• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensOwl

Banned
I don't know what any of that means

kzrqp5v.png

publisher of great games like rollercoaster tycoon and the smurfs travel the world

- J - D -

I just read up on the fate of ZoE3.

I'm sorry to break the news to you guys, but apparently it's been cancelled.

For like 2 years now.

I blame it on MGSV.

They changed the name of tonight's episode from Metal Gear Scanlon: Peace Walker to Metal Gear Scanlon: Peace Walker: The Movie. I wonder if Dan will mention the pertinent stuff from Portable Ops that ties into Peace Walker.

Did Liquid build that giant submarine during the events of MGS4? Otherwise it was awfully fortuitous that he knew Solid Snake would be wearing that Solid Eye when creating Mt. Snakemore.

one of his top ten games. guaranteed

At this point, some GB GOTY contenders are Rocket League (I really think it'll rank top-ten with them), The Witcher 3, MGSV (surely Dan will probably push for it), Mario Maker (Jeff will probably push for it), Halo 5 (Drew will probably push for it), Bloodborne (Brad could push for it) and of course Just Cause 3 (if it is out early enough). Did I omit anything obvious? Batman: Arkham Knight? Dying Light? Rise of the Tomb Raider (potentially)? The Order: 1886 (that's a joke, though I enjoyed it)?

At this point, some GB GOTY contenders are Rocket League (I really think it'll rank top-ten with them), The Witcher 3, MGSV (surely Dan will probably push for it), Mario Maker (Jeff will probably push for it), Halo 5 (Drew will probably push for it), Bloodborne (Brad could push for it) and of course Just Cause 3 (if it is out early enough). Did I omit anything obvious? Batman: Arkham Knight? Dying Light?

Brad might push for Dying Light, but it hit really early so could be forgotten.

At this point, some GB GOTY contenders are Rocket League (I really think it'll rank top-ten with them), The Witcher 3, MGSV (surely Dan will probably push for it), Mario Maker (Jeff will probably push for it), Halo 5 (Drew will probably push for it), Bloodborne (Brad could push for it) and of course Just Cause 3 (if it is out early enough). Did I omit anything obvious? Batman: Arkham Knight? Dying Light? Rise of the Tomb Raider (potentially)? The Order: 1886 (that's a joke, though I enjoyed it)?
If Rocket League isn't top 5, I'll be legitimately surprised or the year really turned out even better than I'm anticipating.

I'm going to guess the top 5, in no order, consists of:

The Witcher 3
Rocket League
Fallout 4
MGS V
Just Cause 3

Tomb Raider and Bloodborne slightly behind. Maybe XCOM 2.

With Kojima no longer a part of Konami, what do you think the chance are Konami will try to remake Metal Gear 1 and 2 using the graphical capabilities of MGSV? It wouldn't surprise me, nor would I be against it.

Nope. Too expensive. What's the cheapest way they can extract the most money from fans? Ports. Endless ports. Metal Gear Solid HD. MGS 2 HD Definitive Edition. MGS 3 HD Definitive Edition. PW HD Definitive Edition. Metal Gear Rising Definitive Turbo Remix Edition. Metal Gear MSX Upscale Collection Edition. Metal Gear Skateboarding f2p Mobile Edition.

If Rocket League isn't top 5, I'll be legitimately surprised or the year really turned out even better than I'm anticipating.

I'm going to guess the top 5, in no order, consists of:

The Witcher 3
Rocket League
Fallout 4
MGS V
Just Cause 3

Tomb Raider and Bloodborne slightly behind. Maybe XCOM 2.

Right. Fallout 4. How could I forget that?

LiK

alright, gonna watch PW movie cuz what the hell. i won't get around to playing it anytime soon. this will all be new to me so it should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom