• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

I completely agree with Alex. I have a few gaming mice, and honestly it wasn't worth the money. Sure some of the stuff is decent, but I would never say its a "must have". I'll take my trackball mouse for normal day to day stuff and a regular mouse for gaming any day of the week over a $150 gaming mouse.

You don't need to spend that much. Spend £10-£20 on a mouse that has a few extra additional side buttons. Hey presto, your experience is enhanced. Moreover, browsing experience on the web is enhanced.

Xater

You don't need to spend that much. Spend £10-£20 on a mouse that has a few extra additional side buttons. Hey presto, your experience is enhanced. Moreover, browsing experience on the web is enhanced.

Yeah why spend that much money? I have always been a big fan of the Logitech 400 series. G400, MX400 and now the G4002. They are not expensive, have extra side buttons and adjustable DPI which is really handy at times. They also feel really nice in my hand and have the right weight for me. Bought the newest model for 30€.

daydream

Banned
someone in the current trackmania turbo gameplay thread said there'd be no custom servers on either the console or pc version of the game

candidate for biggest disappointment of the year incoming if true

Xater

someone in the current trackmania turbo gameplay thread said there'd be no custom servers on either the console or pc version of the game

Yeah I hope they lay out soon how that shit is going to work. If I can just connect to Nadeo servers with official tracks I want not part of that. Random tracks are also no good. I need crazy bullshit created by users and best case scenario never see a track twice.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I've had a razer lachesis for about 5 years, and an intellimouse 3.0 before that. The cheap labtec mouse I bought from argos in my teens is still one of the best mouseses I ever played competitively with, but that might also be because I was playing a lot more competitively in my teens, too.

Haunted

They're making so many poor decisions with this stuff, Nadeo really fucked up.

Myggen

I think the last two weeks of the Bombcast has been superior to the last two weeks of the Beastcast. The deeper discussions on the Beastcast haven't really done much for me yet, I like the comedy better than the actual discussions so far. Still probably my second favourite podcast I listen to, and I like how the format doesn't just make it a Bombcast v2.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Actually one thing I realized is that the beastcast is filling the gap that the idlethumbs left in me. Really couldn't get into the new thumbs but the beastcast is filling that gap of intelligent discussion and irreverent humor that center around games. It's been awhile since I listened but the new thumbs just don't seem to care about games all that much anymore.

Myggen

Actually one thing I realized is that the beastcast is filling the gap that the idlethumbs left in me. Really couldn't get into the new thumbs but the beastcast is filling that gap of intelligent discussion and irreverent humor that center around games.

Yeah, I stopped listening to IT a few months ago too.

I actually don't listen to gaming podcasts anymore outside of the GB ones. Tried the Jim Sterling one, but couldn't get into it. Listen to a ton of comedy podcasts and some Grantland podcasts.

Red UFO

Last night's UPF was good.

You guys need to learn to chill out, a bit weird how intense you get over it.

invisibility.gif

Kelas

Yeah I just switched it off when I realised I wasn't into it.

I'm interested to see if they make any changes to upf when they set up their new set

Kelas

It's time to capitalise on that good will and start up a second ny podcast

Kelas

Giant Bomb Anime minute.

I have very little interest in anime but i'd listen

the punkalar cast (dedicated to puns and punk)

the alucard journals (vampire diaries fan podcast feat. tv guide lady)

the giant minioncast (self-explanatory)

oh I forgot about her! They actually should try to get her on something because she seemed cool

Kelas

Maybe a music podcast! music provided by guitar virtuoso vincent

DDgChr0.gif

Myggen

Ever wonder what the site would be like if Dan didn't join or they weren't able to accommodate Vinny?

I mean Jeff can only do so much.

Impossible to know, they'd probably hire 2-3 other people. So many what if's that it's useless to speculate about, really.

Xater

]I think the last two weeks of the Bombcast has been superior to the last two weeks of the Beastcast.[/B] The deeper discussions on the Beastcast haven't really done much for me yet, I like the comedy better than the actual discussions so far. Still probably my second favourite podcast I listen to, and I like how the format doesn't just make it a Bombcast v2.

No way! Beastcast all the way.

hamchan

I think the last two weeks of the Bombcast has been superior to the last two weeks of the Beastcast. The deeper discussions on the Beastcast haven't really done much for me yet, I like the comedy better than the actual discussions so far. Still probably my second favourite podcast I listen to, and I like how the format doesn't just make it a Bombcast v2.

Disagree, opinions and all that. I think the Beastcast beats the Bombcast in energy, comedy, and intelligent discussion. Basically nearly every facet.

daydream

Banned
Just saw this, if it's true then that's real dumb.

someone posted a source (basically a transcript of a livestream in q&a form) from the steam forums

they fucked up big time. i like the racing mechanics well enough but they're specifically tuned in a way to accomodate navigating through these crazy ass tracks that nadeo themselves won't ever make

not to mention the soundtrack will take a huge hit

someone posted a source (basically a transcript of a livestream in q&a form) from the steam forums

they fucked up big time. i like the racing mechanics well enough but they're specifically tuned in a way to accomodate navigating through these crazy ass tracks that nadeo themselves won't ever make

not to mention the soundtrack will take a huge hit

Yeah, the mechanics are enjoyable but they don't really come into their element until you're playing on the really dumb user created tracks. I dunno, maybe they'll do it properly at some point but I won't get my hopes up.

Kelas

Disagree, opinions and all that. I think the Beastcast beats the Bombcast in energy, comedy, and intelligent discussion. Basically nearly every facet.

VMYnyxK.jpg

bombcast is still worth a listen, just not a priority for me anymore

So why fucking call it Trackmania

Glad that Austin gets Dragon Ball Super. Seen people complaining that nothing's happening. Naw, it's just slice-of-life, ain't it.

Actually I'm a little curious, since it appears to take place before the last movie, to see where it goes. Goku driving a shitty tractor was the best.

Vinny explains the plot of Neon Genesis Evangelion in 2 minutes.

I was impressed he got DBZ but there's no way.

Kelas

They should call it Ubisoft Strikes Again

Mania

Jintor

Actually one thing I realized is that the beastcast is filling the gap that the idlethumbs left in me. Really couldn't get into the new thumbs but the beastcast is filling that gap of intelligent discussion and irreverent humor that center around games. It's been awhile since I listened but the new thumbs just don't seem to care about games all that much anymore.

You might be right, on reflection, and that's kind of depressing

/not that the beastcast is filling the gap, more that there is a gap in the first place.

daydream

Banned
^gaming's greatest visionaries, together at last

anyway, jumping into the gb server for the free hour or so they're granting me

Kelas

sounds like a test drive unlimited to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom