• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CMtsQriWEAA2Dee.jpg

Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann 4m minutes ago

Multitasking.

Looks like Dan has another world record to add to his collection. Saying the highest amount of incorrect things in a 3 hour period. It wouldn't be MGScanlon without it though so I won't complain.

Anyone know what kind of embargo there is on Mario Maker? Nintendo games often have stupid ones where you can publish a review like two weeks in advance but video on the release date.

yami4ct

oh that's what that is. i was wondering why he was playing Dead Space

also that looks like a bunch of the gamecube mario party mics on his desk

As someone who owns said mics, yep. Those are definitely it. Probably getting them ready for the future as we still have to get 4 and 5 out of the way. Sure hope MPP4 is coming soon.

Its typical you know. I spent all that time moaning and trying to get the Peace Walker episode to play from GB and when I finally get it to work, I ended up falling asleep for half of it!

daydream

Banned
Anyone know what kind of embargo there is on Mario Maker? Nintendo games often have stupid ones where you can publish a review like two weeks in advance but video on the release date.

jeremy parish is putting up daily mario maker videos for usgamer starting today so i doubt there's a video embargo. maybe for the pack-in levels but they've shown so much of the editor already that i can't imagine it being embargoed (i mean, it's definitely not embargoed but i don't think they're limiting video time, either)

Yeah I completely lost interest about 10 minutes into the Peace Walker video, amazing how much of a difference it makes when nobody is actually playing.

Annoyingly I have a yet-to-be-played copy of Ground Zeroes sat next to me but I refuse to play it until I have a good handle on the lead-up story I'M SO CONFLICTED.

Yeah I completely lost interest about 10 minutes into the Peace Walker video, amazing how much of a difference it makes when nobody is actually playing.

Annoyingly I have a yet-to-be-played copy of Ground Zeroes sat next to me but I refuse to play it until I have a good handle on the lead-up story I'M SO CONFLICTED.

just watch it. While i think PW is a great game until the post credit grind kicks in I dont fault anyone for skipping it so close to the release of TPP.

But Ground Zeroes is a sequel ass sequel to Peace Walker. Not one of those "oh you dont have to play the last one at all" sequels, i mean GZ is as sequel as sequels get in regards to the characters and story.

justjim89

This gif just makes me cry because I found out today Key and Peele are stopping their show.

I loved the PW video. I got nearly a 3rd through it last year playing on an emulator, but the boss fights were awful and hearing all the extra crap you have to do to get the full ending was just discouraging.

Also, Dan is really overthinking the phone call, it was Kaz. And the coma thing. Big Boss didn't have to be in a coma when they took his DNA from him for the cloning. Just make up some bogus excuse for a medical test or something get his swimmers in a jar and ship them off to Zero.

I hope they do Ground Zeroes on the Metal Gear Scanlon anniversary.

It is? Completely missed that. When did that get announced? They doing it at their offsite venue, because I doubt a PAX Panel space would accommodate something that absurdly long?

Either way, awesome!
@DanRyckert said:
Giant Bomb's Mario Party Party 5 will be conducted LIVE on stage at one of our PAX events at The Parlor in Seattle. More details to come!
Link

Volotaire

Some people have been streaming the game. Odd NDA's are already in place too. Apparently, you cannot show select custom Mario characters (the skins you can unlock in Super Mario Maker).

When you proceed to play 10/100 Mario challenge it selects random online user generated levels. However, because you do not know what the level is, its layout and what may come out of the question block, it becomes very easy to break the NDA and accidentally hit a costume block..

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Vinnyvania might be the worst current feature. GBEast do their best to make it entertaining but it has just become torturous. It doesn't help that I don't like the series at all, mind.

LiK

I'm finding it really entertaining, I'm enjoying seeing how much the level designers hated anyone playing the game.

i just hope they finish it so they could move on to Super Castlevania IV. lol

Vinnyvania might be the worst current feature. GBEast do their best to make it entertaining but it has just become torturous. It doesn't help that I don't like the series at all, mind.

it started out good because they were enjoying it but III is so hard that they're not having fun anymore. i think Vinny misremembered how much he liked this one, lol

Bacon

Yeah it's pretty brutal to watch. It was really good back in the west offices when they were playing other shit while vinny was failing over and over but now it's just a slog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom