• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

Does that imply a "lawyer" is just somebody who is more "lawy" than me? Why isn't there a lawfirm out there marketing themselves as the lawyest? There are law tigers that ride motorcycles, and there's a lawyer with dreadlocks who calls himself "The attorney that rocks" here, you can't tell me every lawyer out there is above calling himself the lawyest to get high college students to call him for their court appearances.

Don't try and make sense of English. It's a bastard of a language.

Jintor

So what're some good non-gaming podcasts? Besides the GB podcasts, I listen to The Adventure Zone and will try MBMBaM.

This is super niche but if you have any interest in China's day-to-day political/cultural life I recommend the Sinica podcast. Amazing analysis and talk.

Other than that I mostly listen to staples like the McElroys, Planet Money (economics), This American Life (general in-depth journalism/interesting stuff), the Infinite Monkey Cage (BBC Science podcast), 99% Invisible (fascinating design podcast) and the Bugle (comedy news).

So what're some good non-gaming podcasts? Besides the GB podcasts, I listen to The Adventure Zone and will try MBMBaM.

Welcome To Nightvale scratches my Twilight Zone itch, The Late Show Podcast is a nice 15-20 minute podcast with Colbert discussing how the Late Show is coming along, and Friday Night Comedy from BBC Radio 4. The Bugle is also great because Oliver is fucking amazing.

Think I'm done with Danswers. The marriage and money thing was just the end of it. And five seconds after Brad talks about how he helped out his girlfriend.

danm999

The Bugle is amazing. I don't know how John Oliver finds the time.

Also obligatory Comedy Big Bang Bing Bong Theory mention.

Bacon

Think I'm done with Danswers. The marriage and money thing was just the end of it. And five seconds after Brad talks about how he helped out his girlfriend.

Yeah that was rough. Just really crazy stuff that I couldn't come close to empathizing with

Comedy Bang Bang

justjim89

The Comedy Button is great. All the guys work or have worked in the game industry, but they never talk about games. Anthony Gallegos and Ryan Scott formerly of Gamespy, Brian Altano and Max Scoville of IGN, and Scott Bromley formerly of IGN. They even had Dan as a guest on episode 171.

Hilarious podcast with a lot of heart, though it is a bit blue and sophomoric.

kai3345

Banned
Oh man I forgot about this! Never know if I should watch any of the movies before listening so I can be more into what they're saying or if it would be better if I just went in knowing absolutely nothing.

I haven't watched either of the movies they've watched and I've enjoyed just about every episode (except for the awful live episodes)

The hosts actively encourage listeners to NOT watch the films too. It's fun to try and piece together the plot of the films just from their descriptions.

Pomo

The Best Show (formerly The Best Show on WFMU) is—next to the Bombcast—my favorite podcast of all time. It's absolutely hysterical, and I'd entirely recommend it to anyone interested in punk music, comedy, or cheesesteaks. If it means anything, I've heard Jeff is a fan.

Besides that, Laser Time.

In terms of descending "you should really really listen to this" order: Harmontown, Slate Political Gabfest, The Comedy Button, Vergecast, Savage Lovecast, The Canon

Bacon

How do I kill 40 minutes. I've never wanted time to go faster than I do right now.

slide_321105_3009299_free.gif

FStop7

Banned
You know Giant Bomb has really changed when someone sincerely asks "Are you familiar with Gundam Extreme Versus?" during a quicklook.

I really think it's for the better, GB breaking out of its old conventions.

No_Style

I like to go back and look up GB Highlights. Here's a classic from 2009.

Ryan, Jeff, Vinny and Dave talk about MW2's dumb night vision goggles and Die Hard.

Vinny is crazy for ranking Die Hard 3 lower than 2. What a crazy man!

I know that within the next hour you people will be complaining that Drew or Dan has done something wrong, and it in some way.offends you greatly.

Bacon

How did Dan get hired at GB? He's never had an energy drink! The website was practically built on taste testing energy drinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom