• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Peace Walkers story doesnt seem very good aside from Hot Coldman being named Hot Coldman. I can't believe they replaced one of the best things about MGS, crazy bosses, with a bunch of robots

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
They were interesting looking robots, though. I liked the look of that Shagohad tank in the punchbowl shaped room.

But I imagine, no personality to any of them.

Peace Walkers story doesnt seem very good aside from Hot Coldman being named Hot Coldman. I can't believe they replaced one of the best things about MGS, crazy bosses, with a bunch of robots

Well

If youre going to imitate monhun then you need soul-less monsters to grind loot from. and if the grind is for building your own metal gear then it doesn't make a lick of sense to have you kill a bisexual vamp man's father from the 70s over and over again. Makes more sense to assemble a MG from parts of other machines.

I'm not saying that's any excuse for the bossfights sucking ass, but kojima wanted to make it a coop monhun thing and that very very much sucks for solo MGS players

Its the fact each boss is a bullet sponge that takes a half hour to kill if you are playing solo which was the real kicker.

They really wanted people to play co op but it never happened.

I wonder whats up with TPP's bosses. I dont think they have mentioned it once.

Yeah, they wanted to capitalize on how popular Monster Hunter was on PSP. They just forgot the actual "hunting" part and the reason why people play Metal Gear to begin with.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Its the fact each boss is a bullet sponge that takes a half hour to kill if you are playing solo which was the real kicker.

Well it definitely won't be the same because it is not coop.

PW is Monster Hunter with its big bosses (I know) and the various areas on them that you can target to debilitate them. TPP is not that at all.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Yeah, I have no idea what kind of bosses, let alone story progression, TPP is going to have. Barely even have an idea of how it really begins.

The last E3 trailer seems to imply there is going to be a counter force outside Skullface techno zombies.

Also:
Child Liquid piloting a Metal Gear

In a daring move, TPP will take on a rogue's gallery of real-life characters in the "big" theme to commemorate Big Boss: Big Mac, Big Bird, the Notorious B.I.G., Oliver "Big O" Miller, and the Big Bopper.

Patryn

What will this thread become once they have wrung out all the Metal Gear content possible?

Readable?

Kidding.....ish

You think they'll get into Big Bo's youth? I mean he kills Snatchers for a living, makes sense to me

2151909-bigbo.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Binary domain was fucking cool they should make another one of those

I don't think I was ever annoyed by the Banjo redesign in Nuts and Bolts until I saw how adorable he is in that picture. Kazooie has the tude, not him!

Megasoum

Banned
Since the beginning I always thought that the gameplay in MGS5 looks kinda boring (mechanically well made but just generic open world bs like a Ubisoft game).... But now, because of MGScanlon I actually want to play it to see how the story will progress (and presumably conclude).

If this doesn't end up being the title then I will be super disappointed.

There will always be Metal Gear content. I'm sure Dan will find a way.

Let Drew and Jeff/Brad sit down and make Dan play through Revengeance on Very Hard or Revengeance. I would add a dollar to my sub. They suffered through Mario Party. It's only fair.

Metal Gear Dan hasn't played through Revengeance or Peace Walker?

I think his reasoning is because is difficult to him because he has to act as if he hates Raiden (while knowing that he is cool cyber ninja) as a protagonist. Also he probably thinks the story was just Platinum (when it was said KojiPro was heavy involved in that).

Hell, Revengance has better Codec conversations than MGS4 and Peacewalker.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Giant Bomb #16 | We're not part of your weird asshole thing

Speaking of this, the best suggestion for a title thus far, I need that rocket league rubber match. Hopefully gbwest get some team practice in to make it more competitive, but gbeast will still win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom