• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You grow out of metal.

But you also grow out of hip hop so yknow

Kinda what happened to me. Used to be heavy into metal, especially death and black metal, but then I slowly drifted to punk, then to indie, and now just electronic, hip hop and some pop. Mellowed out with age I guess.

Still would throw down to some opeth, deftones and ulver. Ayreon will always be part of my playlist because they're so much goddamn fun.

Scizzy

Just finished Batman's story. What a fucking incredible game.

My GOTY so far.

Now to 100% it...hmmm

I loved the game and thought about going for the platinum, but I don't think I can handle some of the more tedious parts of the main story again during new game plus.

Rainmaker

Banned
Kinda what happened to me. Used to be heavy into metal, especially death and black metal, but then I slowly drifted to punk, then to indie, and now just electronic, hip hop and some pop. Mellowed out with age I guess.

Still would throw down to some opeth, deftones and ulver. Ayreon will always be part of my playlist because they're so much goddamn fun.

Deftones and SOAD are two bands that have always stuck with me. I know SOAD gets lumped into "nu-metal" a lot and gets a lot of shit but I still find their stuff super interesting and cathartic at times. Opeth is great too. Anyway, Deftones' White Pony is one of the very very few albums I can stick on and listen all of the way through.

Arkham Knight was super enjoyable. I thought I would be tired of the Batman game feel but I genuinely enjoyed almost every moment of it except for some of the Batmobile stuff. Story was better than I was expecting as well

Every Batman game since Asylum I really enjoy and then think I will go for the 100% completion but give up pretty quick.

So much riddler trophy bloat in City and Origins.

Yeah I bought it on PC but it was unplayable (10-15fps when in the batmobile) so I gave up and played it on PS4 instead (thankfully I got a free copy).

Yeah, mine was free as well with my 970. I briefly considered trading it to my friend for his dirt rally code, but I figured AK was gonna get some GOTY consideration so I might as well play it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Deftones and SOAD are two bands that have always stuck with me. I know SOAD gets lumped into "nu-metal" a lot and gets a lot of shit but I still find their stuff super interesting and cathartic at times. Opeth is great too. Anyway, Deftones' White Pony is one of the very very few albums I can stick on and listen all of the way through.

Arkham Knight was super enjoyable. I thought I would be tired of the Batman game feel but I genuinely enjoyed almost every moment of it except for some of the Batmobile stuff. Story was better than I was expecting as well

SOAD and deftones are actually the first bands that got me into music.

Also holy shit is that sonic in trackmania?

Brashnir

You guys, I fell down a deep Youtube hole of unusual musicians, and came across Derek Paravincini. The man is a true musical genius, with an understanding of theme, improvisational ability, and an ability so far beyond any musical savant I've ever seen. A true wonder of human capability.

Watch him play random songs here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpIigV7-kJk

Or a documentary about him here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbqjxmTNivQ

I'm sure he's already familiar to at least a few of you, but if he's not, you owe yourself a moment to listen to him play.

bonus videogame-related song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4B6eB6shA

daydream

Banned
5QnjDoF.jpg

"and to your left, later minions overlord a. navarro in his (comparably tame) youth"

MaxiLive

Trackmania was a lot of fun :D

I was the Daytona car if anyone was a watching, I could only be around for the first hour though due to it be rather late in the UK.

There's a weird chirp in the Trackmania video at 1:18:08, and I could swear I heard the same sound during the Old Game Show or Bradborne video earlier this week. It's the kind of sound that makes me paranoid about my fire alarms.
Trackmania was a lot of fun :D

I was the Daytona car if anyone was a watching, I could only be around for the first hour though due to it be rather late in the UK.
You got a Jeff shoutout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom