• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terraria's just bad at welcoming new players. it always kind of has been, but as someone who was there when it was an early beta, it's just baffling to me now. at least back then there was a pretty logical progression instead of 'HERE HAVE A WORLD'

it's nearing DOTA levels of impenetrable for new players

daydream

Banned
when terraria came out on xbla, i had this initial rush of playing it for several hours straight for a couple days. the promise of a more goal-oriented and varied minecraft sounded too appealing until i understood that even here the progression was too fucking slow and esoteric to pull off

thankfully, steamworld dig came out some time later and did exactly what i wanted with the formula

Terraria's just bad at welcoming new players. it always kind of has been, but as someone who was there when it was an early beta, it's just baffling to me now. at least back then there was a pretty logical progression instead of 'HERE HAVE A WORLD'

I've never quite understood if it was intentionally like that, but it's at the point where if you aren't staring at a wiki you're going to miss out on like 95% of the content in the game. Hopefully the sequel does a better job of guiding players.

Maybe it's just me but I would read the wiki all the time but I would never find any good cool stuff to do in that game. I have only managed to reach subterranean level that has lava. Rarely get any of the cool shit you see in the official trailers for all the Terraria patches. Maybe because I always play in a large world?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
A very sad day. It would be nice if the east or west crew did a stream in commemoration.

guys yall should get into Dota so you can follow what's happening in the international in a little less than a month

i was thinking about making a noob thread to help new people but I'm not sure it's of any use to people over in gaming

guys yall should get into Dota so you can follow what's happening in the international in a little less than a month

i was thinking about making a noob thread to help new people but I'm not sure it's of any use to people over in gaming

Naw you should do it. A TI5 primer would be much appreciated even for a player like me. 16 mil prize pool is no joke.

CJxNkl0UEAAI3U1.png

credit: pepsiman

I am still confused about why the Beastcast is complaining about eBay. That's how bidding works, the person willing to pay the most wins. The timing of the bids is irrelevant.

When is that 1.0.7 patch for Witcher supposed to drop? I stopped playing right at the start when I heard about it under the assumption it was being applied soon, but I haven't seen it update.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
When is that 1.0.7 patch for Witcher supposed to drop? I stopped playing right at the start when I heard about it under the assumption it was being applied soon, but I haven't seen it update.

I'd expect it this week but I don't think there's been any official confirmation.

Patryn

First he lost the jorts, now he's cleaning up his house.

He's gone, my dudes.

I get that you're joking, but dude seems happier now than he's been since at least Ryan passed so good for him.

Besides which, didn't he pull out his original XBox and games for his fiancee? I doubt the collection is going into storage never to be seen again.

I support the idea of an Iwata-stream. Show the audience that he was more than just an executive.

she's lived there for months so if anything he probably just found the time and/or motivation to really dig into that chaos. if anything, having it semi-organized just means it'll be easier for him to find random dumb bullshit when the urge strikes

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think that I've ever loved a mecha anime.

Even the one I like, Full metal panic, became SO MUCH BETTER when they ditch the mechs in fumoffu.

Also love bokurano for reasons not related to mechs.

danm999

I am still confused about why the Beastcast is complaining about eBay. That's how bidding works, the person willing to pay the most wins. The timing of the bids is irrelevant.

I think what frustrated Vinny, but that he failed to properly articulate, is that for a layperson eBay forces you to either feel like a dope and lose to an auto-bidder, or buy it now and pay a markup.

And yes, that is how it's supposed to work. It also feels kinda shitty when you lose, but not to the extent I think anything about the system needs to change.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I hear Dota is terrible and NeoGAF is a bunch of dirty cheaters. That's what professional video game casters told me yesterday.

Myggen

I don't get motion sickness from games very often, but the camera in this Rise of Incarnates QL is really something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom