• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these things is true and the other a blatant lie.

I wonder if he assumed there was no dedicated servers due to what I said about Turbo's music on PS4. Or was there news regarding the servers? As for the music, I guess people just assumed you couldn't add your own music to the servers because PS4 doesn't have local storage for music (or maybe it's for copyright reasons), which is why I mentioned Spotify playlists as a work around.

Edit- Duh. The lie is about Drew.

FStop7

Banned
I don't know how anyone can be too critical of Alex after the part of the Beastcast about that film site that was shutting down and what it means for writers who are trying to gain traction online. It was a good listen.

That Beastcast segment and Danny's commentary on Destiny are real standouts for the year.

Rocket league is dope but I don't think I can play more then 3 matches in a sitting.

Its so damn intense in close matches and so annoying when you are getting beat because you stupid teammate blocked your shot cause your a stupid gobshit and why did you have to boost in front of a open goal like that! ghaaaaa!!!!!

Esports.

Vic Tokai

Neo Member
just like there's a noticeable theme in British humor, there's definitely a particular brand of humor unique to the mid-atlantic/northeastern US, and Alex's sense of humor is exactly that. we're a very dry, dark, sarcastic people.

on the one hand i see why some people find it a turnoff; on the other, being in most places on the west coast or midwest make me want to die because nobody seems like real people

Way late on this but too drunk to care. Stump is right on, here. As someone else who has also grown up and continues to live on the (just barely) northern half of the east coast, people from other parts of the US -- especially the west coast -- tend to come off as fake as fuck to me. My initial reaction is always, "No one is actually that polite/chipper on purpose... you're just fucking with me right now, aren't you?"

The way we do things here is we rag on you and tease you until you insult us back and we become friends, or you snap and we don't. It's up to you.

santeesioux

I like East Coast, particularly Northeast comedians a lot more than West Coast comedians even though I'm from the West Coast. The Northwest isn't particularly known for our comedians though I guess.

Rocket league is dope but I don't think I can play more then 3 matches in a sitting.

Its so damn intense in close matches and so annoying when you are getting beat because you stupid teammate blocked your shot cause your a stupid gobshit and why did you have to boost in front of a open goal like that! ghaaaaa!!!!!

Esports.

Apparently they're adding spectator stuff, whatever that means. Since it can be viewed on Twitch/U-Stream, I don't see why a built in spectator mode is really required. I got the point of them before streaming. Though, to be fair, viewing it on Twitch/U-Stream only let's you watch it from the view of one particular player. I know it won't happen, but I think it would be kind of cool if "Spectator Mode" was a mode where you sit in the stands and use VR to watch the match is if you are there.

Apparently they're adding spectator stuff, whatever that means. Since it can be viewed on Twitch/U-Stream, I don't see why a built in spectator mode is really required. I got the point of them before streaming. Though, to be fair, viewing it on Twitch/U-Stream only let's you watch it from the view of one particular player. I know it won't happen, but I think it would be kind of cool if "Spectator Mode" was a mode where you sit in the stands and use VR to watch the match is if you are there.

If it's just the Halo-esc replay save feature they have now but with live matches, oooohhhhh mannnnn...

Rocket League and Bloodborne are neck and neck for my game of the generation right now. So damn obsessed with it right now. Also close to getting the Platinum trophy.

If it's just the Halo-esc replay save feature they have now but with live matches, oooohhhhh mannnnn...

Rocket League and Bloodborne are neck and neck for my game of the generation right now. So damn obsessed with it right now. Also close to getting the Platinum trophy.

I love the love this game is getting, but am so confused why the first game, Super-Sonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, did not get the same love. And I don't mean from players, per se. It was not critically huge, but a lot of video game journalists are praising Rocket League. I think SSARPBC simply came out in the wrong era. It was a PS3 exclusive that came out when the PS3 was still reeling (2008), indies had yet to explode into the limelight, streaming (especially YouTube and Twitch) was not what it is now, there was no PS+ (the game actually did become a PS+ freebie a few years back), and finally, the title might've scared off people for whatever reason.

I love the love this game is getting, but am so confused why the first game, Super-Sonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, did not get the same love. And I don't mean from players, per se. It was not critically huge, but a lot of video game journalists are praising Rocket League. I think SSARPBC simply came out in the wrong era. It was a PS3 exclusive that came out when the PS3 was still reeling (2008), indies had yet to explode into the limelight, streaming (especially YouTube and Twitch) was not what it is now, there was no PS+ (the game actually did become a PS+ freebie a few years back), and finally, the title might've scared off people for whatever reason.

Adding to those, for me personally I was never thinking of playing online multiplayer PS3 games for most of that generation. The lack of party chat killed most of my interest, whereas with Rocket League I'm playing with friends in party chat with a solid friend list invite system. Also, the presentation of Rocket League is 100 times more appealing than in Battle-Cars.

just like there's a noticeable theme in British humor, there's definitely a particular brand of humor unique to the mid-atlantic/northeastern US, and Alex's sense of humor is exactly that. we're a very dry, dark, sarcastic people.

on the one hand i see why some people find it a turnoff; on the other, being in most places on the west coast or midwest make me want to die because nobody seems like real people

having lived on both costs, I think not being constantly cold and miserable makes for happier and therefore less dark and sarcastic people. Californians are people too!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Anyone remember what dan said about how they'd handle Peace Walker, if they continue mgs beyond 4?

Playing it now and it's pretty good. Not very challenging, and the areas are tiny, but it's getting my hopes up for the msf stuff in TPP.

Anyone remember what dan said about how they'd handle Peace Walker, if they continue mgs beyond 4?

Playing it now and it's pretty good. Not very challenging, and the areas are tiny, but it's getting my hopes up for the msf stuff in TPP.

I feel like Peace Walker would be decent for a video series since it's so easy to just do a few missions and then stop. But I feel like that also makes it not worth the effort, and it probably wouldn't be very fun to watch drew play. Too much time in the menus.

The bite-sized-ness is also what's keeping me from playing it right now because it's really the only thing I would hook my PS3 up for besides HBO GO but it's not worth the effort of plugging it in and unplugging it every time i wanna play peace walker for fifteen minutes.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I feel like Peace Walker would be decent for a video series since it's so easy to just do a few missions and then stop. But I feel like that also makes it not worth the effort, and it probably wouldn't be very fun to watch drew play. Too much time in the menus.

The bite-sized-ness is also what's keeping me from playing it right now because it's really the only thing I would hook my PS3 up for besides HBO GO but it's not worth the effort of plugging it in and unplugging it every time i wanna play peace walker for fifteen minutes.

Yeah there's an awful lot of time spent doing stuff outside of missions, then the missions aren't typically very long. Maybe they'll just recap the story stuff somehow. I'm only a few hours into the game but I already would have liked to have known some of this stuff before I played GZ.

jgminto

I think if they just did the main story missions and mandatory side missions, it would be pretty easy to mainline Peace Walker. Of course, you wouldn't have the best items but the base game isn't exactly challenging outside of a few boss battles. Also I want to see Drew's reaction to how stupid everything relating to The Boss is in PW. IT'S SO DUMB!

Been putting in the hours on the Giantbomb Trackmania server. I don't think I have heard so much amazingly bad music in such a short space of time.

Jurassic Park,.50 call sniper rifles, LMFAO and buck bumble were in my nightmares.

why must consoles ruin everything :(

Normally I'd call that hyperbolic but this time it is such a glaring omission to what Trackmania is that I have to agree with you. It's shocking that they either don't understand their product well enough to realize how fundamentally damaging this move is, or understand completely and are willing to gut it for the console dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom