• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm.

IMO, no. Actually I find him to be one of the easier monsters. Yeah he's big and scary and can fuck you up in a few hits, but his attacks are generally slow and he's very predictable based on what position on the map he's in. His subspecies (Shah Dalamadur) is a bitch though, because areas are only vulnerable when they glow red, otherwise you bounce off. Plus he attacks faster and summons meteors way more often. Do you know how to superman dive? That might be why you're having trouble.

When you face off against the giant tar dragon with explosive laserbeams and the Fatalis line, those are some real fuckers.

I know how to superman dive, no one else did :p

I know how to superman dive, no one else did :p

that'll do it!

tumblr_inline_nrahg4ZZx11qzf6t4_540.png

Just a comment and I'm sure I'm treading old ground here, but man...I've listened to and enjoyed every Beastcast so far, and I just really can't stand Alex. I try man, I really do. It's not that I dislike his opinions or what he says, but it's just his personality is so negative and he is the opposite of funny. Any time Vinny, or anyone else makes a funny comment, Alex just steps all over it and completely ruins it. Alex needs to realize that his voice doesn't always need to be heard. I mean, let Vinny host the show and talk when he directs something towards you, but you don't have to have an opinion on everything. It's really off putting.

I meant to post this after last weeks Beastcast because of the way it ended. Vinny had a hilarious line to end the episode and it would have been perfect except Alex had to come in after and make some comment that just ruined it. I love the rest of the cast, but I'm really tempted to stop listening because Alex just grates on me. I trust I'm not the only one. Again, no disrespect to Alex as a writer or whatever, but he does not have a good podcast personality and I really don't think the Beastcast can grow into anything anywhere near as big as the Bombcast if they keep him on.

I'm sorry, but if you don't find "I don't hate you, I hate what you've become" funny then there's just no hope for you as a human being :(

Alex's cynical humor can go too far really easy, but I feel like in the last couple of years he's done a real great job honing it. He's been hilarious on the last couple of Beastcasts.

Just a comment and I'm sure I'm treading old ground here, but man...I've listened to and enjoyed every Beastcast so far, and I just really can't stand Alex. I try man, I really do. It's not that I dislike his opinions or what he says, but it's just his personality is so negative and he is the opposite of funny. Any time Vinny, or anyone else makes a funny comment, Alex just steps all over it and completely ruins it. Alex needs to realize that his voice doesn't always need to be heard. I mean, let Vinny host the show and talk when he directs something towards you, but you don't have to have an opinion on everything. It's really off putting.

I meant to post this after last weeks Beastcast because of the way it ended. Vinny had a hilarious line to end the episode and it would have been perfect except Alex had to come in after and make some comment that just ruined it. I love the rest of the cast, but I'm really tempted to stop listening because Alex just grates on me. I trust I'm not the only one. Again, no disrespect to Alex as a writer or whatever, but he does not have a good podcast personality and I really don't think the Beastcast can grow into anything anywhere near as big as the Bombcast if they keep him on.

I couldn't disagree more, I'd actually say he's one of the best podcast personalties on the site, he brings a lot to the various discussions, he's really good at articulating his points and he's also hilarious.

I do appreciate that his sense of humour might not be be for everyone but I personally love it and I'm incredibly happy that he plays a bigger role in video and podcasts now.

Zornack

Alex just tries too hard sometimes. I usually like him in the Beastcast but he was going was reaching too far for jokes during the E3 stream.

Lingitiz

I like Alex but you're right in thinking that he doesn't always need to make his opinion heard. I feel like he ends up dominating the conversation. His voice is very distinctive.

ArjanN

Alex and Vinny work very well together. I've been impressed with what Alex brings to the podcast, both comedy and opinions.

Yeah, I feel especially with Vinny and Austin on the Beastcast there's a very nice balance as those two are both very positive minded, I feel on the regular bombcast there's already a bunch more negativity so when you add Alex on top of that it becomes too much.

just like there's a noticeable theme in British humor, there's definitely a particular brand of humor unique to the mid-atlantic/northeastern US, and Alex's sense of humor is exactly that. we're a very dry, dark, sarcastic people.

on the one hand i see why some people find it a turnoff; on the other, being in most places on the west coast or midwest make me want to die because nobody seems like real people

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
just like there's a noticeable theme in British humor, there's definitely a particular brand of humor unique to the mid-atlantic/northeastern US, and Alex's sense of humor is exactly that. we're a very dry, dark, sarcastic people.

on the one hand i see why some people find it a turnoff; on the other, being in most places on the west coast or midwest make me want to die because nobody seems like real people

I'm in the midwest and I can assure you that I am indeed, a real person.

That red Stygian Ziongre is insane, constant orbs and he flings from one side of the map to another in an instant

And they home in on you! And always inflict Dragonblight!

Also that east vs west comic thing looks like the person spent a day in NYC to gain their basis of information. Except for the parm cheese thing. That's 100% accurate.

Scizzy

Am I the only one who would rather have Alex host? I probably am, but I feel like Vinny's humor is only wholly unleashed when he's not the guy leading conversation.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Am I the only one who would rather have Alex host? I probably am, but I feel like Vinny's humor is only wholly unleashed when he's not the guy leading conversation.

I'd definitely be interested to hear what that would be like, and sometime in the future it'll probably happen if Vinny is out or something. I don't know if it's something Alex would really want to do though, even though I think he's really good at hosting quicklooks/bombasticas.

And they home in on you! And always inflict Dragonblight!

Also that east vs west comic thing looks like the person spent a day in NYC to gain their basis of information. Except for the parm cheese thing. That's 100% accurate.
Wouldn't be so bad of you didn't have to deal with brachs exploding green goo as well. Seems G2 is where shit gets real

Zaph

Week's like this remind me why I love Giant Bomb - can go to their website and not have to wade through a bunch of comic con bullshit I don't care about.

And Ars. Glad I subscribe to both.

Highly disagree about Alex and his "negative" energy is a good mix for the other guys especially Vinny and his antics.

His jokes are definitely a hit or miss though and there are times he will revert to the "trying hard" phase but he has usually been cool at keeping that to a minimum.

And why even bother on a podcast if your thoughts can't be heard at some point? That's fucking ridiculous.

Alex and Vinny work very well together. I've been impressed with what Alex brings to the podcast, both comedy and opinions.

Yep.

He did well while working with Patrick but i felt it was too much of them agreeing with everything :p

Alex's Gottfried on the show a few weeks ago is the best thing to come out of the Beastcast.

yea it was crazy.

Kaizer

Banned
Random question, but does anyone remember the UPF where they ended the show by leaving Alexis in the room talking to himself with the VR Headset? I remember dying of laughter when that happened.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Thanks!

EDIT: Oh man, I forgot when Vinny was still on the West Coast his UPF time was basically weekly goofy FMV games.

To pimp qlcrew.com some more, you can go to the live video section and select "FMVinny" as the highlight to get every episode that featured such insanity.

All the custom Trackmania music talk from the past week or so reminded me that (especially on PS4) you can share custom playlists from Spotify. I actually first realized this after some people said that Turbo won't be as fun on PS4 without the custom music. When I remembered that playlists can be shared, I thought of how crazy it will be with people sharing custom playlists for the game. But then I remembered that Rocket League was a game that could be a fun testing ground for that, so I created a thread to curate custom Spotify playlists for use in that game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=171625400#post171625400

I am not sure if you can use music from your personal library to make a playlist that can be shared. Maybe you can at Premium (I only have Free). If you could, someone could make the ultimate Giant Bomb mix featuring Buck Bumble and Lockdown. If someone has Spotify Premium and access to Giant Bomb's favorite tracks, could you make a playlist and see if you can share it?

Megasoum

Banned
Guys, I just watched Man of Steel for the first time because of the new Batman trailer... My god that movie is terrible.

The only good thing about it is that Richard Schiff plays in it and I'm all the way Team Toby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom