• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
excited to see danswers return to the under-represented "three guys talk about their love life and give gamers advice on the friendzone" podcast cateogry.

actually excited for Brad to be on this, but someone had to say it.

I'm thinking about cancelling my subscription, I can't handle all this misinformation on eggs on Danswers.

Still can't get over Dan's opinions on money in a relationship

Volotaire

Bradswers

2686582-ok.gif

FStop7

Banned
I'm thinking about cancelling my subscription, I can't handle all this misinformation on eggs on Danswers.

Still can't get over Dan's opinions on money in a relationship

Don't take financial advice from a person who doesn't know what a mortgage is. It's that simple.

justjim89

I like Danswers, I really enjoy the guys talking about fairly serious stuff. And even if a lot of the actual advice boils down to "Talk to your partner" or "Move on with your life" the conversations around the emails are interesting and if you're the person emailing in, just hearing the obvious advice validated by other people with personal stories interspersed can go a long way to helping.

Danswers is probably my favorite premium podcast.

mattp

Anyone listen to the McElroys' My Brother, My Brother and Me podcast? How's it compare to Danswers?

i think i'm alone in this, but i cannot stand those guys, nor that podcast.
multiple people recommended it to me and said how hilarious it was. it is not funny. at all
danswers is 10x better

Still havent listened to a episode of Danswers but I appreciate they have soiled off all the weird way too personal email stuff to its own thing

Purple_Tentacle

Neo Member
Danswers is as good as the questions and the hosts' anecdotal experiences. The questions have been repetitive and so have (after the initial telling or so) the life stories. I don't mind it I just don't think it has any legs.

I mean I'm assuming the vast majority of people in this thread don't need much of an excuse to hear the guys shoot the shit in any form of content (people are literally scraping their Periscope feeds), let's not pretend the podcast format needs to be good.

Anyone listen to the McElroys' My Brother, My Brother and Me podcast? How's it compare to Danswers?

I've never listened to danswers but MBMBAM is pretty much the only podcast I listen to. It's consistently hilarious. Anything the McElroys touch turns to gold, and their D&D Podcast "Adventure Zone" is also amazing. Griffin is a fantastic DM.

i think i'm alone in this, but i cannot stand those guys, nor that podcast.
multiple people recommended it to me and said how hilarious it was. it is not funny. at all
danswers is 10x better

see this is an example of how opinions can be wrong.

I mean I'm assuming the vast majority of people in this thread don't need much of an excuse to hear the guys shoot the shit in any form of content, let's not pretend the podcast format needs to be good.

yeah but most of the answers are:

- if you're suffering from some sort of mental health issue then go see a professional
- if you're having issues with your relationship then for the love of god please communicate, communication is key.

and there's a couple of other things but most answers are some variation of those two replies.

man i could set my watch to the "is danswers good" talk

it happens every time a new episode comes out.

Yeah I always make it a point to listen to Danswers. I think it's really good for people to at least vent out their issues and to hear some general feedback even if it's not always the best advice.

Dan's "everyone's responsible for their own circumstances/bills, work harder to change it"/"everyone fends for themselves" is pretty weak. It's easy to say that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom