• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think motherfuckers could do stuff like this

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mrjvncul9C1suchdko1_400.gif

a0L4D5q_460s.jpg

And have a US only presence?

New season premieres this Saturday! I actually liked the presentation of last season. The graphics were really cool. Missed Kari, Grant, and Tory, though. Wouldn't it be funny if Will and Norm were on the show?

Cranzor

Didn't Jeff say he thought he might be in the running for the record of biggest game collection? I might be remembering that.

louiedog

I dunno. He doesn't let his kids play video games.

At least they get to watch movies. I know this because I sat two rows behind his family when I saw Ratatouille a few years ago. I didn't see him at that start (he was wearing that hat from the gif up the page, or one like it), but the first time he laughed it was unmistakable and hit me immediately.

Which brings the list of celebrities I've seen out and about to Adam Savage, Drew Scanlon & Alexis Gallisa (getting pizza together), and OJ Simpson.

At least they get to watch movies. I know this because I sat two rows behind his family when I saw Ratatouille a few years ago. I didn't see him at that start (he was wearing that hat from the gif up the page, or one like it), but the first time he laughed it was unmistakable and hit me immediately.

Which brings the list of celebrities I've seen out and about to Adam Savage, Drew Scanlon & Alexis Gallisa (getting pizza together), and OJ Simpson.

do you live in san francisco

send drew my unrequited love

I was playing Rocket League and the goalie missed the ball and somebody in text chatted "whiff game is on fleek". I don't know what that means, I've literally only ever seen that word here.

like the minimap on the right! I assumed it was an item when rorie played it because it wasn't there at launch. Seems pretty fucking huge

Apparently it went through some huge changes. I think that's why they played it at UPF and some people were yearning for a QuickLook update?

Wunder

Apparently it went through some huge changes. I think that's why they played it at UPF and some people were yearning for a QuickLook update?

yeah it looked really rad, but i think part of it was the fact he just joined the server and all this cool shit was built already. I do like fighting the bosses and loot though

I've never played Terraria but I did try Starbound, which I only really did because I thought the different race stuff looked cool

just not my kind of game

danm999

I played Starbound for most of a day like 12 months ago and thought it was going to be really neat at some point but had no idea what to do next and haven't played it since.

Jintor

my main problem was the UI thing, it was just not actually very fun to play because I couldn't really tell what I was doing and I was in no mood to struggle to find out

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The thing about Terraria that's dumb is that they expect you to just stumble into the bosses and know which areas to explore at certain times. The game pretty much requires a wiki or guide to get a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's flawed, but a lot of fun if you get into it.

yeah starbound was rough.

I played Starbound for most of a day like 12 months ago and thought it was going to be really neat at some point but had no idea what to do next and haven't played it since.

yeah, that's mostly my issue with games like that. I don't understand how people can have the drive to play games like that for hours at a time. Like, my roommate used to fire up minecraft on the xbox every once in a while and I'd join and we'd build something dumb for an hour, but people put so much time into those games and I'm just not able to come up with stuff to do for that much time.

It's partly why I worry about No Man's Sky because I feel like I'll play it for 30 minutes go "wow this is cool" and then turn it off, only to get the itch to play it for another 30 minutes at some point in the near future.

I've been thinking about picking up Elite Dangerous but, again, I'll just run out of stuff to make myself do.

I can't do terraria

I feel like I'm straining to understand what the fuck I'm clicking on
The UI is horrendous
It's just

I'm sure the rpg aspects of it, such as loot and shit is fun, it certainly feels like it would be, but everything else just turns me off. Thanks steam refund.

tumblr_nrerznawJZ1qe4qeqo1_540.jpg

You're my nightmare!

In an alternate timeline, recently-fired-from-Gamespot Jeff Gerstmann would take his massive collection of games, fill an entire room with shelves and shelves of games and review each and every one of them in 30 minute scripted Youtube videos a la AVGN.

Jintor

maybe the thing that kept me in minecraft most of all was climbing a cliff as dawn began to break and that really minimalistic piano music started up, looking into a foggy blocky dawn and thinking 'man, video games are alright'

kinda thing just doesn't happen in terraria, y'know

maybe the thing that kept me in minecraft most of all was climbing a cliff as dawn began to break and that really minimalistic piano music started up, looking into a foggy blocky dawn and thinking 'man, video games are alright'

kinda thing just doesn't happen in terraria, y'know

sure it does

you just have to squint

I mean, great concept, but that pixellated shit got on my nerves.

Xater

yeah, that's mostly my issue with games like that. I don't understand how people can have the drive to play games like that for hours at a time. Like, my roommate used to fire up minecraft on the xbox every once in a while and I'd join and we'd build something dumb for an hour, but people put so much time into those games and I'm just not able to come up with stuff to do for that much time.

It's partly why I worry about No Man's Sky because I feel like I'll play it for 30 minutes go "wow this is cool" and then turn it off, only to get the itch to play it for another 30 minutes at some point in the near future.

I've been thinking about picking up Elite Dangerous but, again, I'll just run out of stuff to make myself do.

It probably says more about you than about the game.

demidar

I loved Terreria. I booted it up again after seeing it on UPF and the amount of changes and quality of life improvements is immense, so (I think) I'm falling down the hole again.

Still waiting for Starbound to release 1.0 :/

Xater

yeah i know

just cuz i dont understand how people feel that way doesnt mean i dont acknowledge that they do

This wasn't really a dig against you. I get that some people like structured experiences. I personally like both, structured and free form. It all depends what I am in the mood for. I like games like Minecraft when I can set my own goals and see how I can achieve them. It works for me as long as the systems keep being interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom