• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the complaints I hear about MGSV having very few cutscenes and feeling more like a Splinter Cell game are making me more excited to play it

Really excited to play Grow Home tomorrow, too

Myggen

C8q0P2a.png

Seems reasonable.

When Deadpool releases they should repost the old Deadpool QL. I would approve, if nothing else.
C8q0P2a.png

Seems reasonable.

Drive Club and Gears fans need to unite into one force. Only then can they hope to defeat the hegemony Jeff has over them. No game deserves 2/5 when it could be a 6/10, which is what a 10-point scale would lead to. (I suspect a 100-point scale would lead to something like a 65 or something.)

When Deadpool releases they should repost the old Deadpool QL. I would approve, if nothing else.

Drive Club and Gears fans need to unite into one force. Only then can they hope to defeat the hegemony Jeff has over them. No game deserves 2/5 when it could be a 6/10, which is what a 10-point scale would lead to. (I suspect a 100-point scale would lead to something like a 65 or something.)

Everyone know's that a 6/10 basically means that the game is broken.

If a game isn't a 9/10 then I'm not buying it.

Zaph

daydream

Banned
It makes financial sense, and low risk, to port this version of the game for the Deadpool film release instead of developing another or no Deadpool movie tie in.

i didn't know there was a movie happening. that makes more sense than before, then. kinda, sorta.

Myggen

Brad Shoemaker ‏@bradshoemaker 34 minutes ago

Overly long MGS V QL is in the can, should be up tonight. It's all super early-game stuff and Billy Idol.

One short cutscene near the end (which is the first cutscene you see after the intro) is the only story stuff in the QL according to Brad.

I really have to go back and watch breaking bad. I've only ever watched it through once, and my viewing of the first few seasons was way separated from my viewings of 4 and 5.

Watters didn't say that, he made an argument similar to that for why he didn't like MGS4.

Okay good lol. Even in context to MGS4 that's really dumb.

I really have to go back and watch breaking bad. I've only ever watched it through once, and my viewing of the first few seasons was way separated from my viewings of 4 and 5.

All the seasons are on Netflix, I might rewatch it too now that I'm thinking about it.

real talk, I prefer season 3

One Minute is one of the very best hours of television

Yes, that is a fantastic episode, 3 is right up there with 4, in particular the last half of 3.

Anjin M

"Season 4 of Breaking Bad sucks. It explains nothing to people who just tuned in." -Chris Watters

Curious what the context for this quote is, but I disagree with the logic anyway. Like with MGS. Sure, I will probably miss some things by not playing the earlier games. But, it's probably a good enough game to play it anyway and pick up some meaning just for the given context.

edit://
Watters didn't say that, he made an argument similar to that for why he didn't like MGS4.

Ah, okay. I guess I even figured out the context myself.

Noaloha

Did anyone anyone watch PAX's dnd Acquisitions Incorporated show over Prime this year? Damn it was fun. I wish, wish, wish that GB could put on a similar-ish(!) show. Not 'Unplugged' necessarily, but something. It could be 'gated' by guests, even. I think that would be sweet. Just get a super solid DM. No names mentioned.

Also.. entirely random while I'm here:

Can I get Austin running a story in Jason Rohrer's Sleep Is Death for Vinny and cohorts to puzzle through? Please?

The JV ER was probably the more evenly entertaining of the two but some of the better moments in the BR ER are really, really great.

"There's a giant dog in that intersection. There's a giant dog in that intersection. There's a giant dog in that intersection. There's a giant dog in that intersection. Brad, there's a giant dog in that intersection."

What a jerk.

What a wierdo.

Just sayin' If GB east became a endless series of endurance runs of Vinny playing games in the office because he has no free time at home I would be OK with that.

Another boon to having Austin in that office is his love of grognard-ass grognard shit, which gives Vinny someone to play off of like Hardcore Dave back in the day.

Another boon to having Austin in that office is his love of grognard-ass grognard shit, which gives Vinny someone to play off of like Hardcore Dave back in the day.

I wouldn't really characterize Austin as a grognard. Unless you think playing Paradox games that sell over a million copies for a bit is grognard.

Curious what the context for this quote is, but I disagree with the logic anyway. Like with MGS. Sure, I will probably miss some things by not playing the earlier games. But, it's probably a good enough game to play it anyway and pick up some meaning just for the given context.

yeah but not every game has to be for everyone. I mean, if you want sales, sure. but it's weird that we would hold games to something that we don't do with other narrative media.

it would be silly of me to see Return of the King without seeing the others and complain that it doesn't fill me in on what happened.

edit://

Ah, okay. I guess I even figured out the context myself.

wait which video are you talking about? I love the comedy button

From last page:

Here's a panel Danny hosted at the same space where the Thursday night panel and MPP5 happened: Your Favorite Game Sucks! - The Dumbest Panel @ PAX 2015

The panelists include: Colin Moriarty (Assassin's Creed II- 2009), Chris Watters (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots- 2008), Brian Altano (Batman: Arkham Knight- 2015), and Anthony Carboni (Final Fantasy VII- 1997).

I think Chris' argument was the weakest, because, in his argument, he admits the only Metal Gear games he's played are Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (the GameCube remake) and MGS4. MGS2 and MGS3 are vital to completely (at least attempting to) understanding the story.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh when I heard about that panel originally I thought they were going to talk about good games to make it difficult.

Indignate

I feel like they picked easy marks.

As a fan of each of those games, I can shit on them just as good if not better than they did.

Watching GB Live show from last Thursday. What's the backstory of Brad and this USB drive?

Merger??

A few years ago Brad's USB drive which he used to store pretty much all his Xbox 360 saves became corrupted. I believe this was around the release of Mass Effect 3 and so he no longer had a Commander Shepard to import into the game, and didn't want to complete ME3 without his character. After that I don't recall what happened, I seem to remember him sending it in somewhere? He eventually did finish ME3 later that year but I don't remember if he ever got his Shepard save back or if he just used a save editor.

OkayRene

A few years ago Brad's USB drive which he used to store pretty much all his Xbox 360 saves became corrupted. I believe this was around the release of Mass Effect 3 and so he no longer had a Commander Shepard to import into the game, and didn't want to complete ME3 without his character. After that I don't recall what happened, I seem to remember him sending it in somewhere? He eventually did finish ME3 later that year but I don't remember if he ever got his Shepard save back or if he just used a save editor.

So after all these years, someone was finally able to restore all his saves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom