• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
Austin bringing out Macintosh Plus on the Beastcast...holy shit!

Jaw dropping moment that made me realize we are living in the year 2015.

KingKong

Normally I'd call that hyperbolic but this time it is such a glaring omission to what Trackmania is that I have to agree with you. It's shocking that they either don't understand their product well enough to realize how fundamentally damaging this move is, or understand completely and are willing to gut it for the console dollars.

I think it was pretty obvious from TM2 not being on Steam at first, trying to create their own weird in game browser, and then half assedly adding it to Steam later that they don't really understand much beyond making a fun driving experience and giving people tools to make their own tracks

Ubisoft.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
I think it was obvious from E3 that the new TrackMania would be locked down.

I admire Jeff optimism about the whole "Bah there's a PC version so whatever" but I think that the writing was on the wall about that since day 1.

Megasoum

Banned
Listening to E3 2011 Day 2, brief talk about Dan setting a Guinness world record and people at the Nos tent trying to break the record.

You seen the film they made about that at GI I assume? It's amazing, they spend like an hour showing how Dan and the other guys broke the record and then ends with 30 sec showing the NOS guys just destroying their record hahahaha.

Myggen

Also yeah, I'm legitimately shocked that Tekken x SF is still a thing. I was sure that was long dead, especially since SF x Tekken apparently underperformed for Capcom. I still think it will be interesting to see SF characters in a Tekken game, but I haven't liked a Tekken game in years so I doubt I'll buy it.

Volotaire

Phew. Attempted Champion's Road and cleared it. Great feeling. It reminds me, I hope Brad does continue 3D World at some point. I remember him being interested in the idea.

Gandie

There's no dedicated server functionality for the PC version of Trackmania Turbo, likely because it's just a port of a console game.

That's disappointing. I wish they would have gone the other way. Make it possible to set up PS4 servers via a web interface. But it's Ubi so the ongoing deconstruction of one of my favourite franchises is to be expected.

Phew. Attempted Champion's Road and cleared it. Great feeling. It reminds me, I hope Brad does continue 3D World at some point. I remember him being interested in the idea.

He'd probably be up for a Champion's Road Breaking Brad if it wasn't for the fact that he needs to unlock it first. He keeps playing the game every now and then during Extra Life and such.

I think I'm going to get terraria

maybe

I've been debating it

@_@

It's pretty great, though be aware that it's the kind of game you need to look at a wiki for.

It's also worth noting that the PC version is the version to get, I've been meaning to get back to it for a while to see the new content they've added in the updates.

It's pretty great, though be aware that it's the kind of game you need to look at a wiki for.

It's also worth noting that the PC version is the version to get, I've been meaning to get back to it for a while to see the new content they've added in the updates.

I'll never look at the wiki! Never! And I'd probably get it to have something to play while watching netflix.

Megasoum

Banned
I wonder if you have to pay if for the Guinness lady to fly to your attempt or if they actually have a budget to send people all round the world like that?

If you're already done with Minecraft and need another build your own shit fix, get Starbound instead. It's a more polished and better version of Terraria, imo.

did they ever get around to adding more stuff to it? when I got it it was mostly just "steal shit from planet, fly to other planet, steal shit there" with no real purpose

Bacon

did they ever get around to adding more stuff to it? when I got it it was mostly just "steal shit from planet, fly to other planet, steal shit there" with no real purpose

This was my experience as well. And then I heard that the devs stopped updating it and had gone silent for a long time.

So question for the GB vets, why are the endurance runs so highly regarded? Were they really that good, or was it just people enjoying the duders losing their minds to a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom