• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think I like pretty much all the recurring features. They all have their own unique charm. The Rocket League one might be the weakest. Game is not really set up well to spectate at this point and the game is so concentration heavy that it just leads to boring trash talk for an hour. With only 2 episodes, I'm not sure I'd count it as a regular feature yet, though.

Sure. I just found the videos really boring. Everybody on screen was playing so nobody was doing anything except enjoying the game. Which, I mean, great for them and all. But from the viewer's perspective, it's not any more entertaining than watching good Rocket League play.

And as for Mario Party Party, nothing good has ever come out of Mario Party. It is a black hole from which good and happiness can not escape.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I think I like pretty much all the recurring features. They all have their own unique charm. The Rocket League one might be the weakest. Game is not really set up well to spectate at this point and the game is so concentration heavy that it just leads to boring trash talk for an hour. With only 2 episodes, I'm not sure I'd count it as a regular feature yet, though.

There's a new spectator cam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8qt0cHldI

Not so sure on Rocket League, but I'd really hope that "Us vs. Them" becomes a regular feature.

Edit: BOIII (great acronym) beta unfinished could be cool. I got burned by AW on PC, mabye BOIII will be better? I dunno. I can think of a lot of better ways to spend $60 this fall.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sure. I just found the videos really boring. Everybody on screen was playing so nobody was doing anything except enjoying the game. Which, I mean, great for them and all. But from the viewer's perspective, it's not any more entertaining than watching good Rocket League play.

And as for Mario Party Party, nothing good has ever come out of Mario Party. It is a black hole from which good and happiness can not escape.

But if they can't escape wouldn't that mean that it contains the good and happiness all that much better?

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
looking at the comments of Metal Gear Scanlon videos is so weird

like how can anyone take a series with so much cornball nonsense so seriously lol

Ehhhhhh.... I like IV, but there's still III, and the Sharp x68000 game that was released on PS1 as Castlevania Chronicles, and Rondo of Blood, and Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth which is actually great.

By far might have been a bit strong, but out of the games I've played I'd still say IV is the strongest with Rondo of Blood just behind it. Unfortunately I never played Chronicles or Rebirth, though seeing as Chronicles is on PSN I might just give that a shot. Regardless we're getting to the point where VinnyVania should start covering better Castlevania games.

I think at most we'll get one more Rocket League video and then the next Us vs Them would be a different game.

Yeah I think Us. vs. Them is almost the most promising feature, they have a lot of options of where to go with it. Hopefully they don't always feel like they have to all be playing at the same time, depending on the game you could just have a 1 vs. 1 going with some of the others coaching or providing commentary.

- J - D -

They need to bring in a Dave Lang to provide color commentary or something, because Us vs. Them as it is now for me is background noise while I work kind of material.

But then again, aside from fighting games, I don't usually cotton to watching competitive video game streams.

alr1ght

Big Jeffrey is probably going to be sitting at the matchmaking screen the entire time. I guess only media and youtube celebrities have access. Wide release is tomorrow.

alr1ght

I'm surprised Activision hasn't started on their CoD HD Collections yet. I'd probably be interested enough for MW1/2 on PS4.

The games are all very similar and what I hear from COD fans, those games are much better than the new ones. They don't want to cannibalize new sales.

Dragon

Banned
Don't cover one of the most popular games in the world.

But I agree that I rarely find multiplayer anything very entertaining.

So no one could complain about them covering Dota (didn't watch one Daily Dota!) or League of Legends either? Come on. It's perfectly okay to say you're not interested in CoD.

I'm surprised Activision hasn't started on their CoD HD Collections yet. I'd probably be interested enough for MW1/2 on PS4.

Every time I see someone ask for an HD collection of a relatively modern game, I want to shake them and say "Play games on PC! Games age like fine wine, looking better every time you upgrade!"

jgminto

The games are all very similar and what I hear from COD fans, those games are much better than the new ones. They don't want to cannibalize new sales.

I think they're different enough at this point with the movement options that it wouldn't totally destroy their userbase. They are better though.

edit: Also a collection might bring in more players who have fallen off recently, the people who just want the hot new game will still want the hot new game.

daydream

Banned
I haven't played a CoD game since Modern Warfare Reflex for the Wii. I still don't feel like I've missed much.

you have not

jeff talking about how the movement options in aw made it a different game during the gotycasts had me actually looking forward a bit to that inevitable night of playing the latest cod at a friend's place, and, well

let's just say i got a good smile out of it when it quickly dawned on me that, nope, this is still generic ass cod and jeff just really likes cod

CMuXenbVEAA8eZP.png:large

Giant Bomb GOTY conversation just became 4 hours longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom