• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
So question for the GB vets, why are the endurance runs so highly regarded? Were they really that good, or was it just people enjoying the duders losing their minds to a game?

The p4 er was really that good. You should watch it for yourself. Loads of hilarious moments.

Haunted

Watching Jeff's TM2 video made me want to play Stadium again.

I hop on over to Steam and am honestly shocked that Stadium is 10€ instead of being free like Nations Forever was.

gg Nadeo, you fucked it up

edit: there's a free 2 month trial with a daily play time limit, so I guess that might be an option... hrm

So question for the GB vets, why are the endurance runs so highly regarded? Were they really that good, or was it just people enjoying the duders losing their minds to a game?
There's a reason why Let's Plays are so popular.

It's fun to see someone not just play a game for a couple minutes to an hour, trying to be informative about it - viewers want to experience the whole journey together with someone else (preferably personalities they enjoy), see their reactions, their thoughts about what's happening etc etc

I hop on over to Steam and am honestly shocked that Stadium is 10€ instead of being free like Nations Forever was.

It is free. I got it from their site but I think the demo version on steam is the exact same. It will cease being free in September and you'll have to pay if you want to keep playing it.

I loved the Persona 4 ER because I marathon'd through it right after beating P4G twice and was still really high on the game. I had to see their reactions at that time.

edit: there's a free 2 month trial with a daily play time limit, so I guess that might be an option... hrm

Press the "Download Demo" button on the Steam Store Page. It's the same as the Stadium demo on the ManiaPlanet site, so it's pretty much free until September. The only limitation I've run into in the demo is that you can't customize your car's skin/horn.

Volotaire

I got far enough into 3D World to unlock the hidden character and then stopped. Is it worth finishing the post game levels?

Ah.There's three more worlds after this. Technically 1 and a half and then 3 levels (the last world) . I would say go for it since you've got that far, but the annoying part may be going back to every level and collecting all the green stars, stamps and reaching the top of the flagpole to unlock the last world. Moreover, in the the next world, half of the levels are remixed from the previous worlds (harder versions).

Ah.There's three more worlds after this. Technically 1 and a half and then 3 levels (the last world) . I would say go for it since you've got that far, but the annoying part may be going back to every level and collecting all the green stars, stamps and reaching the top of the flagpole to unlock the last world. Moreover, in the the next world, half of the levels are remixed from the previous worlds (harder versions).
I have such a backlog that I don't know if I'll ever do that but that's very interesting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People who made the upgrade to their hard drive on the PS4, should I go for 1 or 2 TBs? Keep in mind that it's my 'main' console even if I don't play it that often. And I rarely use my PC for gaming unless it's an exclusive.

I enjoyed them (P4 and DP with Jeff and Vinny), but then I had a few weeks of unemployment a couple of years ago and I just binged the ERs during that. Not sure if I could justify watching one at this point.

Deadly Premonition was a great watch because the game's extremely interesting but it's not necessarily always that fun to play.
I am very excited for this and the Trackmania 2 server stuff discussions on the upcoming Giant Bombcast.
Jeff's gonna go on one of his rants again, isn't he

People who made the upgrade to their hard drive on the PS4, should I go for 1 or 2 TBs? Keep in mind that it's my 'main' console even if I don't play it that often. And I rarely use my PC for gaming unless it's an exclusive.

if you look for deals, a 2tb shouldn't cost too much more than 1 usually, and those installs are pretty big

robotrock

Banned

The Persona 4 endurance run is very good.

It might be my favorite thing on the internet at this point. Similar to how Walter White changed over the five seasons of Breaking Bad, you see that same sort of effect with Jeff and Vinny throughout the course of a 100 hour playthrough of a JRPG that launched on the PS2 in 2008.

Highly recommended.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
if you look for deals, a 2tb shouldn't cost too much more than 1 usually, and those installs are pretty big

I just wonder how many games I'll acquire over the years that I'll actually want to go back to I guess.

I did buy an external 2tb to convert into an internal so that'll be fun. Then using the gaf guide I can ideally turn the old PS4 hard drive into a new external for my Wii U so win win.

In anticipation of Dancing All Night I've recently fallen back down the black hole of Persona (played P4G earlier this year, just finished replaying P3FES, now playing P4A for the first time) and it occurred to me I should probably start the Endurance Run as well. All Persona all the time. No sleep. Only Persona.

(Growing backlog of books and shows to dive into whenever I've burned myself out on this lol)

robotrock

Banned
In anticipation of Dancing All Night I've recently fallen back down the black hole of Persona (played P4G earlier this year, just finished replaying P3FES, now playing P4A for the first time) and it occurred to me I should probably start the Endurance Run as well. All Persona all the time. No sleep. Only Persona.

(Growing backlog of books and shows to dive into whenever I've burned myself out on this lol)

Dancing All Night was the game to convince you to hop on this train?

Speaking of Persona, I really should get back to playing and finishing 1 and Eternal Punishment. And as much good things I hear about the ER, I haven't seen it either since I really don't want to see anything Persona 4 related ever again.

Speaking of Persona, I really should get back to playing and finishing 1 and Eternal Punishment. And as much good things I hear about the ER, I haven't seen it either since I really don't want to see anything Persona 4 related ever again.

Do people actually like the first Persona? I liked P2: IS, but man P1 is really impenetrable for me.

repeater

Press the "Download Demo" button on the Steam Store Page. It's the same as the Stadium demo on the ManiaPlanet site, so it's pretty much free until September. The only limitation I've run into in the demo is that you can't customize your car's skin/horn.
No Sanic skin, no sale (free download).

No Sanic skin, no sale (free download).

gotta go fast. and actually buy the game so I can use it.

FSne65B.jpg

Dancing All Night was the game to convince you to hop on this train?
I had traveled these rails some time ago but I'm boarding again in anticipation of 5 and to catch up on story stuff for DAN (I love me a good rhythm game). I played FES and 4 when they came out but I hadn't played Golden or any of the spinoffs.

Early in P4A now. Surprised how many developments there have been relating to the end of 3 (also hadn't previously seen the NG+ Margaret scene in 4). Curious to see where they'll take this...

Myggen

Since this was discussed previously, it appears that the managed livestream link works now, so it can still be used to watch the latest livestream before the archive goes up on the site. They've fixed it so that you have to be a premium member to watch premium content with that link, so I'll add it to the OP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe Jason doesn't like Dandelion in Witcher. Dandelion is a world-class bro for Geralt.

He's really not. The idea that Geralt doesn't abandon him by now going purely by the narrative of the games and not the books is insane. There's nothing redeemable about him.

I can't believe Jason doesn't like Dandelion in Witcher. Dandelion is a world-class bro for Geralt.

He act's like an ass all the time and continually needs to get his shit saved by Geralt, it's a miracle Geralt hasn't just left him to die at this point.

Glad to hear it. Not really a rhythm game dude outside of Rock Band, but I'm totally buying this for the soundtrack alone. Gonna be great!

If you're a fan of P4 you should have a great time with it. The soundtrack is great, the presentation is great, it's really satisfying to play and it's a fantastic send off for that cast. Really looking forward to playing the English version later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom