• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZB9NHlo.png

Nice!

Oooh. They all seem pretty high on Rocket League. Maybe they'll do Rocket League: East vs. West? Remember, you can bring local splitscreen to online. So, they can have four on the couch in SF, and then four in NY (maybe they can bring in Jeff Bakalar as the fourth player).

Patryn

The Jimmy Fallon one.

Remind me to never wear a ring after the wedding.

Picking my wedding ring was very illuminating. You read about all the possible materials, and then read about how each can possibly mangle your finger beyond recognition in its own way.

That's not even to get into the whole thing with degloving *shudder*.

The Jimmy Fallon one.

Remind me to never wear a ring after the wedding.

I just had the pleasure of clicking that one myself. Good god.

I don't understand the Avulson term. Is it saying it was yanked suddenly and it caused that damage, or just the pressure of wearing it normally cost a problem?

I think it's the fact that you wear a ring for so long without taking it off, and when something happens whether it's you trying to pull it off fast or what have you, you kinda...end up tearing the skin off. Dunno why they use the avulsion term. I'm sure there's a scientific reason.

Zaph

So gross.

When I was in college, a guy got degloved by some robotic equipment lift thing. Luckily I wasn't around to see it happen.

FStop7

Banned
You know what Rocket League would have been great for? Thursday Night Throwdown.

I'm sure RL is fun to play but it's coma inducing to watch. I didn't even make it halfway through the quicklook. I can't imagine a 90 minute show dedicated to it.

Right? The way he manages to talk about himself so much while complimenting other people is something of a Colin mainstay.

Last Friday's Colin and Greg Live was so good. It was Colin and Danny (filling in for Greg, who was at Comic Con). The show usually never goes over 1.5 hours, but that day they went 2. It was so entertaining.

http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames/v/7258493
http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames/v/7268523
http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames/v/7268622

(The entire episode is spread over the three links. Apparently going over two hours screwed something up for them)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have never understood the weight that Raymond's name carries. It's not like she designed the games or directed them or worked on the story for them. And her first major product that her name is tied to that pretty much everyone associates her with was the biggest disappointment of the generation at that point.

She must have some godly people skills or something.

Xater

I have never understood the weight that Raymond's name carries. It's not like she designed the games or directed them or worked on the story for them. And her first major product that her name is tied to that pretty much everyone associates her with was the biggest disappointment of the generation at that point.

She was the public face of AC that's the only reason. Despite not being a good game it sold a lot.

Megasoum

Banned
People often misunderstand the Producer's role in a big AAA game production.

Sure the producer doesn't take design decisions so his/her role might look unimportant for the end user but believe me, they are the most important person in the whole team.

You can release a game without a good designer (the game will suck but it will still be out on store shelves)... You can't release a game without a good producer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Isn't that a prerequisite for being a good producer?

That's what I've been trying to figure out is what I'm saying. I don't know why she'd be this high demand figure beyond being associated with AC1, so it must be some business level stuff that we're not privy to.

How often do you hear about Greg Donovan?

KingKong

there aren't that many developers that people know by name, especially in AAA games, so even if AC1 wasnt that good having her be front and center of it means a lot. how many other Ubisoft devs can you even name?

Zaph

Last Friday's Colin and Greg Live was so good. It was Colin and Danny (filling in for Greg, who was at Comic Con). The show usually never goes over 1.5 hours, but that day they went 2. It was so entertaining.

http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames/v/7258493
http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames/v/7268523
http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames/v/7268622

(The entire episode is spread over the three links. Apparently going over two hours screwed something up for them)

That dude's Ayn Rand t-shirt is ironic, right?

Did Jade Raymond run Ubisoft Montreal or was she just a producer for the early AC games?

Running the sweat shop that Ubisoft Montreal seems like is probably something that deserves some credit if she did that.

That's what I've been trying to figure out is what I'm saying. I don't know why she'd be this high demand figure beyond being associated with AC1, so it must be some business level stuff that we're not privy to.

How often do you hear about Greg Donovan?

She was a producer for a bunch of AAA games at ubisoft over a number of years, I don't think there are a ton of free agents in the industry with that level of experience so that in itself is relevant.

But her being at the forefront of AC1's marketing because she was an attractive woman and also the subsequent backlash against that were both misogynistic in different ways, and it's sort of interesting to look back on it after all the stuff that's happened in the last year.

Megasoum

Banned
Did Jade Raymond run Ubisoft Montreal or was she just a producer for the early AC games?

Running the sweat shop that Ubisoft Montreal seems like is probably something that deserves some credit if she did that.

She was producer on AC1 and then she founded and ran Ubisoft Toronto for the first 3-4 years of that studio before leaving Ubisoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom