• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Drew should play Revengeance. It's not that hard and being able to slice through Geckos and even RAYs is cathartic as FUCK after MGS2 and 4.

Also.

RULES
OF
NATURE

That is why Big Boss is just as evil-He saw himself above governments and loyalties to them. He saw himself above ideologies and beliefs. In doing so creating his own. It's ironic in the purest sense of the word. In doing so he created his own ideology and beliefs and spread them to his followers, even if they were created unknowingly.

Zero wanted total control. Big Boss wanted to be above everything and a force to be reckoned that they could control war as they sought fit, to choose who they want to be the victor or to be brought out to do so. Both two sides of a coin, different ways of achieving, but despite that just as evil since they're both from the same branch, so to speak.

I still think that Big Boss is not "evil" the way you say, because he's no more evil that the governments of the world. He may be misguided, but he doesn't do things the way Cipher would. Cipher's organization was fine doing things like human experiments on people like Gray Fox. They were more literally evil in the sense that they didn't care about the humans involved in their activities. Big Boss did not believe in world domination, or sacrificing lives for the "greater good"

LiK

I played some Reveangance last night. It was kind of boring. Not a whole lot there combat system wise.

how far did you get? the beginning is just tutorial stuff. you need to start unlocking moves/weapons. also, play on Hard if you wanna be truly challenged.

boring? pfft

Guy had no problem employing child soldiers for no good at all though.

If you're referring to MG2 Solid Snake, I don't know the narrative enough to know where those child soldiers came from, but I feel like when you look like a character like Chico, you can't really blame him. In the case of Chico, he seemed like he thought he was doing good, by helping out basically an orphaned child who's known nothing but war, to put their skills towards something productive, and not waste their life.

Using child soldiers is unethical, sure, but I don't think he wanted to just breed children strictly for war, or take children away from loving homes so they can fight like a war monger would do. He took in children who had no homes because they were devastated by war.

Again, not "evil" intentions I think, just misguided.

how far did you get? the beginning is just tutorial stuff. you need to start unlocking moves. also, play on Hard if you wanna be truly challenged.

Playing on Normal. I just beat the first real level (the one with the lady cyborg who uses the handbot guys from MGS4 as weapons). I can't imagine that mechanically there will be much else on the horizon.

CMvACgHUcAAwaJj.png:large

https://twitter.com/minion_navarro

Best account.

About 40 minutes into the Peace Walker video and i'm pretty uninterested. Does it pick up at all?

Kinda, near the very end. It's not the most interesting MGS story, but it's vital to Ground Zeroes which is kind of a problem.

Even though it was done a lot better in Peace Walker than it was in Portable Ops, the problem I have with those handheld games is how cutscenes are done. It's tolerable in Peace Walker, but again...I appreciate how Kojima had made the series basically an interactive movie. I'm a fan of movies though, not radio, and not comic books.

I've said a lot about Kojima's shakey writing, but he's pretty good at writing broken characters. I was really surprised about how completely broken down Snake was in MGS4, and Big Boss's inability to handle Boss' death in Peace Walker is surprisingly well-handeled too!

jeremy parish is putting up daily mario maker videos for usgamer starting today so i doubt there's a video embargo. maybe for the pack-in levels but they've shown so much of the editor already that i can't imagine it being embargoed (i mean, it's definitely not embargoed but i don't think they're limiting video time, either)
Some people have been streaming the game. Odd NDA's are already in place too. Apparently, you cannot show select custom Mario characters (the skins you can unlock in Super Mario Maker).

When you proceed to play 10/100 Mario challenge it selects random online user generated levels. However, because you do not know what the level is, its layout and what may come out of the question block, it becomes very easy to break the NDA and accidentally hit a costume block..

Thanks guys. Hoping for some cool GB content with the game!

Horrifying?

War is horrifying. I legitimately think that as far as portraying something horrible goes, Kojima is going to hit his master piece with TPP.

That's precisely my point. Dan's over here chattering about the lighting and the production values and the only thing on my mind is
a 13 year being forced to rape the girl he's fallen in love with.
It's like going on about how great the shots are composed in a Lars Van Triers movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom