• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

That's precisely my point. Dan's over here chattering about the lighting and the production values and the only thing on my mind is
a 13 year being forced to rape the girl he's fallen in love with.
It's like going on about how great the shots are composed in a Lars Van Triers movie.

Ypu're being a bit dumb. Ain't nothing wrong with saying how great MGSV looks and plays when it's completely true.

jgminto

That's precisely my point. Dan's over here chattering about the lighting and the production values and the only thing on my mind is
It's like going on about how great the shots are composed in a Lars Van Triers movie.

How would they know about what happens in the collectables of the game? Little of the actually confronting stuff is in the Ground Zeroes mission.

The game looks great. It's like saying a film like Schindler's List has beautiful cinematography, that isn't meaning to take away from the severity it portrays.

Ypu're being a bit dumb. Ain't nothing wrong with saying how great MGSV looks and plays when it's completely true.

I find it dumb that one wouldn't find it off-putting for anyone to be giddy about the prospect of playing/watching a game that contains child rape. One should approach such material with a level of solemnity that is not on display here.

I don't remember the cinematography being particularly impressive in the one von trier film i've seen

but im just sayin

Jintor

I find it dumb that one wouldn't find it off-putting for anyone to be giddy about the prospect of playing/watching a game that contains child rape. One should approach such material with a level of solemnity that is not on display here.

It's not as if they know that going in. At least I don't think they do. If anyone would know, it's Dan, and Dan tends to block things out he doesn't like to hear or remember.

So they should be solemn and sad for the whole playthrough. Got it.

Zocano

It's been a series known for weird hodge podge mix of LOOK HOW DEEP AND SERIOUS I AM to Pants Pooping Flying Psychic Ghost Men. You can see it as somewhat juvenile to try and juxtapose both (and I would tend to agree) but to act distraught about it is weird to me.

It's been a series known for weird hodge podge mix of LOOK HOW DEEP AND SERIOUS I AM to Pants Pooping Flying Psychic Ghost Men. You can see it as somewhat juvenile to try and juxtapose both (and I would tend to agree) but to act distraught about it is weird to me.

it's almost like kojima wanted to do different things but some corporate entity was shackling him to one series with a ton of tonal baggage.

Zocano

it's almost like kojima wanted to do different things but some corporate entity was shackling him to one series with a ton of tonal baggage.

I would say that's stretching things a bit far. Seems very intentional and a large motif across the whole series to have both parts.

That is implied in an optional post-game cassette tape. I'd imagine Dan isn't aware of it.

Also, I think you should be allowed to appreciate a game on a technical level, even if the story that follows is considered to be reprehensible. It should be easy to separate the two.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
38HBQz7.png

lol at their faces

Bacon

Sounds like you're looking for a different website

I would say that's stretching things a bit far. Seems very intentional and a large motif across the whole series to have both parts.

it's definitely on a completely different level in ground zeroes. I don't think the series has gotten so overtly grim and horrific before.

Sounds like you're looking for a different website

No, a Metal Gear:
Austin
Walker video would address that stuff. But seeing as how Metal Gear Dan strikes again when he admits to not having listened to most of the optional tapes then this is a moot discussion anyway.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Everyone was so worried that the guys doing MPP live would ruin the self loathing and mutual hatred they passive aggressively harbor for each other at around hour 3 would be lost due to the live atmosphere.

Do 100 turns and not only do you get all that, but hopefully you get the crowd to start turning on each other. I mean most likely.

It'll be great.

No, a Metal Gear:
Austin
Walker video would address that stuff. But seeing as how Metal Gear Dan strikes again when he admits to not having listened to most of the optional tapes then this is a moot discussion anyway.

Austin would probably wait until an appropriate time to bring that stuff up. So you'd be wrong on that account. But since the discussion is not going in your favor, it indeed is best of you to end this discussion :)

Austin would probably wait until an appropriate time to bring that stuff up. So you'd be wrong on that account. But since the discussion is not going in your favor, it indeed is best of you to end this discussion :)
You are being exceptionally snide here. You should probably take your own advice.

Oh man, this content. I don't know which to watch first before I pass out. Was thinking Ground Zeroes now, Black Ops III UF tomorrow, but if the BO III video is as funny as people are making it out to be it would be a terrible idea for running on a treadmill with.

Going by how flippant of a response you offered in contrast to every other poster who actually offered opinions of substance, I am not at all surprised that you don't even comprehend the point I was making.

DamnBoxes

Oh man, this content. I don't know which to watch first before I pass out. Was thinking Ground Zeroes now, Black Ops III UF tomorrow, but if the BO III video is as funny as people are making it out to be it would be a terrible idea for running on a treadmill with.

BO III and then Ground Zeroes tomorrow during your run.

Everyone was so worried that the guys doing MPP live would ruin the self loathing and mutual hatred they passive aggressively harbor for each other at around hour 3 would be lost due to the live atmosphere.

Do 100 turns and not only do you get all that, but hopefully you get the crowd to start turning on each other. I mean most likely.

It'll be great.

In case you didn't catch it, there's not really a 100 turn option in Mario Party 5. It's all lies.

jgminto

so in MGSV can you just buy a ton of suppressors? I'm assuming/hoping you can, I hated the limited suppressor usage in GZ.

You'll probably be able to upgrade the duration of each weapon's suppressor/develop other weapons with inbuilt suppressors like Peace Walker. I think you only ever had one for each weapon in PW but by the end of the game they would basically never run out.

Sure thing, boss

Yeah it lets you select a weapon load out so presumably you'll be able to buy supressors. If it's like GZ though, it might be limited to 1 supressor?

You'll probably be able to upgrade the duration of each weapon's suppressor/develop other weapons with inbuilt suppressors like Peace Walker. I think you only ever had one for each weapon in PW but by the end of the game they would basically never run out.

Well, the mission length in PW never really necessitated more than a handful of shots anyway, so it was kind of understandable there. If you're running around in an open world like TPP it might get a little difficult.

GB needs to release less content. I'd rather sit and watch GB stuff than play video games myself.

Well, the mission length in PW never really necessitated more than a handful of shots anyway, so it was kind of understandable there. If you're running around in an open world like TPP it might get a little difficult.

GB needs to release less content. I'd rather sit and watch GB stuff than play video games myself.

You can call for supplies luckily in a mission. Might lower your ranking though.

jgminto

You'll also just be able to call in new weapons with supply drops so you'll be able to get new suppressors in the field.

hamchan

The medic in Ground Zeroes is the real protagonist of The Phantom Pain. He is the third man in the hospital and is the one who goes through the dream sequences.

Jeff doesn't think the hospital sequence is in the final version of MGS5, what?

The preview event he went to, he mentioned that going to the menu and pressing the start game or w/e sent him straight to the desert/afghanistan.(I think Dan did mention that it might just be a preview build)

I hate Skullface and hope there's some contrived twist that removes him from Phantom Pain early on.

The medic in Ground Zeroes is the real protagonist of The Phantom Pain. He is the third man in the hospital and is the one who goes through the dream sequences.

There's some fuckery going on with the medic; he's also voiced by Kiefer Sutherland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom