• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Yeah it's pretty brutal to watch. It was really good back in the west offices when they were playing other shit while vinny was failing over and over but now it's just a slog

Yeah, if there was a GBE equivalent of UPF then they could have Vinny in the background and cut to him intermittently meaning we get progress but also content, but alas there is no such thing...

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Playing Peacewalker and you know what? fuck this game. I'm glad Drew and Dan didn't go through this bullshit. The torture scene might be the worst thing I've ever seen in any game. I physically could not do it. There are three bursts of torture with one shared health bar and no goddamn fucking checkpoints. Watching Drew do this would only be marginally worse than playing it. Not to mention the shitty shitty robot fights.

Xater

I hope the GB crew will check out Hylics: http://mason-lindroth.itch.io/hylics

nDDrT1.gif

Game-2015-08-12-13-09-55-520.png

tchocky

Playing Peacewalker and you know what? fuck this game. I'm glad Drew and Dan didn't go through this bullshit. The torture scene might be the worst thing I've ever seen in any game. I physically could not do it. There are three bursts of torture with one shared health bar and no goddamn fucking checkpoints. Watching Drew do this would only be marginally worse than playing it. Not to mention the shitty shitty robot fights.

Speaking of torture scenes is MGS4 the only game in the series that doesn't have one, unless I am forgetting one somewhere in the game.

I say they save scum their way to the end of Castlevania 3 so they can finally move on. The next Castlevanias are the peak of the franchise:

Castlevania 4
Dracula X
Symphony
Circle of the Moon
Harmony
Aria

I hope they do the GBA ones.

Zaph

I say they save scum their way to the end of Castlevania 3 so they can finally move on. The next Castlevanias are the peak of the franchise:

Castlevania 4
Dracula X
Symphony
Circle of the Moon
Harmony
Aria

I hope they do the GBA ones.

Surely they haven't committed to playing all them, have they? The feature needs to die, it's awful.

Speaking of torture scenes is MGS4 the only game in the series that doesn't have one, unless I am forgetting one somewhere in the game.

Torture scenes were replaced with 50 scenes of Old Snake coughing his fucking lungs out interspersed through out the game.

Real Answer, the microwave hallway was the torture scene of MGS4. Even had to mash a button a ridiculous number of times.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
y'all need my patented button mashing technique of alternating thumbs

I wonder If Dan knows about that twitch channel that only streams Metal Gear Solid games (story marathons and regular playthroughs on extreme difficulty).
I watched them for 2-3 years now I highly recommend it to anyone that likes the games and wants to know every bit of the story.
CMe8skaUkAEr0x1.png:large

Stop posting about that MGS crap
Kappa

yami4ct

VinnyVania is the best feature. For garbage features please see Mario Party or East vs West.

I think I like pretty much all the recurring features. They all have their own unique charm. The Rocket League one might be the weakest. Game is not really set up well to spectate at this point and the game is so concentration heavy that it just leads to boring trash talk for an hour. With only 2 episodes, I'm not sure I'd count it as a regular feature yet, though.

Well shit, let's get to that. The games so far have been tedious as hell.

I prefer Bloodlines personally, but it's a bit tougher. Still, both are MUCH easier than the NES iterations. It's a shame that CV3 is so crushingly difficult in unfair ways because the actual mechanic of switching characters was such an amazing concept at the time.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I really hope they do castlevania 64

I remember that game being a real fucker, especially the part where you have to carry the explosive. Maybe it's not as difficult as I remember as a kid though

As much as I loved Metal Gear Scanlon, I'm ready to put it to bed after Ground Zeroes. We need to bring back some old Premium features. Or some new ones! Just something different, Premium content has been samey for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom