at this point it doesn't seem like it will ever die so I need to educate myself in the same way I don't ignore world events just because it's depressing.

I've been ignoring gamersgate because it's gross but at this point it doesn't seem like it will ever die so I need to educate myself in the same way I don't ignore world events just because it's depressing.

gamersgate stuff is just the same shitty misogynistic and deplorable behavior most of the internet has always had, only unified under a front that pretends to be working for a better good.

The only difference we have these days is that they feel entitled to being shitty versus the old days of the internet where they were shitty but had nothing to fall back on.

I watched The Substitute last night on Netflix. Oddly, it was the second movie I watched last night with a scene prominently featuring Jai Alai.

Either way, that movie is pretty amazing. Though
there's a lot of straight up murder going on on US soil, even by the good guys.

yup it is pretty good

i want to watch the sequels at some point to just see how bad they are

I'm glad Giant Bomb has the relationships they do with developers/publishers. They are genuinely some of the best guests. And they are genuinely friends of the site and its employees (as opposed to someone just out to promote something). Could you imagine a world where Dave Lang, Adam Boyes, John Drake, Samantha Kalman, all of Harmonix, etc. were all not allowed to hang with Giant Bomb. Man, that would be really sad times. I would feel a giant piece of Giant Bomb would be missing.

Funny how the mode in Sentris apparently designed to help people with motion sickness made me feel nauseous in a few seconds.
Oh sure I bet he thought it would only be used as a reactionary nuclear launching tank that inexplicably roars. No way could anybody imagine a way that would be used offensively.

Dude just wanted to build a cool mech like in one of his Japanese animes.

Yo Sentris looks terrible though. More like screensaveris, more like Sentientmusiccreationtoolis, more like Playingaroundingaragebandorreasonis. Am I right guys? Is this a game, or a wheel? How do the puzzles work? What is the puzzles? Can I make a good sounding song? What problem is this game solving again? What are they talking about??

I liked Samantha on the Beastcast. I think her game looks horrible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Jeff ever makes fun of your favorite game, I just want to remind you of something. He thinks Def Jam Icon is better than Def Jam Vendetta and Fight For New York.

Zekes!

I went back and finished watching the Poly Bridge quick look. What a way to start the day.

On another (more MGS related note) I started MGS Rising a little while after finishing Metal Gear Scanlon. The only other Metal Gear games I've played are MGS3 and PW (and MG1 and 2).

BearPawB

Banned
I think Samantha's desire to create a game with no fail state is admirable. But, without fail states there is no real challenge or tension.

It isn't precise enough to be a music creation tool. You sorta sometimes wander into something that sounds interesting. Or you don't.

Unlike audiosurf or amplitude there is nothing inherently fun about the gameplay.

I think it is really interesting to look at, and i can't wait to see what someone can make with it. But not for me.

Myggen

paul da man

Welcome back!

Also, I've followed gamergate way too closely since it started, but these last few months I've pretty much stopped. Before that it at least evolved a bit in who they hated and all that stuff, but now they've just settled on hating the same people they always did (since it's one year since it started there's a lot of "remember Zoe Quinn" articles popping up lately, and it's insane that they still believe their own lies from back then) while hating the same websites (VOX, Gawker, RPS etc., and GB too of course because Jeff is a traitor to them and all that fun stuff).

Not surprising those guys would attack the Sentris QL on YT. Samantha is obviously not popular with GG being an outspoken critic of them, and being transgender which they've always been extremely bigoted against.

WHAT.

ITS HAPPENING??!??

I bet it's just gonna be an overview, either of the cutscenes, or Dan explaining the events. I'm glad they're doing something, because the biggest flaw with Ground Zeroes, is it really does rely on people having played Peace Walker to understand who the hell any of those characters are.

For someone like me that's fine, I played Peace Walker multiple times, but someone like Drew, it's an important missing piece if he wants to play MGSV.

So that does mean on the one year anniversary of Metal Gear Scanlon, they will play Ground Zeroes as a finale. Nice that they were able to have it work out that way,

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To impress Dan Ryckert you need to follow a simple formula:

(celebrity or creature) + (very different celebrity or creature) + (engaging in an unusual activity) + (in an unusual location)

It's a tyrannosaurus rex and Brad Pitt body surfing on the rim of the Grand Canyon

You would think that such an event would impress anybody.

I bet it's just gonna be an overview, either of the cutscenes, or Dan explaining the events. I'm glad they're doing something, because the biggest flaw with Ground Zeroes, is it really does rely on people having played Peace Walker to understand who the hell any of those characters are.

For someone like me that's fine, I played Peace Walker multiple times, but someone like Drew, it's an important missing piece if he wants to play MGSV.

Since it's not marked as part 01, I'm betting this isn't Drew playing the game. Maybe they're watching a summary or the cutscenes or something?

I wonder if they recorded it this weekend since it went up on the schedule now.

edit: I'm on part 10 of MGScanlon 4 now, what a great series this is.

Even if its them just watching the cutscenes and talking over it, I'm really glad they're doing something. Part of it is just so that I have an excuse to go through PW content again before MGSV drops, and also because I'm still not ready for MGScanlon to end yet.

Myggen

Even if its them just watching the cutscenes and talking over it, I'm really glad they're doing something. Part of it is just so that I have an excuse to go through PW content again before MGSV drops, and also because I'm still not ready for MGScanlon to end yet.

Oh yeah, no doubt. One of my all time favourite features on the site and I'm not even a big MGS fan.

I wonder if Dan and Drew will do the eventual Quick Look of The Phantom Pain. That has to happen, right? How awesome is it that it will be new to both of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom