• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I haven't watched the video in question. Does it include any of the tapes, like the ones where Paz's entire character development really happens, or where Eva tells you two stories about The Boss's past that explain why she accepted the mission in Snake Eater?

Are those tapes the same ones in Ground Zeroes? I've heard them.

Have not heard these new EVA tapes :|

Are those tapes the same ones in Ground Zeroes? I've heard them.

Have not heard these new EVA tapes :|

The Paz tapes are in GZ yeah.

The EVA tapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD7915opVB0

The second story I was thinking of was from the Strangelove tapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geMtaKeGqxE

The secret final tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMa5TgX624Q

If you haven't watched the cutscene video yet, watch these after the Metal Gear Scanlon video.

Jintor

Yo Sentris looks terrible though. More like screensaveris, more like Sentientmusiccreationtoolis, more like Playingaroundingaragebandorreasonis. Am I right guys? Is this a game, or a wheel? How do the puzzles work? What is the puzzles? Can I make a good sounding song? What problem is this game solving again? What are they talking about??

I liked Samantha on the Beastcast. I think her game looks horrible.

When I was at Bitsummit she seemed interested in just sitting people down in front of it and seeing if they got it without having to play a tutorial (language barrier I assume). I did but it took like 5 minutes.

FStop7

Banned
Well I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight

I feel bad enough spending a lot of time watching other people play video games

Now I'm going to be watching other people watching video games.

feelsbadman

I wonder if the guy who made this Peace Walker video's fans are going to be mad about Giant Bomb reuploading his content like some people get when someone uploads a UPF segment on youtube or something lol.

Jintor

Holy shit this 8th guest on Paxamania. I know he's come by before but still, what a cool guy.

Next time they need more crowd mics

listening to them talk about Galak-Z so much I caved and bought it, but now it's downloading 2.4gb of game and 2.4gb of update file

how does that even happen

I wonder if the guy who made this Peace Walker video's fans are going to be mad about Giant Bomb reuploading his content like some people get when someone uploads a UPF segment on youtube or something lol.

Actually, I think it'll be the opposite. With Giant Bomb, they really don't need the promotion (and those videos are supposed to be premium only content). The user has a chance to increase his/her subscriber numbers without doing anything, without shilling/begging. It would be pretty strange for him/her to be upset.

listening to them talk about Galak-Z so much I caved and bought it, but now it's downloading 2.4gb of game and 2.4gb of update file

There was a pretty big update for it a couple of days ago.

I downloaded Rocket League a few days ago and had like two 1.8 GB updates

If there was a lot of gameplay specific to the uploader they'd have a point, but dude took static video that he doesn't own and stitched it together.

Actually, I think it'll be the opposite. With Giant Bomb, they really don't need the promotion (and those videos are supposed to be premium only content). The user has a chance to increase his/her subscriber numbers without doing anything, without shilling/begging. It would be pretty strange for him/her to be upset.

Yeah I know I was just making a joke, I'm sure anyone would be happy to see their stuff on GB.

If there was a lot of gameplay specific to the uploader they'd have a point, but dude took static video that he doesn't own and stitched it together.

There's a little bit of gameplay in there, like during the stuff that has story bits during gameplay like bosses and some encounters.

yami4ct

The game is a technical mess and needs a ton of updates. I'm surprised reviewers haven't taken it more to task for that. It's also missing the final chapter of the game. Really feels like an early access title. I enjoyed it a lot, but it being so unfinished really cut that down for me.

Ketch

I'm so fucking hyped for metal gear 5 you guys! Like holy shit I haven't been this pumped for a game since sykrim maybe? Longer?

jgminto

The game is a technical mess and needs a ton of updates. I'm surprised reviewers haven't taken it more to task for that. It's also missing the final chapter of the game. Really feels like an early access title. I enjoyed it a lot, but it being so unfinished really cut that down for me.

I wouldn't call it a mess, the only real problem at this point is occasional frame rate drops.

yami4ct

I wouldn't call it a mess, the only real problem at this point is occasional frame rate drops.

Game crashed several times for me, the frame rate is real rough in quite a few areas and it still has the bug where it can start hitching like crazy until you pause or view the map. Sure, some of these are a bit YMMV, but I've heard enough and saw enough to know they are far from uncommon.

Thing about crashes? If it crashes during a mission, you're screwed. Game doesn't allow in mission continues, so if it crashes you're sent all the way back to the beginning of a season. Lost quite a bit of progress a couple times due to that. It sucks.

The Boss seems like a chump based on the Eva tapes. It kind of takes away what from what she did in Snake Eater. Getting slapped around by the American Philosophers, making ridiculous sacrifices for them and then having her legacy erased or destroyed is just what she does apparently.

The Boss seems like a chump based on the Eva tapes. It kind of takes away what from what she did in Snake Eater. Getting slapped around by the American Philosophers, making ridiculous sacrifices for them and then having her legacy erased or destroyed is just what she does apparently.

We've known all that even before the EVA tapes though.

Jintor

she was a legendary soldier (allegedly, five games in and I still have no real idea what makes you a better soldier than any other soldier other than knowing more about guns), but she was not very good at ruses

justjim89

she was a legendary soldier (allegedly, five games in and I still have no real idea what makes you a better soldier than any other soldier other than knowing more about guns), but she was not very good at ruses

There really needs to a prequel to the prequels where you play as The Boss.

With Kojima no longer a part of Konami, what do you think the chance are Konami will try to remake Metal Gear 1 and 2 using the graphical capabilities of MGSV? It wouldn't surprise me, nor would I be against it.

Peace Walker getting skipped over is bullshit and just continues the weird narrative that it's not a real MGS game despite V taking more from it than any other game in the series.

It's really fun in coop too :/ And there's zero reason to rush things because they won't be able to show the Phantom Pain for at least half a year if they aren't kidding, if ever. Oh well.

There really needs to a prequel to the prequels where you play as The Boss.

This has always been the dumbest idea because it would just make her look like an idiot in the first game and they would have to add stupid nonsense like the real, real, real, first Metal Gear actually being a Nazi superweapon and The Boss meeting Otacon's grandfather and Psycho Mantis's uncle and Vamp's third cousin twice removed and shoehorning in something like her having yet another legendary soldier mentor who went crazy like Big Boss did and she had to kill him and vowing to never end up like he did because it's like poetry, every stanza rhymes with the last one

and then they'd make three more prequels to explain how she actually dislikes borders and war because MGS3 somehow wasn't clear enough

Peace Walker getting skipped over is bullshit and just continues the weird narrative that it's not a real MGS game despite V taking more from it than any other game in the series.

It's really fun in coop too :/ And there's zero reason to rush things because they won't be able to show the Phantom Pain for at least half a year if they aren't kidding, if ever. Oh well.

There's actually a huge reason to rush things because Drew wants to play MGS5 the day it comes out, like most other MGS fans. I'm sure they would have played PW if they had the time, but between now and September 1st, they're gonna be busy with PAX stuff so this is better than nothing.

jgminto

This has always been the dumbest idea because it would just make her look like an idiot in the first game and they would have to add stupid nonsense like the real, real, real, first Metal Gear actually being a Nazi superweapon and The Boss meeting Otacon's grandfather and Psycho Mantis's uncle and Vamp's third cousin twice removed and shoehorning in something like her having yet another legendary soldier mentor who went crazy like Big Boss did and she had to kill him and vowing to never end up like he did because it's like poetry, every stanza rhymes with the last one

So a Metal Gear game.

So a Metal Gear game.

This is meant to be a quip but it's exactly my point. Everyone talks about this stupid idea but they forget how unnecessary the prequels are because it was so sad when Big Boss saluted

now i need to find that thread where I posted exactly what that game would be

Jintor

The idea of a Metal Gear game not written by Kojima is so strange, assuming Konami isn't just going to pachinko the fuck out of it

- J - D -

The idea of a Metal Gear game not written by Kojima is so strange, assuming Konami isn't just going to pachinko the fuck out of it

It'd be like fan fiction, which is what this thread has become too, apparently.

The next Metal Gear game they should make is Snatcher 2.

Speaking of Snatcher, what's going on with Zone of the Enders? Isn't the third in development or something last I heard? I thought I saw concept art of Jehuty dressed like a shaman or whatever the fuck

Scizzy

but they forget how unnecessary the prequels are because it was so sad when Big Boss saluted

That Kojima, who is nothing if not his own biggest fan, has never understood how the end of MGS3 (acclaimed by many as the best ending to any game ever) said everything he ever needed to say about Big Boss is, for me, the weirdest of all weird MGS things.

That Kojima, who is nothing if not his own biggest fan, has never understood how the end of MGS3 (acclaimed by many as the best ending to any game ever) said everything he ever needed to say about Big Boss is, for me, the weirdest of all weird MGS things.
It also left the boss's legacy intact.

But that didn't stop Kojima from pissing all over her grave for peace Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom