• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC probably probably cant handle Trackmania Turbo but is there a shitty dubstep remixes + random Cher song playlist on Spotify I can use while playing on PS4 to somehow get a good experaince

If not someone should get on that.

i thought the first 48h were free followed by one hour of play per day? did that change?

If you look in the upper right corner on startup, you'll note that it says unlimited trial until september. I ended up buying it because I suspect I'll be playing this even after Turbo comes out.

Myggen

I hope Vinny finds a better way to use the whole screen during live streams. Watching VinnyVania now and there's so much empty space on the left side of the screen.

Impossible to know, they'd probably hire 2-3 other people. So many what if's that it's useless to speculate about, really.

Its not about just having people, but the right people. Dan really was a breath of fresh air to the SF office and replaced Vinnys insanity with his lunacy. And Vinny is probably 50% of the reason I follow Giant Bomb.

Just saying I don't know if I would still be as invested if they had lost Vinny and Dan didn't come around.

Xater

CJoYPTJVAAEnLdZ.jpg

I hope Swery makes it to Gamescom, then it will be my goal to get a picture with him. Last year I got one with Kojima when I went out of the MGSV presentation early because I had to get to another appointment.

Myggen

Its not about just having people, but the right people. Dan really was a breath of fresh air to the SF office and replaced Vinnys insanity with his lunacy. And Vinny is probably 50% of the reason I follow Giant Bomb.

Just saying I don't know if I would still be as invested if they had lost Vinny and Dan didn't come around.

Seems like a strange thought experiment either way.

What if Jeff had quit GB or CBSi hadn't bought GB? What if GB was no more!

Megasoum

Banned
I always tought that Jeff was waayyyy overly optimistic about the new Trackmania with the "It's coming to PC too anyway so whatever"....

Yeah... If they make a game for consoles first (and they are) then there's absolutely no garantee that they would do anything special with the PC Port.

Actually way more chances that the PC game will be super closed down for mod support and server stuff.

That game has all the apparences of them trying to "Go legit".

FStop7

Banned
I can kind of see where Alex was coming from regarding the mouse thing... I mean, some of that stuff sounded like the whole competitive vaping thing... it's like, once that certain set of hyper-competitive people latch onto a thing it becomes hard to like it. That said, I can totally see the value of having those extra key bindings on the mouse for use in MMOs.

And A-Striker is now the secret best Giant Bomber

furry ladyyyyyyyyy

edit: hearing them ordering disgusting taco bell is making me feel ill

Taco Bell delivery sounds like a terrible idea, exactly for the reasons that played out - soggy by the time it arrives, missing items with no recourse unless you want to call and bitch and wait another hour, etc.

Ken

I can kind of see where Alex was coming from regarding the mouse thing... I mean, some of that stuff sounded like the whole competitive vaping thing... it's like, once that certain set of hyper-competitive people latch onto a thing it becomes hard to like it. That said, I can totally see the value of having those extra key bindings on the mouse for use in MMOs.

A full set of number keys on a mouse is something I never knew I needed until I got one.

Seems like a strange thought experiment either way.

What if Jeff had quit GB or CBSi hadn't bought GB? What if GB was no more!

Its probably just because its around Dans 1yr anniversary and GB East is kind of a real unit now. Honestly wasn't sure everything would pan out so well a year ago.

demidar

A full set of number keys on a mouse is something I never knew I needed until I got one.

I should probably invest in a half-decent mouse.

I bought a shitty $5 one that was the size of my palm that I had to assume claw form to even grip.

Zaph

someone in the current trackmania turbo gameplay thread said there'd be no custom servers on either the console or pc version of the game

candidate for biggest disappointment of the year incoming if true

What the fuckity fuck. How can you fail to understand your own game in such a fundamental way?

Xater

Oh God I'm sick of the intentially shitty SyFy channel films. Bad films are only good if they're trying to be good.

I don't wan to see the film. I had to review Sharktopus and actually fell asleep because it was so boring. I didn't even bother watching the rest and just incorporated that into my review...
You must be a real talentless hack to make such a fun dumb concept boring.

Swery making a game out of this bullshit is what I could see being cool.

holy god, E-40's discography is the most intimidating I've ever seen

14 albums in the past five years and I have no idea where to start so I just end up listening to Captain Save a Hoe eight times a day

Myggen

holy god, E-40's discography is the most intimidating I've ever seen

14 albums in the past five years and I have no idea where to start so I just end up listening to Captain Save a Hoe eight times a day

E-40's output is absolutely insane, yeah, which is why it varies so much in quality.

The wet bites of fast food were sadly a big part of it. My ears. Gross.

I guess I just don't find it gross when other people eat into mics. It's always amusing to me to see how disgusted a lot of people can get by that, especially when it happens on a podcast. I remember a GAF thread about an 8-4 podcast (I think?) where people were just going crazy because they ate into a mic.

Xater

I'm just going to leave a PC game list here, so Dan can explore some more during UPF or make it a feature. I am sure he has not played most of these.

Freespace 2
Operation Flashpoint
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
No One Lives Forever 1 & 2
Outcast
Secret of Monkey Island
Day of the Tentacle
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate 2
Thief 2
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Wing Commander 3 & 4
Falcon 4.0
Comanche 4
Quake 2

Yes, it absolutely includes some of my favorite games ever. Still hope Dan will be frustrated by them because comedy gold.

Lelcar

I think the Beastcast beats the Bombcast in energy, comedy, and intelligent discussion. Basically nearly every facet.

I completely agree. There's a passion in the Beastcast that's just lacking in the Bombcast. I still listen to both of course, there's nothing better than Giant Bomb, but holy shit, the Beastcast is killing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom