• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Miller is a super nice dude. I drank beer once with him and I doubt he remembers that, but he was really cool.

That night involved vomiting.

Brashnir

who the fuck is Brand

LLEblWR.jpg

I think that's ok, because he's still working on his dissertation and that's probably what he did with the majority of his time in recent years.

He's earned the right to do so, right? I mean, he will (hopefully) soon be Dr. Walker. And Dan might mention MGS as much as wresting and action movies (or movies with cool people doing cool stuff)..

As an academic, I would suggest a 100% probability of that happening.

He has certainly earned the right, I only brought it up, as I found it to be a bit boastful, and whilst there is nothing inherently wrong with doing that, it stands out to me when anyone does it. I guess I'd like him to talk more about what he knows, and what he has learned, rather than simply tell us that he just knows it.

Listening to worldly, intelligent people talk on subjects is fascinating, but listening to those same people self-praise is not (for me anyway). I guess this is a small issue for me - enough for me to mention it here anyway. I still think he is a great addition to the site, and produces great content.

I guess Giant Bomb is a personality driven site after all, and if a big part of Austin's personality is striving to intake as much knowledge as possible then that's what he should predominantly share.

I have had issues with a bunch of "I am better than you" types in the past, and even though Austin is in no way doing this with his actions it much be triggering some of those memories for me.

Anyway, Austin is awesome. I just seem to have an issue with 0.01% of him, and I've probably talked too much about it now.

Bye!.

Fjordson

Really? Crap, I ordered that shirt too. Although I got my shipping confirmation last week. I expect customs will hold it up because I was impatient and ordered with a broken shipping rate.
Yeah, a bummer since it's a pretty nice shirt. Just a simple logo and whatnot.

Luckily Rorie already responded to my email and said he was looking into a replacement with the shirt company. Surprisingly awesome response time tbh.

I love that every time Vinny summarizes Dragonball he always expresses concern for the disappearance of the animal people in the transition to Dragon Ball Z.

Knowing nothing about Dragonball, based on his summary, I assume Dragonball was mostly a younger kid's show, while Dragonball Z was aimed at teens?

Yeah, a bummer since it's a pretty nice shirt. Just a simple logo and whatnot.

Luckily Rorie already responded to my email and said he was looking into a replacement with the shirt company. Surprisingly awesome response time tbh.

That be how Rorie do.

Knowing nothing about Dragonball, based on his summary, I assume Dragonball was mostly a younger kid's show, while Dragonball Z was aimed at teens?

I think both were aimed at teens (the original Dragonball is surprisingly high on the ecchi scale), but Dragonball has a distinct SLO/Comedy aspect that is largely lost in Z.

I love that every time Vinny summarizes Dragonball he always expresses concern for the disappearance of the animal people in the transition to Dragon Ball Z.

This was actually symbolized early in DBZ with emphasis on Saiyans losing/getting rid of their tails.

I'm bullshitting, but it sounds smart.

really though, it's his unparallelled depth of knowledge regarding the japanese animations that is bothering you isn't it Keyser

I watched 20 episodes of One Piece about a year ago, and watched all of Legend of Korra (although that apparently does not count). I kinda like anime things, maybe.

Tan

Probably maybe? There are definitely things in original Dragonball I wouldn't show to kids, even if Goku came off as super innocent. But Japan is Japan so I don't know.

Sweet

#TeamGBWest

So long earlycast,
if he is serious.
Okay, I'll start timestamping everything. Podcast will henceforth be posting three hours later, since I'll need to go back and listen to the whole thing to note all the times. Everyone make sure to thank CambriaRising for lighting a fire under me on this one!

And the unfortunate thing is, people are always blasting Colin for beliefs they expect he has because of his political affiliations. It's perhaps the biggest reason I can't stand politics.

Whenever there is a topic like that on the GameOverGreggy Show, it usually comes from either Tim or Nick. They even host a love advice show called Love and Sex Stuff. Greg and Colin's topics are typically better. Greg usually has the nerdy topics and Colin usually has the "mature" ones. For instance, in the past two weeks Colin did topics on the Confederate Flag controversy, as well as the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling. His are usually the least watched.

Ah, I see. I did enjoy Conversation With Colin back in the day. Maybe I will cautiously give it a look. The stuff that annoyed me about Colin was his weirdly aggressive bias for certain games and certainly for Sony. Podcast Beyond had some weird groupthink stuff going on most of the time.

Regarding your first point, you're absolutely right. People pick their sides, and anybody that disagrees with them has to not only be wrong, but they are a bad person and are idiots. Perfectly reasonable, intelligent people can disagree and have very widely varying viewpoints on things. No reasoning with some people (in this thread).

Cyros

Listening to the podcast and I've made it to the God of War talk. Did Dan shit on Drawn to Death with the rest of the GB crew?

Myggen

Listening to the podcast and I've made it to the God of War talk. Did Dan shit on Drawn to Death with the rest of the GB crew?

Yes, but not as much as Patrick especially. But I'd say that Drawn to Death has an "EDGY!!!!!!" vibe that GoW never tried to have, which is what makes me really cringe about Drawn to Death.

Am I remembering wrong or was Ryan a big fan of the God of War games as well?

Yup, he even liked GoW III.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Meanwhile:

Rocket League ‏@RocketLeague 26m26 minutes ago San Diego, CA
UPDATE 12:57 PM PT: MP Servers currently in extended downtime to implement multiple behind-the-scenes updates. Apologies for the wait.

I wouldnt be so sure this GB stream is gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom