• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I mentioned it after the end of MGS4 but: there were robot arms in the MGS universe since the 70s. Yet, for reason unbeknownst to any sane person, Ocelot decided, when confronted with a cleanly severed arm that needed attention, he decided that the best option available to him wasn't a well known half century of robot arm tech advancements that was tried and tested by many (including the man he loved so dearly, the big boss).

No. He threw all that aside because he thought it would be better to have liquid's arm instead.

in short, Ocelot is a fucking idiot.

also, fun fact: Pretty sure MGS4 will end up being the only game in the main series (again fuck portable ops) where Revolver Ocelot doesn't fire his revolver. I guess since he's pretending to be liquid that makes sense but just thought that was interesting.

Didn't he have a robot arm in MGS4? I thought that was meant to be a clue that the whole Liquid thing was BS. It sure looked like a robot arm to me.

Didn't he have a robot arm in MGS4? I thought that was meant to be a clue that the whole Liquid thing was BS. It sure looked like a robot arm to me.

yeah, he has one after he had to have liquid's arm removed due to liquid's soul occasionally taken over his body.

Which is what i'm saying, there's nearly half of century of robot arms and Ocelot thought it was a good idea to rock liquid's arm instead

Jintor

yeah, he has one after he had to have liquid's arm removed due to liquid's soul occasionally taken over his body.

Which is what i'm saying, there's nearly half of century of robot arms and Ocelot thought it was a good idea to rock liquid's arm instead

dude just thought big boss was so cool he couldn't skip a chance to get a clone's arm too

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

But wasn't the whole Liquid's soul deal a ruse to begin with? MGS4 is just the absolute worst thing.

MG310

I mentioned it after the end of MGS4 but: there were robot arms in the MGS universe since the 70s. Yet, for reason unbeknownst to any sane person, Ocelot decided, when confronted with a cleanly severed arm that needed attention, he decided that the best option available to him wasn't a well known half century of robot arm tech advancements that was tried and tested by many (including the man he loved so dearly, the big boss).

No. He threw all that aside because he thought it would be better to have liquid's arm instead.

in short, Ocelot is a fucking idiot.

also, fun fact: Pretty sure MGS4 will end up being the only game in the main series (again fuck portable ops) where Revolver Ocelot doesn't fire his revolver. I guess since he's pretending to be liquid that makes sense but just thought that was interesting.

He REALLY loved the feel of that revolver in his hand. A robot hand with no sense of touch just won't do. Plus I'm sure he would be first in line to have a piece of almost Big Boss attached to him.

I want to say it was just the forearm in MGS2 though. Though not sure if it's supposed to be metal looking like MGS4 or just a pasty dead guy forearm on his model. Looks like it transitions to his normal skin color at the elbow.

MGS2_Liquid_Ocelot.png

So, who's in RUN GFB at this point? It's Navarro, The UnderDraker, Dr. Tracksuit, D-Leazy, and Shaun "Bones" whatever.

And Rich Gallup's Indy Love Coalition has Samantha Kalman, Alexa Ray Corriea, and someone else.

I can't take Dirty Dan Ryckert as a face (good guy) though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I assume he actually had it removed simply because of anti-rejection meds, and the fact that that much foreign material would be too much for anyone to handle. The ending of MGS4 really pushed the "Liquid Ghost was never real" story, afterall.

MG310

And Rich Gallup's Indy Love Coalition has Samantha Kalman, Alexa Ray Corriea, and someone else.

I think the Trin Train and that's it? I think Shawn Alexander Allen/Treachery in Beatdown City guy quit on them mid-Rumble IIRC.

hamchan

So, who's in RUN GFB at this point? It's Navarro, The UnderDraker, Dr. Tracksuit, D-Leazy, and Shaun "Bones" whatever.

It's like NWO, everyone is in it.

But wasn't the whole Liquid's soul deal a ruse to begin with? MGS4 is just the absolute worst thing.

follow me on this:

So Ocelot loses part of his arm during MGS1. Now, as i said before, ocelot has first hand (no pun intended) experience with robo arms because he hangs out with his ultimate man crush, Big Boss, in MGSV. Also, if PW is anything to go by, robo arms have been a thing since the 70s in the MGS universe.

so, when liquid dies, he gets his arm grafted onto himself before the events of MGS2. During the end of the tanker sequence of MGS2, you see that liquid comes alive and takes over ocelot. This is actually happening and not part of the hypnosis stuff that happens later. As an aside, when Snake gets out of the tanker himself and Otacon drop off liquid's body (minus an arm of course) in the wreckage of the tanker so as to fool people into thinking snake died during that event.

Fast forward to MGS4 and Ocelot has had Liquid's arm removed but decides to keep the whole liquid-is-taking-over thing going. He had to have it removed because that whole thing where liquid would possess his body got kinda annoying, you know? Hence his having a robo arm at the end of MGS4.

Now, remember Liquid's body? Well apparently someone picked up whatever the fuck was left of it after soaking in the hudson river for who knows how long and losing an arm and being persevered by crazy people for a few years and used it and parts of solidus's body to reassemble BB. I'm guessing they took Solidus's vocal cords because BB sounds just like him and not like Solid snake. Also, Big Mama knew that Solidus was the body that was burned at the end of act 3 but decided to have a breakdown anyway because story. She didn't even birth him AFAIK so it's all her not willing to break kayfababy or whatever that's called.

so yeah

If you got in a horrible sword / revolver accident and lost a arm and could have one GB duders arm grafted onto your stump who would you pick? Baring in mind the possibility of their spirit gaining control of the rest of your body?

follow me on this:

So Ocelot loses part of his arm during MGS1. Now, as i said before, ocelot has first hand (no pun intended) experience with robo arms because he hangs out with his ultimate man crush, Big Boss, in MGSV. Also, if PW is anything to go by, robo arms have been a thing since the 70s in the MGS universe.

so, when liquid dies, he gets his arm grafted onto himself before the events of MGS2. During the end of the tanker sequence of MGS2, you see that liquid comes alive and takes over ocelot. This is actually happening and not part of the hypnosis stuff that happens later. As an aside, when Snake gets out of the tanker himself and Otacon drop off liquid's body (minus an arm of course) in the wreckage of the tanker so as to fool people into thinking snake died during that event.

Fast forward to MGS4 and Ocelot has had Liquid's arm removed but decides to keep the whole liquid-is-taking-over thing going. He had to have it removed because that whole thing where liquid would possess his body got kinda annoying, you know? Hence his having a robo arm at the end of MGS4.

Now, remember Liquid's body? Well apparently someone picked up whatever the fuck was left of it after soaking in the hudson river for who knows how long and losing an arm and being persevered by crazy people for a few years and used it and parts of solidus's body to reassemble BB. I'm guessing they took Solidus's vocal cords because BB sounds just like him and not like Solid snake. Also, Big Mama knew that Solidus was the body that was burned at the end of act 3 but decided to have a breakdown anyway because story. She didn't even birth him AFAIK so it's all her not willing to break kayfababy or whatever that's called.

so yeah

I imagine Ocelot retrieved the whole body and just not his arm.

Also... Liquid in the Hudson River?

I imagine Ocelot retrieved the whole body and just not his arm.

Also... Liquid in the Hudson River?
liquid had a hard death

Afterwards, Revolver Ocelot informed Solidus Snake that Liquid had wrongly believed himself to be the inferior one right until his death.[14] Solidus had Liquid's body recovered, and the right arm transplanted onto Ocelot, replacing the one he had lost to the Cyborg Ninja. Afterwards, Liquid's corpse was put into cold storage.[15]

Meanwhile, Liquid's corpse was stolen by Solid Snake to fake his own death in 2007[15] and eventually ended up interred and later exhumed for DNA testing, which was mistakenly used to verify Snake's death in 2009.[16] By 2007, Liquid's personality had been implanted into Revolver Ocelot's mind. However, the presence of Liquid's transplanted arm resulted in an imbalance in Ocelot's psyche, resulting in Liquid manifesting sporadically. Liquid's personality presumably achieved full control over Ocelot's mind in 2009.

Solid Snake went on a sneaking mission to steal liquid's body in case he needed to pretend to be dead at some point. Hell of a card to have up your sleeve

The Peace Walker movie session is one of those times where I'm unsure how copyright/fair-use/whatever works. We're watching for Drew's and Dan's experience and commentary over it, while they're watching something performed, cut together/edited, from a game that a 3rd party produced.

Does the Peace Walker super-cut belong to Konami, or to the guy who played through and edited the material? Then again, that individual didn't add any extra commentary, but then... but...

Another-Topic: I like the idea of deterrence being the main theme of PW. I think it's a fascinating concept. I wish more modern media explored it, but maybe we're in a new age.

So Ocelot retrived the body again? Is not like they want Big Boss genetic information out there, thats why Snake, Solidus and Liquid were infertile.

the last we know about Liquid is that he was used, along with solidus, to create Frankenstein big boss that you see at the end of MGS4. The wiki says that BIg Mama was behind the BB reassembly, i don't know how aware ocelot was of this given he was batshit crazy in MGS4.

like i said, liquid had a hard death

the last we know about Liquid is that he was used, along with solidus, to create Frankenstein big boss that you see at the end of MGS4.

like i said, he had a hard death

As ridiculous it is, doesn't contradic the logic that Liquid and Solidus bodies are important on their own and people that knew about the SOP inner workings would probably want them.

Jintor

The Peace Walker movie session is one of those times where I'm unsure how copyright/fair-use/whatever works. We're watching for Drew's and Dan's experience and commentary over it, while they're watching something performed, cut together/edited, from a game that a 3rd party produced.

Does the Peace Walker super-cut belong to Konami, or to the guy who played through and edited the material? Then again, that individual didn't add any extra commentary, but then... but...

Another-Topic: I like the idea of deterrence being the main theme of PW. I think it's a fascinating concept. I wish more modern media explored it, but maybe we're in a new age.

I just picked up the book Command and Control on amazon on recommendation. Might be worth looking into. (Sorry, linking is hard on mobile)

Megasoum

Banned

I just picked up the book Command and Control on amazon on recommendation. Might be worth looking into. (Sorry, linking is hard on mobile)

Yes! I'm reading Command and Control right now and I love it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C5R7F8G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Deadpool just breaks the traditional rules of comic book characters and narratives in a funny way. It's not for everyone. Personally, the best thing about that character is his Marvel vs Capcom 3 incarnation.

edit: Ha, glad we agree

Jamie OD

Deadpool just breaks the traditional rules of comic book characters and narratives in a funny way. It's not for everyone. Personally, the best thing about that character is his Marvel vs Capcom 3 incarnation.

edit: Ha, glad we agree

He also broke out during a time when a lot of Marvel's other heroes and storylines were too serious for their own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom