• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebetite

Banned
He does tackle some interesting themes but, boy, it's often not a pretty sight. We're not that long past the vagina bomb and I'm not sure this Quiet thing is going to be handled very well given his recent history. Or his whole history, really. I dunno, I admire that he wants to bring some thought to the AAA blockbuster style game but he doesn't inspire much confidence that he could pull it off given most of his output.

To bring up the "lol bees" thing, yeah the Cobra Unit is a bunch of goofy dumb bosses but it harkens back to an era of goofy dumb bond villains like Jaws or Oddjob where being a bigger than life villain was part of the show.

But the upcoming MGS4 bosses are completely mishandled and pretty fanservice-y in ways that reminds one of the boob grabbing in Policenauts or the shower scenes in Snatcher. It just seems to be pandering to the baser instincts of the young and impressionable male and doesn't seem to serve any other group or any other purpose outside of "hot girls are always awesome"

His games are so unique and just completely unlike 99% of the stuff out there that I do my best to ignore this stuff because there's so much else to take in. but squishy boob Quiet toy isn't helping matters.

oh if we're talking about kojima in the past decade i'm right there with you. he's dropped way, way, way, way off imo

eagle-eyed readers of this thread are quite likely to find some coded message about how metal gear solid 4 is the most disappointing game i've ever played and how much i hate it every time a new scanlon episode goes live

You tell them!

I too ignore and berate the Titanic movie because the naked drawing scene.

haha, you make me sound like some conservative prude.

What am getting at is that he's trying to have it both ways. He wants his work to be taken seriously and be respected for his high minded, thought provoking writing but all the same he handles some controversial subjects with the grace of a drunken edward scissorhands trying to carry a paper bag full of groceries.

haha, you make me sound like some conservative prude.

What am getting at is that he's trying to have it both ways. He wants his work to be taken seriously and be respected for his body of work but all the same he handles some controversial subjects with the grace of edward scissorhands trying to carry a paper bag full of groceries.

I try~! But there's nothing wrong with that. It's basically anime. It's basically as silly as having animals talk shit to each other and yet still have a deeper meaning.

I try~! But there's nothing wrong with that. It's basically anime. It's basically as silly as having animals talk shit to each other and yet still have a deeper meaning.

Well i was just rebuffing the notion that Kojima is the Burroughs of game auteurs. I never said it wasn't anime, hell MGS is hella anime.

So the only way to solve this is to have someone do a Burroughs anime so that the original comparison actually rings true!

Well i was just rebuffing the notion that Kojima is the Burroughs of game auteurs. I never said it wasn't anime, hell MGS is hella anime.

So the only way to solve this is to have someone do a Burroughs anime so that the original comparison actually rings true!

Oh I don't know who this Burroughs person is. I would call Hideo Kojima the Isaac Clarke of video games.(and anime)

daydream

Banned
Like you didn't know what you were getting into by googling that.

but i am innocent

i was like "no way burroughs hasn't been anime-fied in some form' so i googled that (sadly with no luck) and then just adjusted the search term to 'naked lunch anime' automatically. i suppose i would have foreseen the results if i had reflected on my action beforehand

but i am innocent

i was like "no way burroughs hasn't been anime-fied in some form' so i googled that (sadly with no luck) and then just adjusted the search term to 'naked lunch anime' automatically. i suppose i would have foreseen the results if i had reflected on my action beforehand

RwO5VgE.jpg

but i am innocent

I think the closest you'll get is in the Simpsons when Bart sneaks into a screening of Naked Lunch.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Over/Under on Brad finally getting there today?

Safe bet is it's not happening, but I can believe, right?

Geez, what did I ever see in God of War back in the day. Besides the graphics, setting, and scope there really isn't much to this game. Its still pretty decent, but man...

Alright I'll give some serious consideration into earthbound if I can find the time.

Great bombcast so far.

I just saw the loading screen tip that says you can switch signs using the d-pad while you're parrying and my MIND IS BLOWN

Pomo

What are you people saying
Earthbound took me like 24-ish hours my first time through, hardly a long JRPG

it's also a fantastic game so yes play it but also Mother 3 is a fantastic game so play that too and then play it again and again and again and say to yourself "Wow that game is good"

you're doing a disservice to yourself if you don't play Mother 3 after you play Earthbound

it's also a fantastic game so yes play it but also Mother 3 is a fantastic game so play that too and then play it again and again and again and say to yourself "Wow that game is good"

you're doing a disservice to yourself if you don't play Mother 3 after you play Earthbound

Mother 3's turn based rhythm combat is one of the coolest things I've ever seen in an RPG. Earthbound and Mother 3 are both amazing games.

I've 'played' Mother 3 five times now but I can't bring myself to finish it. I always get to chapter 7 and then I take a break and stop because I don't want to get to the ending and be done with the series.

TraBuch

Banned
I like how Brad is talking about some great Rocket Leaguer and is like "YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!" and fails to actually mention who it is.

Pomo

I've 'played' Mother 3 five times now but I can't bring myself to finish it. I always get to chapter 7 and then I take a break and stop because I don't want to get to the ending and be done with the series.

I know whatcha mean, but that ending is so good, so so good. It deserves to be seen.

You could always wait to finish it until they release The Collected Earthbound: Mother 1+2+3 for 3DS next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom