• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Apropos of nothing, do we know what the recording situation will be with all the stuff they do outside of the actual PAX venue at PAX Prime this year? We already know they'll do a live MPP5 there, and I believe Vinny said they'd be recording a live Beastcast at PAX (probably from the same location, the comedy club they're renting). Will some of that be streamed? I'm betting they'll record everything at least.

I'm a bit behind on content due to having been on vacation, so in case they've said something about this and I've missed it.

edit: Also, ICYMI on the last page, OFFICIAL PAXAMANIA 2015 VIDEO. It's clear that Aaron Trites has some time on his hands now that he's no longer at Harmonix :p

I'm absolutely fine with them just watching the Peace Walker even if I really like the game. I just ran around in circles after seeing it on the schedule.

Since it's not marked as part 01, I'm betting this isn't Drew playing the game. Maybe they're watching a summary or the cutscenes or something?

edit: I'm on part 10 of MGScanlon 4 now, what a great series this is.

Definitely my favorite scanlon playthrough of the 4. Drews just so damned in tune with that custom M4 haha

Oh my god 3 hours of peace walker cutscenes

How perfect is it that Drew went from dying like five times to Ocelot in MGS to killing him on his first try in MGS4? He really got a lot better at the games, but I guess that's largely due to them not playing like shit by the time 4 came around.

Myggen

YlJhpIw.gif

Did you really want to watch them grind GMP?
I would've settled for them at least getting the first ending.

That last chapter with its horrible grind is something I could completely understand anyone passing on though.

Regardless, I was already considering watching this video just to remind myself how stupid pw's story was. Glad to see that now I have an alternate means of consuming it.

jaina

Damn video series got me to try Ground Zeroes, I wanted to know whether I'd enjoy the Phantom Pain gameplay. Controls well. And the atmosphere is amazing! Although it was so tense, I had to take a break after the first hostage.
Still undecided whether I want to play a full game of that.

Dan will play the game ASAP, he won't go blind into the quick look. I'm curious what will happen if all early review copies are PS4, because both Dan and Jeff said they'd like to play on PC.

Damn video series got me to try Ground Zeroes, I wanted to know whether I'd enjoy the Phantom Pain gameplay. Controls well. And the atmosphere is amazing! Although it was so tense, I had to take a break after the first hostage.
Still undecided whether I want to play a full game of that.

Do it! Not for honor, but for yooooou

jgminto

Disappointed they aren't playing it, PW is the easiest game to stealth through in the series and with a small guide it would probably be the quickest one to finish too. There's essentially only one point in the game where you can't just do the story missions.

Disappointed they aren't playing it, PW is the easiest game to stealth through in the series and with a small guide it would probably be the quickest one to finish too. There's essentially only one point in the game where you can't just do the story missions.
Hey,

We can always nag them to do it for extra life as a coop experience. It beats another mount your friends marathon

As an aside, I went back to watch some halo 1 action during the first extra life Drew and Alexis did. Wow, lots of things have changed since that season

I'm glad that they're going over Peace Walker, saves me having to read up on it to refresh my memory. After playing some GZ this weekend I'm interested to see if they'll touch the side content as the main mission is real short and the side content isn't especially long either.

I see that Brad is also hyping up Cradle on Twitter now. I really need to play that game.

Looks like Patrick liked it as well, I've been meaning to check it out since the quicklook.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I would love for the tpp quick look to be brad and Jeff

I would also love for the halo 5 QL to be gbeast

I'm just a big fan of chaos.

Already started with two Rare QLs that went up Danless

Hey,

We can always nag them to do it for extra life as a coop experience. It beats another mount your friends marathon

As an aside, I went back to watch some halo 1 action during the first extra life Drew and Alexis did. Wow, lots of things have changed since that season

So much has changed in general with Giant Bomb. I feel like the audio/video quality improvement has been gradual enough that I never noticed until I revisitold content. I sent a friend (who has only started listening to the podcast and watching occasional videos in the past year) a video from 2009 with Johnny V telling a story, and he said "It sounds like they recorded this in their basement"

Well...you see...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It'll be like playing a game I never played, at the same time as they are!

Ok, I know some of the rough storypoints of PW, but never got around to playing it.

I just watched that 3 hour video this morning because I didn't feel like replaying Peace Walker before V and now I'm going to watch it again while these two chuckleheads talk over it.

I haven't watched the video in question. Does it include any of the tapes, like the ones where Paz's entire character development really happens, or where Eva tells you two stories about The Boss's past that explain why she accepted the mission in Snake Eater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom